• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Separate profiles/keys for Kirby

ArbitraryNumbers

VS Battles
Retired
Because Kirby's profile describes Kirby as he's depicted across all of his games, and how he's depicted tends to be varied, I believe there should be some segregation.

Mainly because of two reasons.

-Kirby's copy ability works much differently throughout various games. Crystal Shards depicts him with the ability to combine copy abilities, Super Star shows him with the ability to create allies out of them, Squeak Squad being the only game I know of that depicts him having a pocket dimension in his stomach IIRC. Why are we only using that? I believe the others could be represented with separate profiles.

-As mentioned earlier, Kirby is depicted completely differently across some of his games. Robobot armor in Planet Robobot, RTDL with the super abilities, TD with Hypernova Kirby, Yarn Kirby and Canvas/Rainbow Curse Kirby being completely different from all of the other depicitions of Kirby, etcetera, etcetera. Containing all of them in one profile makes things seem a bit cluttered.

Some suggestions to fix this issue:

-Create different keys for Kirby's profile. It will provide some necessary segregation amongst the various ways Kirby is depicted in his games, although it may make things seem a bit more cluttered.

-Rename the profile to "Composite Kirby" and possibly add some of the other ways his copy ability works, combining them into one (Say that when he puts them all into his pocket dimension, he can either combine two of them, use one to create an ally, or just absorb a singular one). It will provide an explanation as to why the profile contains feats from different games where Kirby is depicted differently, although again it may make things seem a bit more cluttered.

-Create different profiles for the different depictions of Kirby. One for Robobot, One for RTDL, one for Triple Deluxe, one for Epic Yarn, etc., (Something along those lines.) similar to how Link is treated on this wiki. But it may overflow the site with too many different iterations of Kirby.

I do not know. What do other staff members think?

I think that would be necessary, considering that Kirby has so many abilities, plus I'm pretty sure composite kirby is a thing so it would make sense to add that to the wiki. It is confusing trying to calc Kirby since some feats don't really match up. I don't like the thought of there being multiple Kirbyverses, but its still agreeable

How are we going to do this exactly..?

Kirby is considered the same character in all games, I don't think creating a profiles for EACH game is reasonable.

Link is different, since every Link is literally a different person in each games (Except a few exceptions)

I'm with Saikou. Kirby doesn't have any different eras or versions, so I don't see the point of separating him through games, especially seeing how he'd have more keys than a Saiyan.

Okay. It seems most convenient to keep his profile in current format then.

My biggest problem is that Yarn Kirby is included in the profile, and yet nothing from Epic Yarn is included in it. While it's arguably the same Kirby, he's the same Kirby that was transmutated to have completely different properties, like no longer possessing the inhale or the ability to float, and being made entirely out of yarn. This leads me to think that it deserves a separate key if nothing else. Why include a picture of Yarn Kirby when we're not going to mention anything that he brings to the table in the profile?

I stand corrected about segregating profiles, though.

But having Kirby as is is still gonna be a challenge because every game he's been in has bosses with different Attack Potency, Durability etc. But thats just my opinion, do what you'd think is best.

Yarn Kirby should have Body Manipulation and Transformation/Shapeshifting, as well as a possible resistance/immunity to transmutation.

I also think Yarn Kirby would be 5-B to 5-A at best. Yin-Yarn used all of the magic yarn (Which single strands could hold together sections of a planet, essentially giving patch land the GBE of a planet? I guess) to create a bunch of monsters for whatever his scheme was. He may even be as low as 6-B because Dream Land in its entirety (Of which Yin-Yarn turned into yarn) dwarfed Patch Land. (Still unsure of the exact tier placement, though.)

Then there's the Dream Land series where Kirby is most consistently displayed at 5-A due to scaling from the Dark Matter soldiers, who could possess entire planets.

So I think Kirby's profile should be something like this:

At least 6-B (Kirby's Epic Yarn) | Likely 5-A (Dream Land Series) | At least 4-A, higher with super abilities

Back