• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shazam! Fury of the Gods Spoiler Thread

Aight so just got out of the movie. No feats, that fake out, WW > all the gods as we expected, Freebie getting preyed on, Billy is a simp, unicorns are terrifying, dragon = wood?, Jeff with the mind and fear hax resistance, Ann has cool powers (sucks at dodging though), staff is actually very useful, everything is Billy’s fault.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

Last edited:
Just came back from the movie, it was pretty good. I'd say it's even better than the first one imo

I really wish more of the gods would be explored. So far only ares and the daughter of atlas have been given screentime. Zeus, hercules and the rest would make for great characters.

Aight so just got out of the movie. No frats
On that I will say that

He did bullrush a huge ass dragon through a whole building. And when he was amped with enough electricity, he obliterated that huge forcefield that was taking up half the city which resulted into that city being powered off in an instant.

On that I will say that

He did bullrush a huge ass dragon through a whole building. And when he was amped with enough electricity, he obliterated that huge forcefield that was taking up half the city which resulted into that city being powered off in an instant.
The dragon through the skyscraper is definitely more impressive than what he‘s done so far but I was more so referring to something bigger. Ann’s warping stuff should be something the Marvel Family scale to since it’s not just some spatial warping but physically moving stuff considering how Billy had to dodge the buildings to reach Freddie.

On the forcefield, Billy didn’t break it, Hespera dying is what shut it down. That barrier high key is the strongest thing we saw in the movie lol.

Will definitely say though, the Daughters have some fun hax.

Last edited:
I want to mention that prior in the movie, the explosion that killed Billy was stated to have enough power to wipe out everything that was inside the bubble. And that was before it was shrunken.

Is there anyway we can downscale Shazam to that?

Not really, it still killed him and required him to charge up a punch of power several times greater than his own attacks as well as Ladon > everyone else. What’s crazy is that the blast didn’t break the staff iirc (there was no magic so the Wizard couldn’t repair it if it did) yet Billy snapped it like a twig at the end of Shazam.

Should we take the scaling suggested by the tie-in book for the first movie into account? (I'm certain it was brought up before, but I don't remember if a conclusion was ever reached)

D0Wcu7dW0AAXuzV

Should we take the scaling suggested by the tie-in book for the first movie into account? (I'm certain it was brought up before, but I don't remember if a conclusion was ever reached)

D0Wcu7dW0AAXuzV
This is kinda iffy tbh
It's based on Freddy's diary and are ultimately guesswork by him

You can see this by the fact that he considers Wonder Women and Superman as similar in power when in fact we see in Justice League that Superman is effortlessly above all of them including Wonder Woman

I want to mention that prior in the movie, the explosion that killed Billy was stated to have enough power to wipe out everything that was inside the bubble. And that was before it was shrunken.

Is there anyway we can downscale Shazam to that?
It gives Hespera's barrier a feat since it can contain the explosion

Billy now has a statement from Harcourt...that was from Amanda Waller about him being strong. Can't remember nor find the exact quote, but it's along the lines of him being one the strongest out there, I believe. Waller is still looking for a way to bring Black Adam down, so it would make sense that she goes for the guy with the exact same powers as him.

We should probably get to scaling Black Adam and Shazam since their powers come from the same source. Also, probably give the Wizard a new key along with sealing and dream manipulation.

And Anthea could also manipulate the environment around her since we have seen that Shazam needed to dodge so many buildings to reach her. But what ability would it be?

Diana and Clark kinda are in their own tier of power. Let's not forget that one punch from Supes put Arthur out of action for a long time yet that same level of power only made Diana stagger before she hit back harder than the Aquaman one shotting level. Clark is blatantly stronger but it’s not like Freddie can directly compare the two beyond knowing they both fought Doomsday where Superman died. He doesn’t exactly have as much context for these situations as us.

The staff also straight up takes and gives the powers of the gods involved so Billy scaling to Zeus makes perfect sense. Pedro gets hit by the staff and immediately the Daughters got access to the Strength of Hercules which let Hespera slap around Billy despite him having Atlas’ strength and endurance, something she directly says he has. Given she is Atlas’ daughter, I’d say she is a valid source of info on whether Billy scales to him and his true level of power. Something further backed up by her calling Billy a “true god” at the end.

Hespera and Kalypso also thought the Champion would be some ultimate warrior that could fully use all of the powers to their full extent before having the meeting with Billy yet wasn’t surprised by the former’s barrier tanking someone with the Strength of Hercules or the Power of Zeus.

Slightly off topic but how do we reconcile the history presented by Wizard and the Daughters vs what we are told by Hippolyta and Ares in WW? Cuz the Wizard apparently took the staff from Atlas and was responsible for taking Atlas’ power from what was his corpse. It’s presented as the Council of Wizards took the SHAZAM powers around the same time but we know Zeus had his powers until he died and Ares was the one responsible for killing all of the gods. Did these two events happen at the same time or?

Also didn’t Zeus cast Ares out of Olympus and to Earth? Give the man dimensional BFR lol

Diana and Clark kinda are in their own tier of power. Let's not forget that one punch from Supes put Arthur out of action for a long time yet that same level of power only made Diana stagger before she hit back harder than the Aquaman one shotting level. Clark is blatantly stronger but it’s not like Freddie can directly compare the two beyond knowing they both fought Doomsday where Superman died. He doesn’t exactly have as much context for these situations as us.

The staff also straight up takes and gives the powers of the gods involved so Billy scaling to Zeus makes perfect sense. Pedro gets hit by the staff and immediately the Daughters got access to the Strength of Hercules which let Hespera slap around Billy despite him having Atlas’ strength and endurance, something she directly says he has. Given she is Atlas’ daughter, I’d say she is a valid source of info on whether Billy scales to him and his true level of power. Something further backed up by her calling Billy a “true god” at the end.

Hespera and Kalypso also thought the Champion would be some ultimate warrior that could fully use all of the powers to their full extent before having the meeting with Billy yet wasn’t surprised by the former’s barrier tanking someone with the Strength of Hercules or the Power of Zeus.

Slightly off topic but how do we reconcile the history presented by Wizard and the Daughters vs what we are told by Hippolyta and Ares in WW? Cuz the Wizard apparently took the staff from Atlas and was responsible for taking Atlas’ power from what was his corpse. It’s presented as the Council of Wizards took the SHAZAM powers around the same time but we know Zeus had his powers until he died and Ares was the one responsible for killing all of the gods. Did these two events happen at the same time or?

Also didn’t Zeus cast Ares out of Olympus and to Earth? Give the man dimensional BFR lol
Does this mean High 6-C Shazam now?

Personally? I’d say yes. Billy proceeds to also punch out Ladon and physically overpower it a few times despite it being stated that he couldn’t beat Ladon or Ladon was the strongest. Something to that extent anyway. Need the clips to be uploaded somewhere to refresh my mind.

In that case, I'm glad Billy's finally getting upgraded, I've always thought him being only 8-C was downplay

Now that I have the novelization and reading it, I did find something at least interesting, considering that Sivana basically pulled out a Black Adam considering he can easily melt humans with this lightning.

He yanked off his sunglasses. The Eye of Sin burned and twirled in his eye socket. The guests nearest him screamed and recoiled.
"Giving you all what you deserve", Sivana finished. Black lightning crackled out from his fingers and the screaming began in earnest. The snow kept falling from the night sky, but now it was joined by the white flecks of ash and glowing embers that were swirling in the chill air. In the smoldering wreckage of the Sivana mansion, a lone figure sat the charred remains of a grand dining room table.

I also found an interesting LS feat for Billy in the novelization where he lifts up a whole warehouse which might upgrade him.

Freddy looked around. "I'm kind of running out of heavy stuff for you," he said. Then he laughed. "Maybe you should just try lifting the entire warehouse!"
Billy shrugged. "I'll give it a shot," he said. "Dude, I was joking! Freddy yelped, but Billy was already squatting down by the corner of the foundation. He wormed his fingers under the concrete and started lifting. Nothing happened. "Okay," Freddy said, still filming with his phone. "So the limit of your strength is somewhere in between a car and ...a four-story industrial building the size of a city block. That doesn't really narrow it down much...." But Billy wasn't done. He took a deep breath and gripped hard with both hands wedged under the corner of the building. Come on, he thought. I bet you can do this. His muscles bunched and strained, his feet dug into the pavement so hard it started to crack under his boots. Bit by bit, the foundation rose up. Half an inch, then an inch, then several inches. Then several feet. Sweating and panting, Billy heaved himself to his feet, still gripping the corner of the foundation. The entire building creaking and shivering. Windows shattered and glass rained down on him. The concrete walls began to groan alarmingly. "Stop!" Freddy yelled. "Stop, it's gonna break up!" Very carefully, Billy lowered the foundation back into place.

Okay, what was the verdict on scaling Shazam to Black Adam and Zeus?
Their powers come from the same source, so I'd say yes

If you want, you can use the post-credit scene as evidence:

Something like this can probably be used as an explantation:
"Shazam is stated by Waller to be as powerful as they come and would be a great addition to the Justice Society, who were remade order to restrain Black Adam"

Back