• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Why would a city size hole destabilize earth? Even more one that is smaller than knowhere that is about 5km. A nuclear bomb can easily surpass that hole and they could throw a bunch and wouldn't be enough to destroy earth.
1. In Age of Ultron, Sokovia was 1.2 miles in length yet would have rendered humanity extinct. High Evolutionary's ship was much bigger.
Busting a planet is more attractive so the media likes to say it because clicks, and there were a lot of cases where they use "destroy world" but actually they just wipe out humanity which would be only the surface.
2. Seems more likely those media sources believed what they wrote, and anyway the High Evolutionary himself said the planet was exploding.
Why would the ship leaving cause a bunch of small explosions? If it was big enough I guess it would be a bunch of earthquakes and cracks all over the world. Even more the area around the ship was fine even after the bombs started to explode logic says that the explosions would have happened close to the ship and then spread to all sides.

The small explosions kinda supports the surface destroying only because he used a bunch of small explosives to cause destruction on the entire planet surface instead of actually blowing up the entire planet.
3. If it's bombs, why would High Evolutionary use lots of house-sized explosions to commit genocide? It leaves major possibility for survivors.
Anyways this doesn't less nowhere until we can get actual clips of the movie
4. Agreed.

High Evolutionary, just after Quill leaps off his ship: "Quite the novel escape plan. Jumping headfirst into an exploding planet."

He literally says onscreen what he did. And a series of bombs that produce house-sized blasts are not going to explode a planet.

1. In Age of Ultron, Sokovia was 1.2 miles in length yet would have rendered humanity extinct. High Evolutionary's ship was much bigger.
Because it was going to crash with it at high speed like a meteor.
2. Seems more likely those media sources believed what they wrote, and anyway the High Evolutionary himself said the planet was exploding.
First by definition a planet with multiple explodings is an exploding planet even if the planet is not completely destroyed, secondthis is a huge jump unless there is an actual prove the planet was destroyed its nothing.
3. If it's bombs, why would High Evolutionary use lots of house-sized explosions to commit genocide? It leaves major possibility for survivors.
Why wouldnt he?

Because it was going to crash with it at high speed like a meteor.

First by definition a planet with multiple explodings is an exploding planet even if the planet is not completely destroyed, secondthis is a huge jump unless there is an actual prove the planet was destroyed its nothing.

Why wouldnt he?
Because a bunch of small bombs leaves major possibility for survivors. Which High Evolutionary did not want.

That link is not opening for me. And when I look onscreen at the actual movie, it says 6410 feet, which equals 1.2 miles.
Broken link
Here
1pIRGzS.png

Because a bunch of small bombs leaves major possibility for survivors. Which High Evolutionary did not want.
It does not when the explosions are happening all around and they dont have a way to escape. Whatever it caused those explosions it wasnt the ship taking off, it was a sort of system that was on that planet, I already said explosions dont make sense to begin with as an explaination for the ship taking off and worse they were very random.

It does not when the explosions are happening all around and they dont have a way to escape. Whatever it caused those explosions it wasnt the ship taking off, it was a sort of system that was on that planet, I already said explosions dont make sense to begin with as an explaination for the ship taking off and worse they were very random.
But we don't see any explosive devices, and no explosive devices are mentioned in the movie. All we see is the ship taking off. Claiming explosive devices are the cause is headcanon that disregards the only active device we see onscreen: the ship taking off.

But we don't see any explosive devices, and no explosive devices are mentioned in the movie. All we see is the ship taking off. Claiming explosive devices are the cause is headcanon that disregards the only active device we see onscreen: the ship taking off.
And the ship was never stated to be the direct reason for the explosions so assuming its the ship is as much headcannon as being explosive devices.

Yet the actual movie image you show says 6410 feet, which is 1.2 miles:

8833996-thorsokoviasize.png

When outside material contradicts what is explicitly shown onscreen in the movie, I stick with the movie. If anyone here chooses to do otherwise, so be it.
We had this discussion in the High 6-C CRT and we decided to go with 6430 metres instead what the movie showed

Nothing implies it was just the ship taking off either though. We see explosions start to happen across the ground in the neighborhood and it wasn't like the ship was the epicenter of the explosions.

And the ship was never stated to be the direct reason for the explosions so assuming its the ship is as much headcannon as being explosive devices.
Well, no, it's not as much headcanon, because we actually see the ship and we see it bust out of the ground mere seconds before the explosions begin. Explosive devices, on the other hand, are completely absent.

But that doesn't imply causation. It just implies he didn't want his ship to be there when the planet started blowing up. If the ship was the epicenter of waves of explosions then sure, but the explosions in the neighborhood seemed to happen at random.

But that doesn't imply causation. It just implies he didn't want his ship to be there when the planet started blowing up. If the ship was the epicenter of waves of explosions then sure, but the explosions in the neighborhood seemed to happen at random.
So if he didn't want his ship to be there when the planet started blowing up, why not just wait until his ship was in space to start the explosive devices from afar? Why cut it so close?

It requires so much headcanon to come up with any other cause for the planet exploding than the one we see onscreen: the ship.

But nothing implies the ship was actually causing the explosions. Like on a visual level, it looks nothing like that. If the ship caused it it would be one explosion with the ship at the epicenter. That's not what happened, so logically something else caused the explosion. It wouldn't make sense for the ship taking off to cause random disconnected explosions across the planet.

But nothing implies the ship was actually causing the explosions. Like on a visual level, it looks nothing like that. If the ship caused it it would be one explosion with the ship at the epicenter. That's not what happened, so logically something else caused the explosion. It wouldn't make sense for the ship taking off to cause random disconnected explosions across the planet.
This is the MCU. Visually it doesn't make sense that a metal suit can protect Tony Stark from supersonic G-forces. Scott doing anything as Ant-Man and Giant-Man both make no sense visually and according to mass-related physics. Snapping a metal gauntlet with colorful stones does not prove causality of half the population of the universe turning to dust. But we know these things happened.

None of those things are even remotely similar to what we are talking about. There is no statement that implies that its literally just the ship causing the destruction and there is no visuals that imply that either. Therefore, it is just headcanon and can't be used for scaling.

It cannot be used for scaling anyways causing the collapse of a planet is not AP and since we know the ship didnt actually exploded the planet, only that it caused multiple explosions throught the planet, it doesnt matter no ship is getting planet level.

So High Evolutionary outright states that he caused the planet to explode, the movie shows the same planet get destroyed, and several external media sources say the planet exploded, but High Evolutionary isn't going to get Planet Level Attack Potency. Cool.

So High Evolutionary outright states that he caused the planet to explode, the movie shows the same planet get destroyed, and several external media sources say the planet exploded, but High Evolutionary isn't going to get Planet Level Attack Potency. Cool.
Exacly now you understand

As a note, the High Evolutionary specifically states this before the destruction starts:

"Which is why, as I've done many times before, I'm going to have to raze it all, and start again."

As a note, the High Evolutionary specifically states this before the destruction starts:

"Which is why, as I've done many times before, I'm going to have to raze it all, and start again."
Raze means to "completely destroy."

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/raze

High Evolutionary also states onscreen "I created Counter-Earth" and that it has become "an exploding planet."

And I just watched the movie again. The final shot of Counter-Earth from space shows massive amounts of volcanic action and lava spewing out. Underground bombs generally don't cause that. Finally, the explosions do begin right after High Evolutionary's ship begins to burst out of the ground.

High Evolutionary scaling notes:

• Doesn't really have physical striking feats, and relies on gravity manipulation to attack
  • Ragdolled Adam Warlock (who didn't seem to be 100% recovered from the stab wound Nebula gave him at that point), and seemed to be capable of killing him if he wanted to
  • Ragdolled Star-Lord and Groot at the same time
  • Subdued Nebula, Mantis, and Drax at the same time
  • Threw around Rocket for a while, until the latter used his Gravity Boots to nullify HE's power on him
  • Within the span of under 20 seconds, got blasted in the chest by Rocket, shoved back by Groot, slammed into the ground and punched in the face by Drax, shot in the torso by Star-Lord's Quad Blaster, kicked down by Mantis, blasted by Nebula's nanotech cannon, and seemed to still be able to stand until he was then stabbed by Gamora, at which point he finally went down.
I feel like Mantis should finally get to scale with the rest of her team now due to her harming High Evolutionary, she also harmed several goon with physical strikes

I feel like Mantis should finally get to scale with the rest of her team now due to her harming High Evolutionary, she also harmed several goon with physical strikes
Mantis also seemed to have been caught in an Abilisk's quantum blast offscreen without being noticeably more effected than Nebula and Drax were. She'd probably still be around the bottom of the Low 7-C Guardian scaling chain if her performance against Adam Warlock is anything to go by though.

Adam Warlock scaling notes:

• Bullrushed Rocket through multiple walls, though failed to cause notable injury with this. Later pretty much oneshot Rocket with an energy blast.
  • Easily overpowered Nebula once he got into close range, leaving her mangled (though still able to twist her body back into place shortly afterwards). Nebula was only really able to pose a threat to Adam with her upgraded arm, which blasted him back mid charge in cannon form, and pierced through his torso in blade form.
  • Briefly got restrained by Groot before overpowering him, smashing him against the sides of buildings, and eventually tearing off his head.
  • Easily broke Mantis's arm
  • Was mostly just annoyed by Star-Lord's Quad Blasters.
  • Initially struggled with Drax before overpowering him and beating him into the ground before Nebula intervened.
  • Casually reduced a Ravager to a skeleton with an energy blast.
  • Overpowered and tore the head off Warpig, who Gamora was struggling against.
Haven't watched the movie yet, so my Adam Warlock sandbox is probably missing stuff. I'm just going off what little I know and have seen online. You can suggest any additions

Adam Warlock is stated to be on par with Thor so Guardians just got a lot stronger apparently
  1. Source?
  2. Current Thor is "At least 5-A, possibly 4-C". The GotG being at that tier is 100% not gonna get accepted
  3. AFAIK, Adam Warlock doesn't have any sort of feats or statements or powerscaling in the movie itself that put him even close to Thor's level
  4. Drax, one of the strongest members of the GotG, could have been killed by 6-B Mark 50 Iron Man

Last edited:
Can I see said statement?
  1. Source?
  2. Current Thor is "At least 5-A, possibly 4-C". The GotG being at that tier is 100% not gonna get accepted
  3. AFAIK, Adam Warlock doesn't have sort of feats or statements or powerscaling in the movie itself that put him even close to Thor's level
  4. Drax, one of the strongest members of the GotG, could have been killed by 6-B Mark 50 Iron Man
https://vsbattles.com/threads/adam-...vision-update-now-with-a-working-link.153467/

Back