• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Should we separate Raymans per game?

Dark-Carioca

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Image Helper
In Rayman 2 and 3 he's shown to be weaker than he is the newer games, not even capable of destroying a barrel with one shot. It takes three kicks in early Rayman 3 or a charged up punch to do it. Globox is also weaker, though he's at least able to bust through a door pretty easily.

Should we put different brackets or add different profiles for separate Raymans, or instead of "Varies from Country level to Solar System" have a "At least Wall level" before that?

It's heavily implied that Rayman 1-3 are canon to each other at least (in the game manuals and somein-game stuff). Rayman is such an inconsistent series in general that I don't see too much problem with a composite.

idk about wall level attack. Rayman's durability should be higher in Rayman 2-3 since he survived the Grolgoth explosion and the explosion of the Hoodlum base. Additionally I think Rayman's small country stats come from fighting Mr. Dark, if I'm not mistaken.

We could possibly separate Rayman into a few categories based on series, if other people agree:

Composite

Original Trilogy

Raving Rabbids

Origins/Legends

(idk how to handle the spin-off and mobile game titles, tv show, etc. if we split the series like this)

I'm just saying AT LEAST Wall level since he can't destroy barrels with a single non-charged punch, it's the bare acceptable minimum imo.

I think for high end feats for those explosions we'd need to have someone calc them, though I feel like those would be very hard to make calcs of.

Dark-Carioca said:
I'm just saying AT LEAST Wall level since he can't destroy barrels with a single non-charged punch, it's the bare acceptable minimum imo.
I think for high end feats for those explosions we'd need to have someone calc them, though I feel like those would be very hard to make calcs of.
Well, I see no harm in adding at least Wall level, as long as we don't remove the other stuff.

In terms of different profiles, it might be more useful to do Rayman with and without optional equipment (power-ups, combat fatigues, plunger gun, etc.)

Back