• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shouldn't Thanos be a much higher Tier than 4-B?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is in the same Tier as Thor and Silver Surfer, despite absolutely curbstomping both characters. He should at least be universal, as he is shown to be able to hold his own against Odin for a while.

This is the range for 4-B on this site: 2.277x10^45 to 2.008x10^57 joules or 22.77 Foe to 20.08 TeraFoe. That is a gap of over 880 billion. Thanos can one shot them with his pinky and still only be 4-B due to how large the tier is.

For Odin, not only is his scaling consistently awkward it borderlines on contradictory a lot, so it's best to not use him as a basis. Even then I'm pretty sure he casually overpowered Thanos' shield and brought him to his knees.

Maybe not universal, but at least high 4-A. 3-C is also possible.

As for Odin... it's hard to scale from him. He is pretty inconsistent.

Thor and SS' feats are, to my memory, in the low kilofoe to high foe range. A kilofoe is nowhere near the upper border of the tier, which is why he and a lot of other "team buster" characters are 4-B rather than 4-A.

Why is this thread even being entertained? It is baseless with no validation for its proposals other than a poor understanding of the system. Best to close it.

I don't like closing a thread without properly explaining why a character isn't rated a certain way. If the OP is going to do other stuff on the site, it's best to handle confusion regarding the system now when they're not used to it rather than down the line when they may be more entrenched in their thinking.

If I just closed it with a "That's not how it works", nothing would really be accomplished besides upsetting the OP.

With all due respect Qaw, I think you've explained your points well enough, and keeping this thread open is just inviting derailment.

You shouldn't "That's not how it works", but if you have explained your points well and the argument legitimately holds no ground, it's better to close it.

Guess the OP can just message me if he has any other questions or concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back