• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Servant Tier List (Skill-based)

Okay, getting opinions for an irl convo.

How would you more knowledgeable Fate fans rank the skills of Servants, lore-wise? Not in terms of power or haxxy magic abilities, but just raw fighting skill.

I've been trying to come up with this for a while, but I'm still working on it. I've revamped the list to include rankings in the same sense as other Servant parameters.

EX: Assassin (Fate/stay night) (His skill treads on being infinite, and has far surpassed the gods), Saber (Miyamoto Musashi) (Same as Kojirou, and has achieved the state of "Nothingness"), Saber (Munenori Yagyü) (Has achieved an equivalent of "Nothingness")

A++: Lancer of Red (Karna) (His skill treads into the realm of the gods), Archer (Arjuna) (Karna's rival), Lancer (Hōzōin Inshun) (Same as Karna), Lancer (Sc├íthach) (Again, same as Karna, has actually killed Divine Spirits with sheer skill), Lancer (Fate/stay night) (Said to be in the top 3 of Lancers), Archer (Arash) (Effortlessly outclasses the likes of Chiron, Atalanta, and Tristan in archery), King Hassa (Skilled enough that strength and weakness are meaningless), Lancer (Li Shuwen) (Hōzōin felt that if he dueled Li Shuwen, either one of them could die), Assassin (Okada Izō) (Surpasses Li Shuwen in talent, only losing due to lack of experience), Berserker (Beowulf) (Against monsters)

A+: Saber (Sigurd) (Surpassed humanity as a whole), Saber of Black (Siegfried) (Same as Sigurd), Sakura Saber (Same as Sigurd), Saber (Lancelot) (Has similar feats to Siegfried, considered the most skilled Knight of the Round Table), Archer (Tristan) (Has surpassed the limits of the bow), Rider of Red (Achilles) (His skills were described as "exceedingly close to the gods"), Lancer (Hector) (Lost to Achilles due to a paper-thin difference in skill), Archer of Red (Atalanta) (Was trained in archery by a god, and is comparable to the likes of Chiron), Archer of Black (Chiron) (Nearly equals Achilles and trained him), Rider (Saint George) (Is comparable to Achilles when fighting defensively and against Dragons), Caster (Fate/stay night) (Comes close to the level of True Magic with mere magecraft, described by Solomon as being among the top 5 magi in history), Caster (Circe) (Was trained by a god of magic alongside Medea), Caster (Paracelsus) (Founder and master of modern Thaumaturgy)

A: Caster (Geronimo) (Has mastered nearly any melee weapon), Berserker (Fate/Zero) (Fought Arthur to a standstill despite his borrowed NPs being weaker than Excalibur), Berserker (Minamoto no Yorimitsu) (Should be comparable to Lancelot via Eternal Arms Mastery), Assassin (Shuten-douji) (Was skilled enough to be a threat to Minamoto no Yorimitsu)

B++: Saber (Gawain) (Could have easily killed Mordred given the chance)

B+: Lancer (Fionn mac Cumhaill) (Said to be unparalleled in life, which would include Diarmuid), Saber (Attila) (Is a creature born for battle, which should make her at least slightly more skilled than Artoria)

B: Saber (Fate/stay night) (Is a master of Western swordsmanship, surpassing all her knights aside from Lancelot), Lancer (Fate/Zero) (Managed to somewhat outskill Arthur with prep, and was otherwise even with her), Saber (Bedivere) (Was three times as accomplished as an ordinary knight, despite being a mere mortal), Saber of Red (Mordred) (Dueled her father for an extended period of time, despite ultimately losing)

C++: The Knights of the Round Table (Considered the cream of the crop among heroes and knights and were all master swordsmen)

C+:

C:
Berserker (Beowulf) (Against human opponents)

D++:

D+:

D:
False Caster (Says he has no actual battle experience, and merely writes about heroes), Caster of Red (Shakespeare) (Same as False Caster)

E: Assassin (Mata Hari) (Calls herself useless in a fight, with no skills whatsoever), Caster (Fate/Extra CCC) (Same as Mata Hari), Caster (Scheherazade) (Same as Mata Hari)

Saber: Probably Daishouri, she was regarded as genius swordsman if I recall.

Lancer: OG doggo, Kill yourself Lancer, maybe some local vampire. He fought Karna right?

Archer: Jeanne haters, blind sad boi and maybe Oni gamer. Blind sad boy skill was compared to Stella while Oni gamer was regarded as fine general by Gil during Babylonia.

Caster: Perhaps Skadi, but we don't have her profile yet.

Rider: Lucha Libre.

Assassin: How come anyone forget about this this guy? SEIBA

Berserker: Best Doggo, Darth Saber, Golde.

Avenger: Dunno, probably Local Edgy snek.

Alter Ego: Okita Alter.

Foreigner: Dunno.

Moon Cancer: BB by default.

Berserker is probably Lancelot with his ability to act against another of the most skilled servants in the series while under mad enhancement.

Assassins could be any of the Hassan, although Cursed Arm and Gramps come to mind

Assuming you mean skill with regards to their class (sabers sabering, lancers lancing, casters casting, berserkers berserking, etc.):

You missed Dadcelot in the Saber list. As is Okita. Arthur if you want to go further for specializing against giants that he gets a skill for it.

Billy should be unparalled on the quickdraw among Archers.

EMIYA explicitly says that Cu is among the top 3 of Lancers, iirc.

Rider has Red Hare (though he's a cheat because he himself is the mount).

Among Casters, Medea who has notably higher Rapid Divine Words rank than Circe, her teacher, who supposedly has partial divinity. Also, among mage servants, she should be the best at actually casting their spells. Solomon and Merlin, despite the power and knowledge they have are shit at it, in that they can flub their chants.

Among Assassins, Serenity probably, but is far and away from Gramps.

Berserkers berserking will probably include Hijikata.

Im kinda hoping for Morgan le Fay to be up in here...well only if she is to appear which is why I'm withholding from saying her here.

All I know of her, or one of them at least, is she's supposed to be on par in magecraft with Merlin which I assume includes meaning she's just as skilled with it as he is. For other Casters, yeah most definitely Medea for being up there as well as her auntie Circe.

Saber's should definitely have Okita for being a "genius among the genius swordsman in Shinsengumi" or some such like that.

Saber: Okita, Gawain and Lancelot needs to be added.

Okita because she is called an extraordinary genius swordsman that is more skilled and talented than an entire band of master swordsmen. Plus Mumyou Sandanzuki is pure bs.

Lancelot is above all the KOTR in skill so he should be up here. Gawain is slightly below him but he could fight evenly against Karna and later gain the upperhand in Foxtail (though that's mostly due to their masters).

Lancer: Cu Chulainn needs to be added to the list. He is stated by Archer to be among the top 3 spearmen and Cu Alter is hyped by Geronimo? Due to Lancer Cu's skill with the spear as well.

Side note: You are hyping Scathach too much, she only killed Divine Spirits that were weakened.

Archer: Adult Rama, Herc, Tristan and Tomoe Gozen are good contenders.

Adult Rama is above his younger form that can use his bow on a level that's close to Noble Phantasms while in his Saber container.

Herc should at least be just as skilled as Alcides who could snipe Gil from 20km away and later deflect a Gate of Babylon barrage by using his bow as a melee weapon.

Tristan could shoot down Arash's arrows in Camelot and was stated by Arthur to be comparable to him in Fragments IIRC. He also stomped Cursed Arm, Serenity and Hundred Face when they tried to fight him.

Tomoe Gozen as Archer of Inferno managed to deflect Inshun's spear with her arrows in medium to close combat , the same Inshun who would have stomped pre Nothingness Musashi in 32 hypothetical battles. In Babylonia she scored a mutual kill against the scorpion general under Tiamat.

Caster: Besides unknowns like Ashiya Douma and Abe no Seimei. Medea and Circe are solid contenders.

Medea among the top 5 magi in the world and she is stated to be infinitely close to the magicians without being one. Though she still hypes Solomon to be above her. I would rate Merlin higher than her as well because his Illusions are that good.

Circe might have a lower ranked High-Speed Divine Words but she is also the one that is called "a true genius of magecraft" compared to Medea. Plus Medea calls Circe her talented senior/senpai. Her potion skill is also hax level good.

Rider: Besides Raikou in Shimosa, I think Ushi and Quetz qualify.

Ushi has her 5 secret techniques and skills she learned from a Tengu, and is a master swordswoman.

Quetz is a God of War and one of her main symbols is her jaded sword so she is easily a master at combat. I'm pretty sure she is a master at lucha libre, even if she isn't they hype her headlocks in the mats with the statement that she can do it on any deity or monster.

Assassin: Izou and Zealot

Izou has more potential than Li Shuwen as a martial artist and his ability to copy sword techniques is pretty strong.

Zealot copied all the previous Hassans' Zabaniyas within a few years, while the previous Hassans needed a lifetime to perfect their Zabaniyas.

Alter Ego: Okita Alter

Well i think Rama is qualify as Grand Archer since he is without doubt the strongest Indian Hero, he also comparable to Indrajit (meghanada) the Indian gilgamesh who poses all divine weapon including vasavi shakti and pashupata as well, and we might see him on lostbelt 4

Okay I'm gonna update again in a second.

I'm probably gonna try to limit it to seven(?) for each category so it doesn't get too cluttered, though that might change. I'll also remove the descriptions of why (getting redundant).

@Homu Vlad only really seemed to match up with Karna because of his Romania power boost, and it wasn't so much skill keeping him ahead as it was his insane AOE. Plus, Karna was holding back immensely.

@Velox Skill surpassing humanity would put him in the same league as those such as Okita and Karna, and he fought Achilles and Karna on equal footing, despite some disadvantages on his part. I genuinely don't know whether he or Sigurd is more skilled.

Remember, I'm not putting Servants in more than one class, so we have some more variety. And no deities, because they're already kind of a measuring stick for the most skilled Servants, so it'd be a given for them to be on there.

Why is Arturia among the most skilled? She's a top notch Saber for her powerset and NP, not for her sheer skill.

Also, still no Dadcelot who is explicitly above and beyond everyone in the Round in pure combat prowess.

Got it, will remove Arthur

Dacelot is already in the Berserker category due to it being the form in which he first appeared in the series, same with Li Shuwen being in Assassin. Sasaki is an exception because it's more convenient to group him with the other Sword Saints

@Jordan

Skillest with very smart brain can surpass Siegfried, its like you fight a wall with your brain you can take the wall in ease.

Veloxt1r0kore said:
@Jordan
Skillest with very smart brain can surpass Siegfried, its like you fight a wall with your brain you can take the wall in ease.
But if you ram your brain towards the wall, wouldn't your brain get splatter instead?

** thinking intensifies **
i have no clue

He also can be summoned as a Saber. So he counts.

Actually I am gonna move him, seeing as I should stick to my own rules for the thread.

Imma go overboard on his nickname, though

It is. It's the actual servant Sasaki though, not the wraith amalgam we have as Assassin.

Huh? Then i'm blind, nvm what i said above.

Also this is bit early but should Caenis be added? Also Circe still not get her profile OP.

EDIT: Oh, how about Lanling?

Back