• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shirou Emiya vs. Erza Scarlet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burning_Full_Fingers

VS Battles
Retired
Well, it seems like Erza keeps getting murked against these Fate characters, so let's put her up against a beginner. The fight takes place in Shirou's marble. I don't know if Shirou can retreat into Avalon, but if so let me know if I should restrict that.

Shirou: 8

Erza: 1

Standard Battle Assumptions

This is Unlimited Blade Works Shirou and Post Second Origin Erza. No 7-A weapons for Shirou. Speed is equalized. Who wins?

Anyway, range is irrelevant considering the battle style of the two and since this is a close combat and he can't copy magical attacks Erza wins cause of durabilty negation

Okay, you mean he can't copy ranged attacks but can copy the weapons? Also, can't he copy Erza's durability negating weapon?

She can bypass stuff like barriers with Wingblade Armor, but I saw somewhere that Rho Aias is a conceptual field or something like that, so I'm not sure. As for blade spam, she can summon weapons as well, but she seemed to have trouble creating hundreds (can't remember the exact amount) before the timeskip, and this dude was matching or exceeding Gilgamesh's GoB so I don't know if she can match Shirou's.

She can summon blades as well so that is np and anyway they are going into close combat for sure. Plus Erza has magical attacks with aoe to defend from blades if necessary.

Burning Full Fingers said:
Okay, you mean he can't copy ranged attacks but can copy the weapons? Also, can't he copy Erza's durability negating weapon?
He can't copy magic and durabilty negation is a magical attack.

I don't see it in his profile not to mention that he could never use Nakagmi armor anyway considering his biggest weakness is Low magical power and for Nakagami armor you need a huge amount and in general the magical attacks if he tried to use them, would just drain him out.

Thou for knowing can he use all the abilities of the armor you should ask Scarlet I am not sure honestly.

Rho Aias has a conceptual advantage against all projectiles and could withstand a Excaliblast from Saber Alter with only 4 petals and UBW Shirous Rho Aias has 7 petals. Can Erza deal with UBW faster output with his blade spam that contains weapons copied from GoB?. If Shirou copies one of Erzas weapons he gains her skill with said weapon, not sure if he can use their abilities but he did copy Berserkers sword and nine lives which is a technique in heavens feel and he also makes a Excalibur replica in Heavens feel and it lets him use the beam although It could be because of Archers arm but in the end they are the same person. Would Erza in character resort to Nakagami armour first? What armour lets her do durability negating attacks? Does she use that armour early in fights?

But its not like Erza needs durability negation anyway, I mean Shirou is basically a Glass Canon. Erza will have a difficult time getting close against his budget GoB that fires much faster because he doesn't need to summon them, he can use omnidirectional attacks as well and Rho Aias should be able to tank most of her attacks. If Erza doesn't start with her strongest Armours she will get overwhelmed by Budget GoB city level weapon spam.

Of course she can keep up with that she as well has the abilty to use blades like that in lesser quantity but the important is to block the blades tha are supposed to hit her since some of the blades miss anyway then there is also Erza's vast skill with swords since she was able to block hundreds of small magical needles using sword not only with her hands but feet as well. Thou the thing that makes the huge diffrence here is stamina and magical power Shirou's abilty to copy weapons comes with the cost of losing magical power everytime he does now combine that with magic he loses for maintaning unlimited blade works and the fact Erza has greater stamina and massive advantage in magical energy he would have to finish her off really fast which he can't with simply spamming swords on her (if this was Gilgamesh things would be diffrent).

Erza's use of armor depends a lot on her enemie if she can use a perfect weapon to gain advantage against an oppontes she is to use it first or second if her opponent doesn't have speical weakness then she spams continuously diffrent armors.

Just to put this battle for a general point of view:

Skill: Erza is much more skilled then Shirou.

Experience: Erza is far more experienced than Shirou who's weakness also comes from the fact he is inexperienced.

Stamina: Erza's stamina is greater.

Magical power: Erza has a big advantage here as well against Shirou who has a limited magical power and can't afford himself to use unlimited blade works for extended period and also coping armor takes away even more magical energy from he and with the ampunt of weapons and armors Erza has he would be at huge disadvantage if he tried to copy all of them and his limited magical energy wouldn't even allow him to use the Nakagami armor as for the use of it even Erza needed the second origin.

Close combat: Erza is more experienced and has the possibilty of using Nakagmi armor and with it ignoring durabilty which Shirou can't copy considering his limited magical power that again would be even lower as Erza wouldn't use Nakagami armor for beggininng.

Range: Shirou has the upper hand cause he can spam more weapons then Erza can, but Erza can still keep up with him allowing her to ge closer plus with magical attacks she has aoe that would allow her to block his swords as well.

To put it simple Shirou only has range advantage that Erza can deal with without too much effort and she outclasses him in everything else.

The only way for Shirou to win would be spamming long enough his attacks hoping he could beat Erza like that, but is a pretty ridiculous option considering Erza's skill and fact she can just keep blocking his weapons waiting for him to waste his magical power and then stomp him in close combat or even just use range attacks as well getting close enough to able to use magical range attack as well and in the end defeat him in close combat.

Erza outclass Shirou in basically everything and for the only thing he has, she has diffrent ways do deal with so this is at max mid-difficulty for Erza.

Ramesses the Sun King said:
But its not like Erza needs durability negation anyway, I mean Shirou is basically a Glass Canon. Erza will have a difficult time getting close against his budget GoB that fires much faster because he doesn't need to summon them, he can use omnidirectional attacks as well and Rho Aias should be able to tank most of her attacks. If Erza doesn't start with her strongest Armours she will get overwhelmed by Budget GoB city level weapon spam.
Erza is probably using only her strongest armors in a battle like this... And I already explained that little spam adavanatge is not even close enough to beat Erza who outclasses him in everything.

Pretty sure Shirou takes this 6/10 times, because assuming she uses her strongest armours she should be able to rush him down and kill him in Close Combat, unless Shirou did a shitty excalibur replica and excaliblasts her which he never does because it takes to much time.

However if she tries to fight at long range she loses because it doesn't matter how skilled she is, she ain't blocking thousands of city level weapon copied from GoB that swarm you from all directions with a massive range advantage in UBW. Especially with speed equalized. Unless she spams AOE attacks that can block his omnidirectional spam and keep up with UBW swordspam output which I highly doubt especially since his output was faster than Gilgamesh's GoB. Combined with Shirous underdeveloped minds eye he would be able to analyze the situation and decide not to engage in CQC and instead keep up his UBW bladespam.

If Erza was bloodlusted she takes this 9/10 because she goes into her strongest armour and rushes him down.

Erza doesn't have to be bloodlusted to rush him down since her battle style is close combat and there is no way Shirou would resist long enough to take down Erza because it's not like he is the only one who can attack from range. Not to mention you are assuming Erza would let him run hundred meters away from her so he could spam his attacks or that he wouldn't try to get into close combat with Erza since he did that with almost everyone of his oppontes considering he has a limited time for unlimited blade works considering his magical energy.

Now if you wanna vote for Shirou cause he can spam more then Erza and because you are also assuming Erza can't rush him down,feel free to do it.

His eye isnt instant he must first fight the opponent to realise whether to fight directly or with range and his first choice is pretty much always close combat after which even he decides to try range attack he wouldn't be able to run away hundred meters from Erza.

Standard battle assumptions so they start a their maximum range of several hundred meters and since Shirou spams faster and more which means he has the advantage. Erzas long range attacks doesn't matter in this fight because of Rho Aias. And from what you said Erza wouldn't use her strongest armour since she wouldn't know Shirous weakness you she would cycle through her armours until she found something suitable. Shirou fights Gilgamesh in CQC because Gil isn't exactly the ultimate swordsman and Shirou traced and copied Archers fighting style. Shirou fights everyone else in melee because he doesn't have any other way to fight when he isn't in UBW or projecting projectiles outside of UBW.

If she gets close Shirou dies if not Shirou bladespams her to death. And since Erza always tries to rush into CQC she probably takes this assuming she is in her strongest armour otherwise she dies trying to get there. Switching vote to Erza pretty sure she takes this 6/10 times because she would most likely go into her strongest armour when she has trouble with the blade spam and then rush him down. Man if only Shirou could do broken phantasm spam.

Look don't feel costrected to change your vote cause I keep repating on Erza's advantage here.

And you keep saying if Erza uses strongest armor, but you do realise that 7-B Erza is her strongest armors.

Wait isn't it 7-A or did I fail at reading?

EDIT:Oh its 7-B then Shirou takes this High Difficulty with his range and faster firing rate with City level attacks.

No,Burning said he can't use 7-A weapons but only 7-B since this is post second origin Erza which is 7-B max.

Wait isn't it 7-A or did I fail at reading?

EDIT:Oh its 7-B then Shirou takes this High Difficulty with his range and faster firing rate with City level attacks.
What the diffrence from 7-A battle?

I thought Erzas strongest armours where 7-A since I skimmed through her page.
First you say Erza wins if she uses her strongest armor and now that you know she is using only her strongest armor she loses?

I think he thought Erza was 7-A with her strongest armors which means she would one-shot Shirou anytime she uses it.

Yes I was under the assumption that Erza would be 7-A in her strongest armour and auto win if she went into it and rushed at Shirou, and that Shirou could only win if Erza was in her 7-C armour. If she is 7-B she won't be surviving UBW bladespam.

Lol he is barely gonna hit Erza with all the possibilities she has to block his attack and attack him as well, but oh well.

You are pretty confusing bro.

Yes I was under the assumption that Erza would be 7-A in her strongest armour and auto win if she went into it and rushed at Shirou, and that Shirou could only win if Erza was in her 7-C armour. If she is 7-B she won't be surviving UBW bladespam.
His spam is 7-B as well if that is what you meant. His 7-A spam isn't allowed.

I'm blaming the misunderstanding on the all nighter I did.

Anyway how will she block his attack that comes from every direction that are all higher end city level?

She blocked hundreds and hundreds of small needles while using swords with hand and feets. Second she has range attack as well so he must block them as well or she can use those swords to block his plus Erza can creates swords above him and make them rush down on him like with midnight.

Shirou also has limited time for his unlimited blade work and he doesn't use it instantly in battles for that reason so defeating Erza who is the greatest tanker of FT verse makes it even harder like in general if he gets close to Erza and considering his battle style he will he is done for or Erza gets close to him cause hitting a moving target is harder as well. Like you can assume Erza doesn't get close to him, but I see that as really hard to happen mostly for the battle styles and second cause Erza has much greater sword skill than what he usually deals with(obvious exceptions) and he wouldn't know that which makes him rush into a close combat as much more obvious option.

Shirou isn't Gilgamesh who literally only spams, Shirou tries to fight his opponents in close combat and I don't remember him once simply standing and using unlimited blade works to win and he ain't doing it in this battle ethier.

I mean he even rushed Archer into a close combat.

Shirou only fight CQC if that's his only option, when he fought Gil he was spamming UBW as well while entering CQC because that was the only way he could win because all UBW blade spam did was shutting down GoB. He rushed Archer into close combat because he didn't have any other way to fight him. Rho Aias blocks Erzas long range attacks as discussed earlier. Yes Shirou has limited time for UBW but you are acting as if he is limited to like 10 sec of UBW.

Last thing so we let the spam go away and leave others space to vote.

He rushed everyone in close combat and this battle is in character so I honestly don't see him doing it differently now cause he has no idea about Erza's abilities and the only way to find out is engaging her into close combat and using his eye to figure out what to do.

Erza is ridiculous tanker, now if most of Shirou hits succeed then I could say yes he wins but since most of his attacks won't hit against someone who has many ways to counter and block his attacks I don't see him taking her down before she gets close enough (assuming that for some random reason he decideds to fight in long range for first time) or the fact that since we are assuming things Erza can as well just dodge pulling back letting his stamina go down and then finish him off. And you are also talking as if Erza is gonna fall after couple of minutes, the same person that fought hundred powerful monsters at the same time for an entire episode and in the end said " I thought that would be harder". Even thou she had wounds all over her body.

Since I'm assuming that attack speed is equalized I don't see Erza dodging or blocking every single blade spam attack from multiple directions. If Shirou sword spams while entering CQC I still think he barely wins if he brings out legendary swords at which point I would argue that Shirou actually has the advantage in skill in CQC because the weapon he copies also makes him copy its history and reproduces the original wielders skill and since he copied thousands of weapons from GoB he would be the equivalent of multiple legendary heroes in skill.

Close combat equals also Nakagami armor and durabilty negation which is one hit only and Erza won. Now the speed is equalised and of course some things will hit her but the point is Erza has huge stamina and she can take more hits than anyone in Shirou's verse(not counting Regenerationn). And his skill depends on the weapon he is wielding in that moment only so no multiple legendary heros.

But oh well, opinions! No point in discussing those.

" she can take more hits than anyone in Shirou's verse"

Heracles, Spartacus Dracula Vlad and many more disagrees. But I get what you mean she has way better stamina and can take multiple hits. So I still give it to Shirou in a extremely close fight due to legendary heroes skill and his higher end city level sword spam from multiple directions.

They can take more only if they regenerate while Erza kept up fighting even with her bones broken all over her body and in case without 5 senses where breathing caused tremendous pain.

In close combat he can take whatever legendary he wants but the moment Erza uses Nakagami starlight it's over.

Well Cu and Achilles can fight even when their hearts are pierced while receiving fatal wounds same with Heracles which I think is much more impressive than simply having broken bones and lack of five senses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back