• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SCP-173 Revision

QrowBarr

They/Them
VS Battles
Content Moderator
So, I've made a revised profile for SCP-173, and I've asked 2 knowledgeable members to give their thoughts on this. They said they're fine with this, and that I should make a CTR thread.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Steven_Pogi_Paitao/SCP_Stuff

Notable Changes: Addition of High 8-C key.

• Separation of abilities (First key is only superhuman physical characteristics, while the second has the other ones)
  • Slight justifications of 9-B (Sending trees and cars flying)
  • Removing the 'Struggles to fight beings much larger than itself', as it has other ways to attack.
  • Boosted intelligence to Above Average
  • Power Nullification for The Koitern.
Thoughts?

Okay, since SCP Illustrated doesn't consider this an official entry I'll remove it.

So what's your thoughts?

Nah, their official policy is that the SCPverse has multitudes of canons. Since the author doesn't consider this canon it won't be added.

SCP has canon

the tale about 173 killing 096 was stated directly by the author to just be a story for fun and not a canon tale

I'm not familiar with 173, so I can't comment on the actual changes.

Aside from one or two minor formatting things, it seems like a good idea to separate the profile into several keys.

173 can still get damaged though, and Agnaa disagrees with 3-D powernull.

I don't think either of those two cases should could

1th case: There was a Scranton Reality Anchor, which i think worked even on SCP-239, and it's clear PIS, as regular human was able to shatter with an hammer something that tanks P-90 bullets and is physically superior to base SCP-682

2nd case: How's that even closely considerable as canon ? That's basically a re-write of 173's profile and a shitty one at that since it feels like it was only made to extremely wank him and all the new stuff was just put in as an addendum without editing his description, containement procedure or object class.

Iirc SRAs only use is for reality-warpers, which 173 isn't one (I don't even know why it was used in that). The only instance where a P90 was directed to SCP-173 is here, and the game isn't canon.

If that's the case, why do we still use it on its profile? (referring to the duplication power)

Honestly, I feel like it would be best to merge its first key with other 9-B stuffs that contradict High 8-C.

i think the only reasonable explamation for using the SRA is that 173's power null is actually a thing, so they needed to shut it off to kil him, and if i remember corretly SRA don't only affect reality warping, but a majority of all supernatural powers. And if the only istance of tanking P-90 fire is from a non-canon game it should be removed from it's profile

and i honestly dunno why the duplication is on it's profile.

I think it would be best if we ask Weeky about this, since he is the one who added most of 173's hax.

Overlord775 said:
2nd case: How's that even closely considerable as canon ? That's basically a re-write of 173's profile and a shitty one at that since it feels like it was only made to extremely wank him and all the new stuff was just put in as an addendum without editing his description, containement procedure or object class.
If that page isn't canon then 173 loses duplication.

It doesn't matter if it's a rewrite, it's canonically a revised entry after later developments. It doesn't matter if you think it's shitty or if you think it was written to wank, it's still a canon page on the website.

(Forgot about this sorry)

Everything but the duplication seems good to me [Didnt notice the Duplication before].

I agree with 173 having a High 8-C key and being High Hypersonic, but i don't know about the rest, when i have time, i'm gonna read everything and give my thoughts

Not sure if "Those Who Lived On" is canon though. I think it was stated that in order for it to be part of the canon hub, it has to be written by at least more than one author.

Is SCP-173's reasoning of being High 8-C only being his fight with 682? Because if that's the case it shouldn't really apply as a singular feat due to being an outlier.

Overall everything else is alright on my part.

Have you read my blog post? I've made a seperate key for 173.

Yeah I read it.

I'm sure 173 has some degree of Stealth Mastery as well, since it's mostly been seen with him being able to snap necks via ambush and surprise.

Which one? Duke 'till Dawn is considered extended canon for Kondraki, I believe. So is 682's termination log and revised entry. If the above applies, it should also for 173.

Kinda off topic but someone should unlock SCP-001's profile/add the powers i listed, the proposed Abilities have been acepted by 2 staff members too just waiting in limbo for someone to add

Back