• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shang-Chi and Wenwu (MCU) Downgrade. Minor Spoilers Ahead (spoilers about what ISN'T shown).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valiant_Abyss

He/Him
I'm doing this before I forget about it.

Spoiler tagging this out of mindfulness. The only thing the spoilers will contain is regarding what is not shown in the movie.

So Shang-Chi has these certain abilities marked on his profile that Wenwu also shares with him due to scaling:

Chi Manipulation, Pressure Points, Paralysis Inducement, Pain Manipulation, and Resistance to poisons.

As far as my memory reaches, none of these abilities were ever displayed in the movie itself and after looking through some conversations, these abilities all seem to come from this fandom tweet:

The problem here is that fandom isn't an official source in the slightest, and I can't seem to find any of this information from actual official sources. As such these should all be removed from both Wenwu's profile and Shang-Chi's. That's it. This shouldn't be too controversial. If any of these happened in the movie that I don't remember, feel free to correct me.

I agree
The problem here is that fandom isn't an official source in the slightest,
Since this is true and I couldn't find more details either though this should definitely be kept around just in case more word is given on it so we can have a scan available

VS Battles Wiki gives 616 Shang-Chi a couple of abilities based on showings from his comic appearances -> Fandom reports these abilities as those of MCU Shang-Chi -> VS Battles Wiki gives MCU Shang-Chi a couple of his comic abilities based on what Fandom mistakenly reported.

The circle of powerscaling life.

This is uncontroversial to apply, yes. Is somebody here willing to handle it?

Also, please remember to remove the associated power categories from the bottom of the pages as well.

His mother explicitly used magic. He may have the same fighting style, but unless he demonstrated the same technique, then he shouldn't have air manip. Now if he did show his mother's air stuff, then air manip is absolutely fine. Otherwise it should be bopped.

His mother explicitly used magic. He may have the same fighting style, but unless he demonstrated the same technique, then he shouldn't have air manip. Now if he did show his mother's air stuff, then air manip is absolutely fine. Otherwise it should be bopped.
Yeah ik that I'm just assuming that's why Air Manip is listed on his profile it could have some other justification but for the life of me i don't know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back