• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shovel Knight 2-C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Putting it as a seperate key does mean we'll be treating it as basically a different continuity tho
I mean, it's the best compromise as it chooses whenever to incorporate GoW or not for both sides.

Toy Story does the same to avoid to get feats from a crossover which aren't even consistent with what's shown.

The Blades thing starts at around 33m 10s where he addresses that fans would ask about what's up with the Blades in Shovel Knight despite having lost them, and it's where Cory elaborates that he wasn't supposed to have them but they chose to do it anyway, because its purpose was to deliberately show Kratos traveling to another myth without spoiling it was gonna be Norse.

There is no way that SK was a prequel to GoW 2018 all along lol

I mean, what hax does he have access to that he uses on Shovel Knight? Other than Fire, Holy and Chaos Manipulation from the Blades I suppose.
The conceptual, vector etc stuff that souls in GoW are made off. Plus every soul in SK would also be made of the same stuff

Also, was Kratos putting effort into the fight? Important cause its wholly possible for him to pull his punches.

I'm just saying, doing so would be like saying Shovel Knight just got a random powerboost to 2-C but it only lasted for 1 fight and then he went back to fighting against 8-Cs, when nothing implies so
Again, treating canon like this is wack. Feel free to apply the KH stuff to every Toy Story profile because the rules we apply on things like this are very strict.

They're not even made from the same author, the key thing is the only way to get a decent compromise.

Also some minor Spider-verse spoilers but this is basically like if we added another key to Miles for using the cameos that are confirmed to be the actual other versions of Spiderman and making him 8-A and High Hypersonic only in that key, when like 5 minutes later, the normal cast (Who are 9-A and Supersonic) is seen fighting on par with Miles and are regarded as a bigger threat than Ultimate Spiderman

I am actually struggling to understand the issue here
It is explicitly stated to be canon by both yacht club and god of war devs, more than once
it is explicitly stated that the weapons inconsistency is just game mechanics as well
and most importantly, it is blatantly stated that Kratos was not nerfed and that shovel knight “is just that good”
It’s pretty clear cut. It’s stated enough times to not be an outlier, it’s canon, and he scales.

Also, was Kratos putting effort into the fight? Important cause its wholly possible for him to pull his punches.
Nothing implies he was beyond him viewing SK as a gardener to start with, but at the end he DOES compliment SK's skills and even gives him the "Ghost of Shovels" title so that'd imply Kratos started putting effort in at the very least later into the fight

Again, treating canon like this is wack. Feel free to apply the KH stuff to every Toy Story profile because the rules we apply on things like this are very strict.

They're not even made from the same author, the key thing is the only way to get a decent compromise.
This is like saying Garfield spider man should get a new key for mcu that doesn’t scale to his original self. That’s not really how it works.

This is like saying Garfield spider man should get a new key for mcu that doesn’t scale to his original self. That’s not really how it works.
Issue it's that they're literally a parallel versions of the same character, not even a good example.

This case is a different verse with a vastly different lore lmfao.

Issue it's that they're literally a parallel versions of the same character, not even a good example.
I was referring to no way home but whatever

Anyways on the matter of is shovel knight scales or not
IMG_0932.png

I’m guessing the fury of hades is pretty strong

I already knew about this, funny enough. But I'd disagree on making SK anything beyond tier 7 out of purely the fact the verse doesn't have anything beyond it feats wise. Outlier and moving on.

pretty much

I'm full on Option A.
Yeah option A seems the most logical. There is canonicity for sure, but scaling shovel knight to Kratos seems so bad it ain't even good as a joke and totally sets a bad precedent for other stuff.

It’s pretty clear cut. It’s stated enough times to not be an outlier, it’s canon, and he scales.
That's not what an outlier is.

SK as a verse is consistently Tier 8 to Tier 7, with no lore that suggests anything beyond that scale. The collapse of the Tower of Fate threatened to kill SK iirc. See the problem when we then suggest he was actually tier 2?

SK as a verse is consistently Tier 8 to Tier 7, with no lore that suggests anything beyond that scale. The collapse of the Tower of Fate threatened to kill SK iirc. See the problem when we then suggest he was actually tier 2?
I mean the collapse of the tower is also an anti-feat to 8-C so yeah. Could also just argue it to be an LS thing since SK and Kratos never once clash in an LS bout.

Yeah option A seems the most logical. There is canonicity for sure, but scaling shovel knight to Kratos seems so bad it ain't even good as a joke and totally sets a bad precedent for other stuff.

Can Option D solve this, with the "GoW key" being the only thing involving the inclusion of GoW stuff and the rest still being within SK-only stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back