• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shovel Knight 2-C

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the event that option A gets 9 staff votes and option C gets 7 or something, but the possibly rating and option D get 2 votes each, would the 7 full agrees stack on top of the lessers agreeing options and we’d just end up going with the possibly or different key?

In the event that option A gets 9 staff votes and option C gets 7 or something, but the possibly rating and option D get 2 votes each, would the 7 full agrees stack on top of the lessers agreeing options and we’d just end up going with the possibly or different key?
We can cross that bridge if we get to it. Specific circumstances like that are unlikely, and if they do occur, we can address how to handle them when they do. There's no need to discuss it at this point.

Well, that obviously changes things. Thank you for the information.

However, the underlying point, and everything else with it, still applies. We've established a strong precedent in CRTs in the past that, even with explicit statements, we do not take things such as responses to fan questions on Twitter as adequate proof for profile revisions. The old DMC 3-A ratings based on Kamiya's Twitter comments come to mind - we do not give ratings based off of author social media comments even when the depiction in the media is tenuous, let alone contradicted like this.

And furthermore, the problem regarding Death of the Author still applies. The depiction of Kratos in Shovel Knight provably is not the same as the Kratos that would be present at the purported point in the timeline. The media contradicts the author's claims, and in this situation, we would take the media. Without an explanation for these contradictions, we cannot simply take this at face value.
Tbf here the Kamiya situation can't be compared to basically anything and it's mostly because people just decided his response was a troll for vs battles reasons and because Matt had to push hard af to downgrade DMC and claiming lol troll was his only trap card

Tbf here the Kamiya situation can't be compared to basically anything and it's mostly because people just decided his response was a troll for vs battles reasons and because Matt had to push hard af to downgrade DMC and claiming lol troll was his only trap card
matt moment

Ye. Preferably the option D though.

Not really, every Toy Story character has both a Toy Story and a Kingdom Hearts 3 key, so every SK character would have that too.
Didn't they all appear in KH though? The only one who appears for this is Shovel Knight himself lol

Apparently Cory has since confirmed that the weapons Kratos has in Shovel Knight are just for the Boss Fight aspect. It means nothing narratively and is not meant to be taken seriously. I will try looking for the source.

EDIT: NVM, it's from the youtube link:

(31m 51s)

The Blades thing starts at around 33m 10s where he addresses that fans would ask about what's up with the Blades in Shovel Knight despite having lost them, and it's where Cory elaborates that he wasn't supposed to have them but they chose to do it anyway, because its purpose was to deliberately show Kratos traveling to another myth without spoiling it was gonna be Norse.

Last edited:
Apparently Cory has since confirmed that the weapons Kratos has in Shovel Knight are just for the Boss Fight aspect. It means nothing narratively and is not meant to be taken seriously. I will try looking for the source.

(31m 51s)

Doesn’t this just completely debunk the opposition’s entire case

(31m 51s)

Interesting....

So, I'll specify again why Option D is the best one to take:
  • It only goes to the safe route, creating a new key will prevent breaking the canon SK scaling and lore.
  • Will prevent everyone and their mothers to get a 2-C rating outta a random crossover thing which isn't related to them, but only the characters directly involved in this (aka SK himself and none else)
  • Will make a compromise between who wants to make this canon and who doesn't.

Maybe the in lore excuse could be something like "this about the time Kratos started learning his magic and weapons are gonna stop working which is why he only has a couple of them left on his person".

I mean, the post KLOL506 makes completely shatters the timeline issues. So, this jus comes down to whether or not this is an outlier.

tbf it doesn’t have to necessarily be an outlier. We’ve seen from the comics how pathetically weak kratos can be when he limits his power and this fight could’ve been one of those instances

tbf it doesn’t have to necessarily be an outlier. We’ve seen from the comics how pathetically weak kratos can be when he limits his power and this fight could’ve been one of those instances
This too. We know for a fact that Kratos was massively weakened both from the Fallen God comics and Bruno himself hammering it down about the comic that Kratos has just healed from his stomach wound thanks to his Immortality curse, which is why he is so weakened.

Just gonna say again, outliers are only outliers if they aren’t doubled down, tripled, quadrupled down whatever by multiple canon sources
it is indeed very very clear that both sides are confirming without a doubt “yeah, shovel knight can keep up with Kratos”

Worst case scenario, it's an outlier, but it's still canon to the storyline.

Either way, SK Kratos goes. Poof. Bye-Bye. He either gets an SK key where he is essentially his Norse self or he gets merged with his Norse key with a pretty-looking SK artwork render in the tabbers.
Even if it is an outlier, could we still give SK the resistances for kratos' hax?

I mean, the post KLOL506 makes completely shatters the timeline issues. So, this jus comes down to whether or not this is an outlier.
I don't see how this contradicts Option D ngl.

I am against the SK bosses scaling from this, only SK can and only in that specific key.

Even if it is an outlier, could we still give SK the resistances for kratos' hax?
I mean, what hax does he have access to that he uses on Shovel Knight? Other than Fire, Holy and Chaos Manipulation from the Blades I suppose.

Never played god of war…are there any universal energy systems that I should know about? If there’s absolutely any ability that comes from just being in the god of war verse that would be sick

Never played god of war…are there any universal energy systems that I should know about? If there’s absolutely any ability that comes from just being in the god of war verse that would be sick
Magic is a universal energy system that all beings rely on for their statistics and abilities but there's no innate powers associated with it by default. Certain Magic types (Bifrost, Seidr, Energy of Tartarus, Light of Alfheim etc.) have automatic powers but not the standard magic.

Also, if this passes, Shovel Knight will stomp the Tournament of Power and that is hilarious
Shovel Knight on his way to solo FNaF, Bendy and the Ink Machine/Dark Revival, Hello Neighbor, and like, every other popular indie game that came around at that time.

Except maybe Hollow Knight, passives are a bitch.

See? The key thing also helps who doesn't know GoW but just SK. So the SK supporters can just focus on the Shovel Knight only key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back