• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I think we should wait someone like Matthew to give a look, I played the game and I have almost all the games, but there is also the novel to take in case and all, not to mention that I don't remember that well what happened and the justification for their powers

Yobobojojo said:
How is Persona even connected with SMT. I know it's a spin-off, but it's not canon
If yoou accept head canon. Persona universe(multiverse?) is in the Amala multiverse. Raidou Kuzunoha the XIV had traveled to Demi-fiend's vortex world and fought him. And in Persona 2, we have a freaking Kuzunoha's detective agency office to aid the main characters to solve the mysteries behind the rumors.

But everything have changed after Persona 2 Eternal Punishment, which explain the nature of the demons are came from the Shadow itself (any shadow who is strong enough would become a demon) , not collective observation of the humanity like Shin Megami Tensei. Not only that but Persona 3 also make the whole Persona cosmology got thickened when stating that Nyx is the one who triggered (not created ) the creation of gods and demons so that the humanity's psyche can be protected from Nyx. That's pretty much everything that seperate Persona and SMT right now.

Also, Krishna being above Shesha is nonsensical. It's explicitly shown and stated that Shesha is the main reason behind Merkabah and Lucifer's treaty. Also, considering that Shesha is the original form/origin myth for Kuryuzu. I don't actually think Kuryuzu is the strongest SMT 2-A though.

Krishna literally controls Shesha as his pet snake and uses it as a weapon for the Divine Powers. Him being inferior to it in power wouldn't be logical

It is made clear by Lucifer and Merkabah themselves that the reason behind the treaty was the fact that the Divine Powers had Flynn as their hostage and were planning to make him their Godslayer (Krishna was planning to merge with him, specifically). Dagda even confirms this by himself, and the only thing that implies Shesha was enough of a threat to trigger the truce was Lucifer stating that he was the Divine Powers' most valuable weapon

Shesha in his First Form actually does have a 2-A feat and a statement. Although they are kinda inconsistent with the fact that he has been portrayed as weaker than The Spear of Michael, which was fundamental to kill his first form along with Ame-no-Habakiri

That's actually more than likely due to Krishna's status as a avatar of Vishnu, who is pretty much BFF's with Shesha in mythology. Also, the fact that the treaty was formed because of Flynn's kidnapping also kind of goes to show it wasn't Krishna they were afraid of, and the hunters explicitly say Shesha is the main reason for the foothold the Divine Powers had.

We were actually having a discussion about whether or not Krishna could be considering Vishnu's Avatar (lol) since he has feats far above what Vishnu has ever shown.

Like, going by this logic he would be equal to Vishnu, since SMT I implies that Vishnu's avatars are equal to Vishnu himself, and are just different forms, which would contradict the fact that Shesha was gravely wounded by The Spear of Michael, who is weaker than Vishnu and... Yeh

Yeah. I agree, this is going to be part of the Updates of the blog, since it is a bit outdated by now. ;-;

I mean, the compendium literally spells out his state as a avatar. Like you said though, it doesn't make sense for him to be that strong.

Also, there are a few issues on YHVH's profile. For starters, where does the concept of a manefestation head come from?

I think it comes from the fact that YHVH in Apocalypse is depicted as having an Infinite amount of Heads (Which is actually a canon part of his Lore, as interviews state that he has Infinite Heads to represent his dominion over all Universes), and resides on a much higher plane of existence than shown previously

Ultima Reality said:
I think it comes from the fact that YHVH in Apocalypse is depicted as having an Infinite amount of Heads (Which is actually a canon part of his Lore, as interviews state that he has Infinite Heads to represent his dominion over all Universes), and resides on a much higher plane of existence than shown previously
Oof

We can't extrapolate things like entirely new keys based on that. For all we know his appearance changed. I also don't how you can have a 1-C true form made of 2-A heads, since they aren't projections, but rather fractions of his being in that case. Couple that with the art books statements of his heads being finite and the sheer amount of retcons in that game, and it's a lot more plausible it's simply a variation of what we've seen before.

CursedGentleman said:
Última, should Demi Fiend and Abel get that sweet High Godly Regen on their demon ends?
Oh yeah, we still need to determine whether or not to replace Abel's profile.

I don't see any statement that says His heads are finite. Given they basically say he has Infinite Heads this time to represent he governs Infinite Universes. Each Head representing a Universe

Although I did thought about replacing his Keys with something like:

Key: Shin Megami Tensei II | Apocalypse

But... Meh. Honestly I am fine with whatever is decided to do with Him here

Pretty sure that it said that YHVH has as many heads as their are stars.

Also, canonically demonized YHVh is actually a stronger form.

Should we message Matt to unlock Abel and Demi Fiends pages page then, if there are no disagreements about what is said here?

Most of the replacement loook good.

But i still have little issues with Tier high 2-A of SMT. It's scailed from Canopus, whom dont have any connection with YHVH universe at all :/ more to that, Providence isnt a higher dimension, the writer of Canopus's profile probally misunderstood about Higher Dimension, since Providence is just a world exist above the Akashic Multiverse, and that's it. It's not infinitely greater than lower dimension like YHVH universe, it's just exist above and that's it

Back