• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shoutmon and SMT Dante speeds

Reppuzan

VS Battles
Retired
I was looking over some profiles when I noticed something funky about their speed ratings.

They're rated as Massively FTL+ or plain Massively FTL respectively. However, this makes little sense in the scope of things.

Shoutmon X7 Superior Mode one-shotted DarknessBagramon, who stated that he had enough power to challenge God now. Granted, he's gone against God before and lost, so he knows exactly what he's talking about, and there's no way a Massively FTL character could keep up with an Immeasurable character. Thus my proposal to bump up Shoutmon X7 Superior Mode to Immeasurable for defeating DarknessBagramon.

Then there's the topic of SMT Dante. Now, I barely know about the series, but I heard that Dante was able to nearly blitzkill Half-Demon Hitoshura/Demi-Fiend, who is Immeasurable even in his plain Half-Demon form, which would quite blatantly be absurd if he is merely Massively FTL. Thus my proposal to bump him up to Immeasurable as well.

Thoughts?

Well, the "God" character that you linked to is supposedly omnipresent, not immeasurable.

Also, I think that there are probably plenty of characters listed as having immeasurable speed that do not technically qualify.

However, I suppose that SMT Dante should scale to the Demi-Fiend.

Antvasima said:
Well, the "God" character that you linked to is supposedly omnipresent, not immeasurable.
Also, I think that there are probably plenty of characters listed as having immeasurable soeed that do not technically qualify.

However, I suppose that SMT Dante should scale to the Demi-Fiend.

Well, a lot of characters who managed to fight off Omnipresnt beings are labled as Immeaursable [[[Flynn (Shin Megami Tensei)|Flynn]], Raidou, Demi-Fiend, Aleph, etc], which is what I think Reppu is getting at. Not sure how valid that is, though.

Their physical manifestations are not necessarily immeasurable though.

According to DarkLK: "The speed statistic should be listed as "Immeasurable" only if a character is completely transcendental to the distance, time, and causality of a normal universal continuum."

SMT Dante scales to the Three Wise Men/Archangel speed in Strange Journey where they crossed the universe within minutes and can keep up with a near endgame Demifiend (but not True Demon end of game Demifiend). SMT Dante is likely weaker than beelzebub and Metatron.

wait iirc Dante was at the last floor after beelzebub and metaron before going to Lucifer if so then Dante(SMT) can be scaled to Metaron and Beelzebub

i forgot a lot about SMT 3 nocture tbh someone who has better knowledge can probaby explain better :/

Welp, the Shoutmon thing was a screw up on my part. Thought I knew the pages better than I did.

However, due to their short appearances we don't have any other feats for them, so where should we leave their speed at?

Likely Unknown for Shoutmon, and Immeasurable for Dante until when and if we do a SMT speed level revision.

Okay. I have changed the speed ratings until we get more input.

Back