• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shovel Knight 2-C

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not what an outlier is.

SK as a verse is consistently Tier 8 to Tier 7, with no lore that suggests anything beyond that scale. The collapse of the Tower of Fate threatened to kill SK iirc. See the problem when we then suggest he was actually tier 2?
Falling rubble doesn’t have any shot at killing an 8-C dude to begin with, so that’s not a valid angle. People tend to forget how many hundreds of times more durable an 8-C is than a 9-C
Also consistent feats removing outliers should be treated the same as consistent statements removing outliers. Denying every single statement like this is unreasonable.

I mean the collapse of the tower is also an anti-feat to 8-C so yeah. Could also just argue it to be an LS thing since SK and Kratos never once clash in an LS bout.
Wouldn't he need at least decent to not be reduced into paste with a single thing and also to hurt him somewhat?
That's not what an outlier is.

SK as a verse is consistently Tier 8 to Tier 7, with no lore that suggests anything beyond that scale. The collapse of the Tower of Fate threatened to kill SK iirc. See the problem when we then suggest he was actually tier 2?
Reminds me of when spiderman beat Firelord but worse.

The AP of tower of fate’s collapse is 100% just the result of supernatural building goes boom and unleashes all the dark energy or whatever, it certainly makes far more sense than it being an anti feat in any capacity

Can Option D solve this, with the "GoW key" being the only thing involving the inclusion of GoW stuff and the rest still being within SK-only stuff?
Can you explain the canonicity of that? Is it like a one off thing only for the gow profiles while SK verse remains as it is?

I mean the collapse of the tower is also an anti-feat to 8-C so yeah. Could also just argue it to be an LS thing since SK and Kratos never once clash in an LS bout.
Difference being, tier 8/7 actually have feats and consistency, unlike tier 2 where is just one fight.

Can you explain the canonicity of that? Is it like a one off thing only for the gow profiles while SK verse remains as it is?
As I've explained, Buzz Lightyear and Woody have two keys based on the exact same thing for Kingdom Hearts 3, so we can do so for Shovel Knight too.

The AP of tower of fate’s collapse is 100% just the result of supernatural building goes boom and unleashes all the dark energy or whatever, it certainly makes far more sense than it being an anti feat in any capacity
This is not correct. The dark magic releasing was the enchantress' body without Shield Knight. After they defeat her finally to stop her spread, then they mentioned they needed to escape the tower.

Can Option D solve this, with the "GoW key" being the only thing involving the inclusion of GoW stuff and the rest still being within SK-only stuff?
I don't support a GoW key, ngl. I could see SK getting a "possibly" on the UES tho.

As I've explained, Buzz Lightyear and Woody have two keys based on the exact same thing for Kingdom Hearts 3, so we can do so for Shovel Knight too.
I mean yeah that would work. I do prefer it to scaling everything from SK to Kratos. Maybe a note to the profile implying main version did fight kratos.

technically speaking, Kratos being matched by shovel knight is only one feat, the statement that shovel knight is good enough to fight kratos is just added consistency, and we could really treat it as 2 separate things, one being a scaling feat and the other being an author statement, so it makes it more consistent.

technically speaking, Kratos being matched by shovel knight is only one feat, the statement that shovel knight is good enough to fight kratos is just added consistency, and we could really treat it as 2 separate things, one being a scaling feat and the other being an author statement, so it makes it more consistent.
That's literally stretching a single instance to force consistency, come on now.

This is not correct. The dark magic releasing was the enchantress' body without Shield Knight. After they defeat her finally to stop her spread, then they mentioned they needed to escape the tower.
Incorrect, the last scene ended with remnant of fate dying and releasing a bunch ****** laser beams, causing the tower to collapse
But since the anti feat is contradicted by him being 8-C, it is completely impossible to use it as an anti feat to begin with. This is a very extreme case of cherry picking and you should not continue to bring it up.

That's literally stretching a single instance to force consistency, come on now.
Outliers exist in the first place because something comic writers have brief moments of having a peak human martial artist punching down titanium walls and forget their scaling. It’s just that, simple mistakes.
If multiple canon sources repeatedly say that it was not a mistake, then you have absolutely no legs to stand on. It cannot be an outlier if it is 100% confirmed to be true, otherwise you are quite literally just asserting that you are correct about the scaling while the devs of both shovel knight and god of war are completely wrong on multiple occasions, just because of some imaginary anti feats that don’t even work with the current profile. On a conceptual level, outlier can absolutely not apply here.

Outliers exist in the first place because something comic writers have brief moments of having a peak human martial artist punching down titanium walls and forget their scaling. It’s just that, simple mistakes.
If multiple canon sources repeatedly say that it was not a mistake, then you have absolutely no legs to stand on. It cannot be an outlier if it is 100% confirmed to be true, otherwise you are quite literally just asserting that you are correct about the scaling while the devs of both shovel knight and god of war are completely wrong on multiple occasions, just because of some imaginary anti feats that don’t even work with the current profile. On a conceptual level, outlier can absolutely not apply here.
No, wtf

Outlier is a statistical concept.

No, wtf

Outlier is a statistical concept.
Outliers in fiction are correlated with statistics, but the only reason they’re considered unusable is due to it being an error or brief lapses in judgement by an author which clearly doesn’t represent their intent. And the outlier page even notes that it should only be used in extreme cases to begin with, so a single debunked anti feat wouldn’t cut it even if we only had one statement.

By this logic not just GoW, but every single verse on this site would get nuked to kingdom come. 9-C Supes, Athletic Human "lightning timers", so on and so forth.
No, because they have lore statements that suggest a higher scale. Unlike SK. (Also, Atlas literally is holding, at the absolute least, a world, come on now KLOL)

Like, the point of the tower is to show they don't have anything beyond these scales, people. The tower collapse could easily be around tier 8. The entire thing is described as an spectacle that could be seen for miles in Plagues of Shadows.

No, because they have lore statements that suggest a higher scale. Unlike SK. (Also, Atlas literally is holding, at the absolute least, a world, come on now KLOL)
You have no ******* idea the length people will go to downplay that shit. Just ask that stupid-ass imgur scan album. Or the Spanish blogs that pass their day around calling me vermin because I don't agree with how they interpret the feats.

You have no ******* idea the length people will go to downplay that shit. Just ask that stupid-ass imgur scan album. Or the Spanish blogs that pass their day around calling me vermin because I don't agree with how they interpret the feats.
This is just me operating within my mental limits BTW. If any of the other experts, like say, Aetheric_Pariah or Planck were to confront them, they would tear them to shreds, and that's saying something.

I absolutely do, I deal with it everyday with Star Wars and other verses I support outside the site.

But to then apply that logic to mine, when I'm trying to argue scale to show why these tiers are outliers compared to what the verse actually operates.

You are acting as if Reaper’s OP isn’t founded on the very fact that there are too many statements to ignore
My guy... I'm not arguing against canonicity. It's 100% canon, I literally even said I knew about it already before this thread.

The point I'm arguing against is scaling to tier 2. You can try to stretch and bend the facts as much as you like, SK as a verse doesn't operate anything beyond tiers 8/7, with their consistent feats being tier 8/7. Thus, an enormous statistical anomaly like suddenly jumping to tier 2 is a text book example of an outlier.

I will only accept 2C Shovel Knight, if PSASBR is deemed canon, which gives us 2C Sweet Tooth, Sir Dan, and God Emperor Parappa.

Being serious though, this seems like the epitome of an outlier. There's no explanation for the increase in power, besides one shaky line from Kratos I think? I disagree right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back