• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Servant Tier List (Skill-based)

I seem to recall a scene with Li Shuwen stating that he and Beowulf were comparable in skill, but he was better at fighting humans while Beowulf was better at fighting monsters.

No, I do believe it's more that he's just straight better as a fighter. What Beowulf has is inhuman strength and the skill to take monsters down because that's his speciality, while Li is much more skilled at battling humans.

Seems like a finesse vs aggression thing. Equally skilled in a fight, but display them in different means.

I retain some doubt about it, since Beowulf's main way of dealing with monsters was just pummeling them. His main NP is even literally "drop your weapons, your brute strength is all you need by far".

Wow Every servant who surpass Gods is from Japan, although their actual history is not even surpass humanity, nice nasu

To be fair, other countries have walking nuclear artilleries among their servants' ranks. Some of which like Karna also having extreme martial prowess, others having dudes like Gilgamesh whose treasury is more than enough of a deterrent against most anything. Meanwhile, said servants trespassing on godly domain of skill only have their martial ability to show.

As do I, mainly, the tier names, character nicknames and generalization of whatever as just skill, when the likes of Medea is both top 5 in the world type of genius and steaming pile of shit at the same time, depending on the context. I don't bother though, it was never originally specified where they are skilled. Just that it's a list of the most skilled in each class. Never bothered to check again the OP that it now doesn't include power or haxxy magic abilities, but just raw fighting skill.

Okay, getting opinions for an irl convo.

Who would you guys say are the most skilled Servants in each class, lore-wise?

I've been trying to come up with this for a while, but I'm still working on it (No using a Servant in more than one class, and no deities).

Anyways, EMIYA for undisputed most skilled at housework, and Medb for most skilled at sexy time.

Paul Frank said:
Kiara for sexy time
She would've been but...

not in terms of power or haxxy magic abilities, but just raw fighting skill

Kiara is featless outside of her being a beast with sex powers. Meanwhile, Medb is an Anti-Army Noble Phantasm in bed, unless Fergus is in play.

Oh right, I forgot that's why Merlin and Solomon weren't on it before. Also would Medea and Circe not be at the levels they are?

The reason I gave the tiers the names I did is because those are just common ways I've seen each level of skill described. I can change it if need be.

@Ramesses What changes would you recommend?

Actually, you guys are right.

I'm gonna try something different. I'll organize it like any other Fate parameter list, which will also keep it from limiting what servants can be put on it.

Caster (Circe) (Was trained by a god), Caster (Fate/stay night) (Was trained by Circe)

Reasoning is shot. Medea was considered by Roman as among the top 5 of magi in history. Considering he is Solomon, that says a lot. Circe is up there as she trained with Medea.

Archer (Arash) (Same as Tristan), Rider of Red (Achilles) (His skills were described as "exceedingly close to the gods"), Lancer (Hector) (Lost to Achilles due to a paper-thin difference in skill), Archer of Black (Chiron) (Nearly equals Achilles and trained him), Archer of Red (Atalanta) (A peer of Chiron with godly training)

No to Atalanta and maybe Chiron. Chiron admits that he's good at many things but he doesn't stand out. He's a jack of trades. And then, he shoots Atalanta's arrows out of the air, so much so that Atalanta has a one-sided rivalry with him.

Arash, is also so skilled that Chiron outright admitted inferiority and says that he's just a teacher, not a hero at the top of the summit. Also, he can replicate Atalanta's NP with a simple barrage, killing 10,000 people in one volley.

Lastly, Tristan's bow is enchanted so that it homes in. It's a compliment more to Arash than him for them to be compared.

Saber (Fate/stay night) (Is considered a top-class Saber), Saber (Bedivere) (Can fight alongside Arthur as a peer, despite being a mere human)

Arturia is top class less for skill and more for NP, good stats and ridiculous instinct. Bedivere is the most normal in the Round, and it was only in Camelot that he had enough oomph to his legend to be a heroic spirit.

D: False Caster (Says he has no actual battle experience, and merely writes about heroes)

E: Assassin (Mata Hari) (Calls herself useless in a fight, with no skills whatsoever), Caster (Fate/Extra CCC) (Same as Mata Hari)

I don't see the point of these.

1. So what rank would you put those two as?

2. Got it, should I move Arash up or the others down?

3. Alright, I'll bump them down

4. I just wanna get a comprehensive tier list going. Maybe if all goes well we can get pretty much everyone on here.

1. Same rank, fix the reasoning, I guess. I mean, Medea was described to be as close as one can get to True Magic without ever reaching it.

2. Probably keep them the same, but bump Atalanta down.

4. Angra is canonically the weakest servant.

On the Mats of Medea. So you could say Circe is the reason Medea became good.

Circe's Teachings
Princess Medea learned magecraft at the Moon Goddess Hecate's temple and at the time, a fellow disciple, the witch Circe, was like an older sister to her.
Circe was a true genius of magecraft but also a witch with several personality problems.
Medea learned magic as a princess, so she can't be called a genuine witch. She probably could never act like the witch she became after being dumped by Jason if it weren't from the intensive training she took from her great big sis.

Only things if note are that Circe is a genius, and she and Medea learned under Hecate together, with Medea also learning from Circe who is her senior.

That said, the only thing Circe noted Medea was weak at is that she was negligent on medicinecraft. Anything else, we can only get others' words for it.

Angra is not the most skilled at battle, but he's the most skilled at keeping up a defensive battle where there's no progress made. The most skilled because he could do it with nearly everyone in Hollow Ataraxia if I remember right despite the stat difference.

No, EMIYA would be the most skilled in a defensive battle. He killed Herakles several times before losing and held his own against a much faster Cu who completely neuters his range specialty.

But killing Herakles multiple times is not what I call a defensive battle, not to mention he makes it clear only reason he can do so with Cu is seeing him move at a speed he could comprehend before. Eye of the Mind(True) is pretty useful.

He has even less strength than Sasaki and no Skill for it like Emiya, yet he can pull this off and even when he's outnumbered.

Gil could be around Artoria's level since in the fgo opening he is kinda dancing around her and fighting pretty evenly in cqc

He's definitely not on her level. He fights her on Fate route but it's emphasized that Arthuria really can't do much since she's extremely wary of what mysterious traits his weapons might have.

The FGO opening is not a good source of info.

Didn't it say that Fionn was unparalleled in life as a warrior, which would imply he was at least slightly better than Diarmuid?

Myth-wise, isn't it Diarmuid who has to come and get Fionn's ass out of dumpster fire every time?

Isn't Fionn also quite a bit older and even differing looking due to some circumstances? Maybe by the time Diarmuid was around whatever has happened lessened him.

Back