• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I mean, YHVH has always been portrayed as being divine even when compared to Multiversal+ beings

The main thing that supports Him being High 2-A for now is his status as the... established main threat of the entire franchise

Ultima Reality said:
I mean, YHVH has always been portrayed as being divine even when compared to Multiversal+ beings

The main thing that supports Him being High 2-A for now is his status as the... established main threat of the entire franchise
That does help him since by being the main threat of the entire franshise, he should logically be at the very least very close to beings such as canopus. Tho there should be some ingame statements, feats or something to help better support it.

Imma go and look at a playthrough of the game. Or play it my self to see if theres anything.

All according to Dragon's pla

Anyway, I agree that he should reach high 2-A.

Hey Ultima, what about the power null/resistances thing we were discussing in the Kagu vs UKG thread?

I think Power Nullification is still a possibility, since there numerous examples of Powers from lesser beings failling to work on stronger ones, despite the fact that... Their powers should be supposed to work on stronger people, as seen with the Buff / Debuff spells

So Power Null should likely be added. Along with YHVH and those who scales, upgrade to High 2-A.

What about those weak demons, who have the ability to Nullify, absorb or re-direct / return to the instantante what they attack (either an ability of them, natural passive, etc)? be something physical, elementary, etc? Some of these, would be considered NLF if a very superior being damage them specifically with this?

Also, Weak Demons would have some Pages here?

Just to be sure, a "likely high 2-A" is more reliable than a solid high 2-A. Tho if theres anything that outright, without a doubt, supports his high 2-A rating, then a solid rating it is.

Tho is not for me to decide ƒÿ×

@Ultima if there are clear proofs that it is indeed power null then I agree with it. About those spells, are they used only in gameplay? From what I'm seeing it seems more like their powers/resistances are AP based. It seems a fairer assumption than power null honestly.

@Genki

Spells in Shin Megami Tensei aren't exclusively a Gameplay-only thing. There are two separate instances where Demons canonically use spells outside of gameplay, such as in SMT 1 where Lilith casts Shibaboo (in-game spell) to paralyze your party or in the original Megami Tensei, where Lucifer repeatedly spams Diarahan, which fully heals his vitality, so you have to seal away the spell by finding an item and using it on him

I am fine if they get Resistances instead of Power Null, though. Just noting it is a possibility

Fair enough.

I still think that resistances would be a fairer assumption, but I'm no expert here anyway.

So

Ever and I agreed that Lucifer should possibly scale to YHVH. Though, it is inconsistent due to how often Lucifer is portrayed as being a fodder compared to him. So we figured this descriptiom can go along with his 2-A Tier:

"Possibly High 2-A (Before falling from grace, Lucifer was considered one of God's greatest aspects alongside Satan, and was capable of assisting Aleph in battling YHVH in Shin Megami Tensei II. However, as he was easily decimated by YHVH in Megami Tensei II and is unconfident that he could defeat Satan, the consistency in the scaling is questionable)"

Matt also agrees with it.

Currently, we just need consensus and figuring out everyone who scales to Lucifer. I can only immediately recall Merkabah, the party of IV, Kuzuryu and True Demon Demi-Fiend.

Ye, upgrades

@Evah

Masakado, Krishna, Raidou and Shesha in his Third Resurrection scale too

Still, I want 1-A All Demons and that SMT: V Retcon to increase more the cosmology of the work to an 1-A and Beyond e.e

Characters Like Hero (SMT1), Aleph and similars would get a description like Tadano and Hideto?

And what about the extra content of certain games like SMT4 & Apocalypse? like the DLC

Edit, I want to know the level os this Demon: http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Tsukuyomi, and others Like Amaterasu

Well nya will obviously be 1-A, cause Cthulhu's mythos nya is 1-A. Obviously makes the best since. Theres no debate,

dont@me

I think that the "at least high 2-A" is too much. Thats far more than it was agreed upon here. A solid High 2-A is better

Ah. Forgot to remove the "At least" from His profile

Another proof that I am a genius. 10 / 10

Naw bra. Lets make them all high 1-A. We'll all agree to it, as YHVH is the omnipotent god of the multiverse Ovo

Anyone who opposes will be casted into the dephs of h-, i mean... they will need to provide evidence saying otherwise

Off-Topic:

Someone want more about Nint COnference about SMT:V and the featuring the Old Dante from DMC series┬┐?

On-Topic:

So, even early Game on All the games, every character can harm demons, can ahrm: Physical, Matter, Soul, Mind, Elements, Concept, Information, Data, Logic, Law, Non-Corporeal/intangibles/Abstracts, etc, no?

And, what happens about "Levels" of the Demons? i remember something about no one can hadle/controll demons above yours because they will free and killing you (outside game mechanics) and they are some special cases like The Hero on SMT with Pascal/Cerberus....this count like "if you want to control the demons (with any ability or who know), if you are not at his level or higher, the demon will be free and will kill you right?

Also, as i said here (if i remmeber), fissions, change skills, etc, is a real thing, inside and outside the game's history and mechanics.

One thing. We should probably put "Can negate Regenerationn (High-Godly)" for those who can do such a thing which includes the human characters and who else?

Ovrhide said:
Naw bra. Lets make them all high 1-A.
We'll all agree to it, as YHVH is the omnipotent god of the multiverse Ovo

Anyone who opposes will be casted into the dephs of h-, i mean... they will need to provide evidence saying otherwise
well the game does imply it runs on the euclidean theory, can't really blame people for thinking if some god tiers are 1A and they could be right

Back