• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
RebubleUselet said:
Just to clarify once and for all. Dante doesn't get any Demon stuff, does he?
That's yet to be determined, but it's a safe bet that he won't. Not sure about characters such as Demi-Fiend, Nanashi, etc.

Ah, okay.

I'm actually not sure. If it applies to the protags, it may apply to him as well.

As an aside, are we all in agreement with the idea of protags having hax resistance?

Yeah, a lot of characters don't have resistance/immunity against certain attacks listed that they should have. Demi-Fiend's a more prominent example of this, since he should have resistance/immunity to several different kinds of attacks (Physical attacks, most elements, etc.).

As a reminder, which demons are being considered for High 2-A? Or would it be better to discuss that as part of a different thread entirely?

I wish Shin Megami Tensei NINE was translated. You apparently fight Yaldabaoth in a place that is literally called "High-Dimensional Space"

Ultima Reality said:
I wish Shin Megami Tensei NINE was translated. You apparently fight Yaldabaoth in a place that is literally called "High-Dimensional Space"
And Nine Endings/a lot of Choises..., also SMT:Imagine, some Demons are broken

Did a bit of digging, and the in-game text states that Maria sends the player to Õñ®þòî (tenkai) - Heaven, essentially. It doesn't say anything about High-Dimensional Space (though, the way Heaven's presented does make it seem that way).

Huh... I do recall seeing a walkthrough in text which mentioned a location called "High-Dimensional Space"

oh well at least it helps keeping YHVH and Brahman at 2-A, where they should be

Brahman I would say is very likely candidate for High 2-A, along with Seraph. DDS2's ending mentions that Seraph would bear witness to countless different realities. That said, the game is also vague as to what it means by 'realities'. I'm gonna take a look at the JP ending to try and get a better idea.

Update: The JP version states that Seraph and Schrodinger will bear witness to many 'worlds' - in other words, it's just as vague as in English. They could mean 'worlds' as in the countless universes we see in Amala, but I can't be too sure.

I think "Worlds" in this context simply referred to the universes contained within Brahman's multiverse

But in this case, context matters (sorry for the minor redundancy). Since Schrodinger used the term "world" to refer to the entirety of Brahman's creation after you defeated Satan's Solar Data

Shin Megami Tensei already has multiple Multiverses. Devil Survivor 2 and Digital Devil Saga clearly take place in ones that are separate from the one YHVH governs

Ultima Reality said:
Shin Megami Tensei already has multiple Multiverses. Devil Survivor 2 and Digital Devil Saga clearly take place in ones that are separate from the one YHVH governs
SMT if and persona too.

Yes, but when Shrodinger states that Seraph is going to witness many different 'worlds', would that imply Seraph is going to witness the events of multiple multiverses? Since he also uses the term 'world' to describe Brahman's multiverse.

Seeing through the scene again. It might be a possibility, although I am still uncertain

EDIT: Another piece of evidence to support SMT having multiple Multiverses is the fact that the Goddess of Tokyo travels to another "Universe", outside of Nanashi's new creation to rise a new Messiah

Screenshot 474
Screenshot 476
Yep. In both cases, the term õ©ûþòî is used. It also states that Brahman and YHVH reign over different 'worlds'. So when Schrodinger states that Seraph is going to bear witness to countless different realities/worlds, it's possible Seraph is able to traverse - or even exist simultaneously - across different multiverses.
Screenshot 475

Traversing across multiverses isn't something that foreign to SMT, just look at Beelzebub in DeSu 2 or The Goddess of Tokyo and Stephen in IV: Apocalypse

This could be a good supporting feat. ...or Omnipresence

Anyone correct if I am wrong because I am sure I must me misremembering something, but...

Is there anything in Apocalypse that says YHVH has a "True Form"? Like... at all?

I am not trying to retroactively scale SMT IV YHVH to the one Aleph fought, just wanting some clarification. ;-;

I initially suggested that Ishtar could be 2-A due to the fact that Asherah and Mother Harlot are aspects of her, as she is their progenitor and the deity who gave origin to both of them. But I realized it would cause a mess in the scalling if we go by Redux's statement that Forneus is far above Ishtar in power (Forneus > Ishtar > Asherah > Asura = Michael > The Three Cardinal Archangels > Forneus)

Although. Would Ouroboros become Low 2-C with the new standards for Tier 2? I personally think she can remain at 2-A, due to being the very concept of Infinity in relation to higher-dimensional universe-creating Demons, as opposed to just being said to be "infinitely stronger" than them, though I would like more input in this matter

Some new demon profiles would be nice too. I think the only Fiend we have so far is Matador (not counting Demi-Fiend or Dante).

Edit: As an aside, something happened with my old account, so I had to make a new one. Sorry for any potential confusion.

I mean, like I said. She is the literal concept of Infinity, not someone who is stated to be infinitely stronger than them

Although I wouldn't mind her being Low 2-C (>:3) so I am just playing the Devil's Advocate here

A bit out of topic, but Persona 2´s Nyarlotep is wrongly scaled to the main protagonist of Persona 2, alongisde missing his Adolf Hitler form, would any of you be kind enough to unlock said profile so i could fix this asap?

Thanks.

Persona 2 is going to undergo revisions along with all of SMT. So the profiles will be updated soon

Back