• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SCP God-Tier Revisions, Part ╬ÿ'-4 ÒÇîUpgradesÒÇì

I think we discussed that tale on the discord and debunked a lot of the dimensionality stuff, if memory serves right.

Just finished reading The Stars Do Not Wait For You, nothing about transcending the concept of dimensions.

There is actually Paradigm Shift where there a statement of space and time being meaningless concepts

Transcending concepts in the new Tiering System isn't worth much of anything by itself without further context.

Ah So would the almighty be included in the 1A upgrades? Also Weekly the manged to (somehow) seal the true form of The prime materia Not sure if that would be enough to give the brothers a boost tho

just curious, SCP-682 is getting 1-A Immortality, does that mean SCP-001-EX have 1-A immortality negation or somekind like that..?

Wardokman69 said:
just curious, SCP-682 is getting 1-A Immortality, does that mean SCP-001-EX have 1-A immortality negation or somekind like that..?
Since the immortality's not combat applicable, I think it's safer to assume that SCP-001-EX didn't nullify it. It doesn't necessarily null everything about a character, just makes it so that their anomalous stuff stops being an issue.

AuruilImperator said:
With the latest tale in the Antimemetics Division hub, it should be possible to scale 3125 as it stands.
I haven't read it yet, can you give me a quick rundown of why 3125 would scale?

Agnaa said:
AuruilImperator said:
With the latest tale in the Antimemetics Division hub, it should be possible to scale 3125 as it stands.
I haven't read it yet, can you give me a quick rundown of why 3125 would scale?
In Wild Light, the latest tale, Bartholomew Hughes posits (or posited, as it was over the course of multiple discussions) that 3125 is much greater in reach than previously suspected.

>"Allow me to quote your own words to you: 'SCP-3125 represents an omniversal-scale threat. It threatens neighbouring realities to ours. It threatens microverses within our macroverse. It threatens universes which embed ours as fiction—'"

All of this alone means we can scale it, but that last bit is particularly interesting. That last part is a pretty clear and blatant reference to those running and viewing the site, aka the Swann entities. It essentially means 3125 is just as much a threat to them as it is everything else.

The tale also states that the end goal is to try and take out 3125 by manufacturing a larger countermeme to 'devour' it, but the info they were running on when they made the plan is explicitly more than a little faulty, and there's a fair chance that it outright doesn't work. And if it does work, it's pretty much suicide for all of human ideatic space.

I'd need to look into that, because if other god-tiers end up scaling to 3125 that could result in circular scaling, so we'd probably need to discount it.

As Weekly said, nothing really scales to it. Like, most everything in the SCPverse regarding its godtiers generally agrees to leave it the hell alone. So it should be fine.

Should be good, I'm fine with 3125 moving to 1-A. But I won't be able to read that tale and the series surrounding it for another day or two.

Also, funnily enough, I think 2747's the only thing that scales to 3125, and we already have it well into 1-A.

Alright, before we get all giddy about 1-A 3125, we first need to establish antimemetics and Ara Orun. Considering both the former and the latter can resist 3125's mindhax I hope you guys all see the implications.

The way I see it, this could either mean antimemetics can resist 1-A mind hax and Ara Orun are outerversal concepts, or 3125 is severely nerfed when intersecting with our reality.

We have evidence that antimemetics can resist 1-A mindhax in the form of that one article where Swann erases the entire SCP and everyone involved in it and a researcher who took antimemetics retained his consciousness.

So I hope everyone considers this carefully before we apply the change.

Sir Ovens said:
Alright, before we get all giddy about 1-A 3125, we first need to establish antimemetics and Ara Orun. Considering both the former and the latter can resist 3125's mindhax I hope you guys all see the implications.
The way I see it, this could either mean antimemetics can resist 1-A mind hax and Ara Orun are outerversal concepts, or 3125 is severely nerfed when intersecting with our reality.

We have evidence that antimemetics can resist 1-A mindhax in the form of that one article where Swann erases the entire SCP and everyone involved in it and a researcher who took antimemetics retained his consciousness.

So I hope everyone considers this carefully before we apply the change.
Unthreaded literally features all of Ara Orun ******* dying horribly, so this logic doesn't hold up. The instant 3125 actually started to fully manifest, they were pretty explicitly ******. Even Red, its basic 'human' mouthpiece, could casually murder them.

Much the same applies for the Antimemetics. Wild Light even outright features their antimemetics stuff flat out failing to counter it, with their 'germs' actually getting subverted very quickly and one of their own being under 3125's sway for the entire duration of the tale. The only thing that is shown to definitively prevent 3125 from taking root (regular amnestics/mnestics leave way too much open for you to stumble on info and die) are Class Z mnestics, which are literal suicide for human consciousness.

It's less it's "nerfed", and more we've only been seeing a tiny facet of 3125 engaging the Foundation at any one point.

He literally replied 22 minutes ago, you didn't have to bump the thread

@Wardokman69 I've had other people say that 3004 should scale to narratives, but nothing presented thus far has convinced me.

Does 3125 scale to anything besides 2747, firstly?

And I mean, perhaps it wasn't describing 3125 being a 'threat' as in capable of destroying those universes, but rather transmitting memes/antimemes to those universes? Which would just mean that it can affect higher narratives, but not necessarily create-destroy them, the latter of which is needed for higher tiering.

As for who scale to 3125 aside from the 2747 there is the remaining 5 gods of the Second Hythoth But they are dead sooo...

3125 and 2747 aren't anything relating to either of the Hytoths. The Koru-teusa are pretty much all dead, and anything else from the First Hytoth is similarly dead or irrelevant. They wouldn't scale at all.

Maybe you could make an argument for Aiv-Zon, but we don't know shit about it. And it's unlikely to be as big a threat as 3125 is, anyhow.

I mean it's implied SCP-3125 killed the Holy 5th god of the CoTSH:

"A master of psionics that all the worlds forgot. From their body stretched a fifth arm of psychic radiance, blinding the minds that witnessed it and were touched by Nesren-leusan's thoughtforms. Despite their skill, at a point thousands of years ago information on them lessened, and Ortothans, now spread thin across the cosmos, without realizing what was happening forgot Nesren-leusan existed. When it was remembered all panicked attempts to resume bloodletting to the Holy Fifth failed; the rituals did not transfer the blood. There was no target for it to be sent.

The common belief is that the Fifth encountered 'something.' Something that made the world forget, made the world believe they need not sacrifice their blood for a fifth god, made the universe pass them by as they bled out and withered into nothingness. It is a belief, though. The true story is yet to be uncovered."

The Number 5 seemingly belongs to one god, and one god alone.

Back