• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Complaining about Series 1 SCP Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saikou_The_Lewd_King

The King of all Things Lewd
VS Battles
Retired
A lot of the Series 1 low tier SCPs are bad on some level. I want to end this. Partially because I missed a ton of CRTs but:

Yeah I kinda missed the initial CRT but this rating needs to go.

First of all the calc is bad. It assumes that SCP-096 moved the Sun as the same speed it took for SCP-096 to reach the Sun by jumping towards it, with no reason at all to assume that. I hope I don't have to explain that this isn't proper.

For a refresher, the feat involves the following:

-A D-Class which has seen SCP-096's face is thrown towards the Sun.

-SCP-096 "takes off like a rocket" toward the Sun in order to catch the D-Class

-SCP-096 takes over two years to reach the Sun

-Some time after 096 fell into the Sun, they had another D-Class on Earth look at its face

-Three weeks later, they noticed that the Earth's orbit began to decay, with them clarifying that this is due to the Sun moving closer to Earth. The implications are that this is due to SCP-096

As you can see there is no reason to apply SCP-096's speeds to reach the Sun to the Sun movement itself. It's like applying a character's top speed to a random pushing feat they did. The actual way to calc this would be figuring out the minimum distance required for the Sun to mess up with the Earth's orbit significantly, and apply this distance to the three weeks timeframe.

But none of this matters because it's an outlier. If you apply this 5-A AP to SCP-096's regular AP (which you should, given how SCP-096 is always bloodlusted when triggered), then this means SCP-096's flesh is 5-A (As it doesn't destroy its own body with every blow). Which means that everything that scales to it directly or indirectly (including regular guns, SCP-682, SCP-173, SCP-106, SCP-076, that fox lady, etc.) is now 5-A. Which is of course completely absurd, as most of those characters are regularly harmed by gunfires and struggle with the containment put in place by the Foundation. So this is completely impossible.

Even if you want to only apply this to SCP-096's bones and some weird bones-only AP application (which makes no sense as explained above), this still scales to SCP-173, who broke its bones and killed it. And SCP-173 just... can't be 5-A either. The thing is literally contained in a normal containment unit where it's left unobserved. I know some say SCP-173 somehow ignored durability but as I'll show later that's just false either.

So the SCP-096 5-A feat needs to go. Even if it's recalced, if it's anywhere near 5-A it's not useable.

Other abilities also need to be removed.

Statistics Amplification is based on this scan. Which just... doesn't work. It simply states that SCP-096's speed depends on the distance from its victim. The more sane interpretation would that SCP-096 simply goes faster if its target is far away. Not that its speed gradually increases or anything. Nothing else indicates that this is what is happening.

Invulnerability should go. High durability isn't Invulnerability anymore, and nothing implies its bones are durable for any specific reasons other than "they're strong".

The Type 8 Immortality and Acausality both hella need to go. I'll just repeat what I said in the attempt at adding it that happened a while ago. This isn't an ability of SCP-096, this is just a property of the universe. In this Canon, the universe prevents the status quo from changing too much by preventing big events. This same phenomenon also prevents SCP-096 from breaching, so it's not just a power-up. And this effect existing on the universe is contradicted by every single SCP stories where things happen. Which is most of them. So at best, only this specific canon of SCP-096 would get the ability. But again it's not even its own powers doing so. SCP-096 taken out of this universe loses this "power". It's not applicable for its profile.

Resistance to Mind Manipulation and Possession also needs to go. The very scan used says that 035 is unable to possess 096 because the latter is just endlessly trying to claw it off. Not because 096 resists the effect.

Resist to Acid shouldn't be removed, but the mention about 035 probably should be reworded? No reason to assume 096's skin resisted the acid, only its bones. So change it to that.

Also, if 5-A is gone, then SCP-096's bones durability might be upgraded to High 8-C in EU, since it took SCP-173 several hours to break them.

Finally, SCP-096's Article Canon Tier is bad. None of the feats there are 9-A, except maybe the Bathysphere one, but that would need to be calced. It's only a bunch of 9-B feats, as tearing through metal or opening up houses and planes isn't 9-A without further elaboration. Similarly, all of its durability feats are 9-B. Even the rifle it's scaled to is considered only 9-B on our profile. So Article Canon SCP-096 should only be "At least 9-B" and its EU key should be 9-A for scaling to other people (more on that later). Unless we get more calcs that confirm those feats as 9-A of course, but otherwise this should be 9-B.

SCP-173's turn. Not much here except the Power Nullification. The only valid Power Null feat is the Koitern preventing the apocalypse from hurting it feat. Destroying SCP-096's bones is like, hilariously not power nullification. Nothing in the tale even remotely implies that SCP-173 "nullified" any "power". It's not like 096's bones' durability is any power beyond being durable anyway, as I've explained in the above section.

The shit on shirt thing is more debatable but I doubt it's Power Null either. The shirts stopped working after being stained with SCP-173's shit and blood, but I don't think we should assume it's due to an inherent anomalous property of the shit. The text specifically says it was neutralized "after several weeks of wear", implying that the damage is what neutralized it, not the substance itself. And we know that those shirts only have anomalous properties when worn for their intended purpose. So them losing their anomalous properties when damaged beyond use isn't abnormal.

Either way SCP-173 "power nullifying" 096's bones is just, horribly false. Don't do that.

SCP-682 also has a base Article Canon AP issue. As in, its 9-A feat in AC is not 9-A. In its original article, SCP-682 is only ever mentioned to breach from its containment unit, with no real mentions as to how. Assuming that this means SCP-682 casually fragments its entire containment unit with a single attack is absurd. It should only be 9-B for the vague implications of it breaking through the metal of its containment unit. Its EU key would be scaled through other feats.

What do you know, 9-A is also bad here. Nowhere in the original article does it state that SCP-106 can melt an entire room with acid. And even then it's just... acid. Not Attack Potency. AC should be Unknown.

I'm also not... a fan of its EU keys. It's like his Pre-Transformation keys have just been fused together with its base EU key for no reason. If I'm being real, SCP-106's human keys (such as Dr. Scranton) should be removed and kept to their own profiles. It's just a mess to have all those stats on the same key. Like it's not even explained in the keys, I had to guess why 106 has like 3 different AP ratings. At the very least make them different keys, but those should just not be on the profile imo.

Also "Regeneration Negation" probably isn't right? SCP-173 only regenerates by putting its broken parts back together. It never generated more material. And SCP-106's method of attack was by degrading down SCP-173 through acid. I don't think 173 could have regenerated from that anyway. It's not really special regen negation, just 173's material being broken down too hard to just "put back together".

Its durability might be High 8-C, also? If we take SCP-173 being unable to kill it seriously, it should have High 8-C durability. Not AP though, since it seems to be a stone wall (correct me on this if I'm wrong).

And finally, Low 2-C 106 is kinda bad. With AC alone, it's too vague to claim Low 2-C as a thing. The Pocket Dimension's size is unknown, so manipulating its dimensions is not worth much. It should be Unknown. Maybe EU has more feats for it, but it should be separated from AC anyway.

Once again, 9-A is bad. SCP-035 has never been shown destroying an entire room with acid in AC. Hell, its original article even has the walls of its containment unit last for a long period of time even when fully bathed in acid. And as I've said with SCP-106, it's acid, not AP. Keep it at 10-C.

SCP-058 is not very important for scaling but its 9-A is still bad. All of the feats on its profile are... not 9-A feats. Destroying a lot of metal over a day isn't 9-A. Destroying cows isn't 9-A. Having a building fall on top of you isn't 9-A (And that's not even what the feat is). Having a tank roll over you isn't 9-A. It should be 9-B.

Now as a result of all this, you might notice that there is a problem. Namely, that there is no 9-A feat at all that scales to the big bad Series 1 SCPs anymore in AC. Which kinda leaves the very fate of 9-A in EU hanging by a thread. We do have a few feats which could save this, however:

-SCP-682 destroying a small skyscraper, unknown timeframe

-SCP-682 smashing and destroying buildings, unknown timeframe

-SCP-076 punching through three solid cubits of titanium, unknown timeframe

-SCP-076 bashing through five blast doors made out of titanium, unknown timeframe but likely done in one blow for each door

Now these kinda can't be calced easily, since the specifics and timeframes are unknown. But they're our best bet to keep 9-A alive in EU, otherwise everyone would be limited to 9-B. Preferably, the latter two 076 feats could be calced. We'd just need an assumption for the time frame. Notably, the fragmentation of 3 solid cubits of Titanium would actually be barely into 8-C (1445439600 joules, to be exact) according to our numbers. So it would take 076 having punched over 50 times for this feat to drop to 9-B, so it's probably reasonable for it to be in 9-A. But we'd need to agree on that.

tl;dr

096 loses 5-A, might gain High 8-C bones

Bunch of people lose a bunch of abilities

106 loses its human keys, or at least they're reworded, might gain High 8-C durability

AC loses all of its 9-As and we need a new 9-A feat

Is there no baseline we can assume it took for Able to bust through those doors? If only for a solid rating.

Everything else makes sense and I agree.

I mean the feats lack a timeframe regardless, though I suppose 9-B would be a minimum for that anyway. Not sure if we can get a 100% confirmed minimum value for them though, so I'd rather focus on the cubits of titanium feat.

I mean the absolute lowball assumes Able hit the wall over 50 times which would be a considerable effort that the text itself does not assume.

"Then he just swam up the shaft, bashed through each of the five blast doors (titanium, again), and fought his way through the surface outpost’s defences."

Not to mention this man punched plexiglass underwater. That is also a pretty good feat.

Wrong quote there Oven. The quote for the cubits of titanium feat (the one I mentioned the 50 punch thing) is this:

First, he had to punch his way through three solid cubits of titanium. That irritated him a little since back when he worked for Pandora’s Box it seemed like the researchers were always complaining about how their assistants kept insisting on using titanium for everything. ‘We’re on a budget here, concrete will do fine!’ they’d say. When it came to him though, apparently they could afford to make three cubit thick walls out of the stuff. He guessed it made a little bit of sense, since they knew he could tear through steel and it would have to be corrosion resistant since they were immersing it in sea water all the time, but it still pissed him off.

Once he did punch his way out of his titanium prison, he swam down the killing corridor whilst being electrocuted with 20 000 volts of electricity.

Which, yes, doesn't imply Able just, punched the wall for a minute straight either.

If you want an extreme lowball, Able does have a stated feat of how long he can hold his breath underwater before drowning iirc. You could just use that minus a few minutes since he most definitely got out before his drowning limit.

Where is the quote about 076's breath-holding time? It's not implied in the tale itself that he was about to run out of air so I'm hesitant to use it.

Wrong quote there Oven. The quote for the cubits of titanium feat (the one I mentioned the 50 punch thing) is this:

Which, yes, doesn't imply Able just, punched the wall for a minute straight either.
If you like I can grab the feats of him crumpling the door to his containment cell and 'shredding steel like spiderwebs'

Also 106should not in any way shape or form scale to 173, 173 repeatedly broke 106's bones during their interactions and it just regenerated but it happened enough times that 106 feared for its life

The thing is that when 173 was faced with 682, 173 didn't just break its bones one by one. It kinda mangled the lizard entirely. If SCP-173 failed to kill 106 at all despite having months to do, I think it's proof enough that 106 survived 173's blows. A High 8-C wouldn't have merely broken 106's bones one by one.

Plus AC already claims 106 to be immune to regular damage, so it being able to somewhat resist 173 isn't completely out there.

The thing is that when 173 was faced with 682, 173 didn't just break its bones one by one. It kinda mangled the lizard entirely. If SCP-173 failed to kill 106 at all despite having months to do, I think it's proof enough that 106 survived 173's blows. A High 8-C wouldn't have merely broken 106's bones one by one.

Plus AC already claims 106 to be immune to regular damage, so it being able to somewhat resist 173 isn't completely out there.
Having your bones repeatedly broken by your opponent and only being able to damage them through hax means your durability does not scale to them

For the pocket dimension thing, it's implied that SCP-3001 The Red Reality which is believed to be an infinitely extending parallel universe is presumed to be SCP-106's pocket dimension in Until Death, but I agree that it should be EU instead of AC.

And also SCP-096 would've survived the explosion of a plane counting its 9-A durability unless stated otherwise, we'd have to find a calc for surviving a 10,800-meter plane crash.

Yeah I have to agree with Weekly here on 106, it probably shouldn't scale to 173 in dura, since... why should we scale anyone to something that broke their bones?

Yeah I have to agree with Weekly here on 106, it probably shouldn't scale to 173 in dura, since... why should we scale anyone to something that broke their bones?
Plus 106 is selectively intangible meaning its telekinetic attacks would just pass through 106 and not deal any damage.

I suppose that can work too.

For the pocket dimension thing, it's implied that SCP-3001 The Red Reality which is believed to be an infinitely extending parallel universe is presumed to be SCP-106's pocket dimension in Until Death, but I agree that it should be EU instead of AC.

And also SCP-096 would've survived the explosion of a plane counting its 9-A durability unless stated otherwise, we'd have to find a calc for surviving a 10,800-meter plane crash.

SCP-3001 isn't Low 2-C. It's an absence of reality. There is nothing to manipulate there in the first place, let alone a Low 2-C amount of things.

And surviving a plane crash is absolutely not 9-A unless you're at the epicenter of an explosion destroying the entire plane. And given how the plane was simply described as having crashed, this is absolutely not the case.

Either way, I've calced SCP-076's two feats. A bit lower than expected, but 9-A is still pretty reasonable. An "At least 9-B, likely 9-A" rating might be ideal? Though we'd need this calc approved first.

If you like I can grab the feats of him crumpling the door to his containment cell and 'shredding steel like spiderwebs'

"He rose from the simple metal cot, his muscles and joints pliable and supple as if he had not spent several hours inert and motionless. He stalked over to the heavy blast door, a slab of gargantuan metal two feet thick and weighing three tons. He wrenched it aside with ease and a metallic screech of protest from its wheels, the weight of the barrier a more effective deterrent to invaders than any lock. No one but him could open it, as he had ripped the hydraulics out of the sides of it, the little people's fleeting strength no match for the sheer burden of his bedroom door."

"Angela started as Able suddenly started ripping segments of steel from the wall as he passed them by, shredding the hardened steel with his fingers as a child would a spiderweb, and casting them aside with errant, uncaring tosses."
It's in 076's article iirc

"Prior encounters have shown that SCP-076-2 has the ability to (among other things):

Survive for over one (1) hour deprived of oxygen before finally asphyxiating."

If it lacks a timeframe do we use baseline or calc the tier based on how tough the material is?
Can anyone answer my question here? It was in response to saikou’s reply

I mean the feats lack a timeframe regardless, though I suppose 9-B would be a minimum for that anyway. Not sure if we can get a 100% confirmed minimum value for them though, so I'd rather focus on the cubits of titanium feat.

SCP-3001 isn't Low 2-C. It's an absence of reality. There is nothing to manipulate there in the first place, let alone a Low 2-C amount of things.
There isn't exactly anything there to manipulate, Dr. Scranton said that there's still space-time to a limited extent.

Navigation is largely affected by… conscious impulses to travel in a certain direction. So, this definitely isn't a complete reality gap, at least according to mine and Anna's theories. If-if it were I wouldn't have been able to move at all, since space wouldn't have existed.

I should've realized that sooner when I was able to move in a flat plane to and from little red. It also explains why I'm not dead from dehydration or hunger yet, time barely passes in here. Okay yeah, so, I stood right next to little red, and went straight… "down." Okay, from here on out, imagine little red as the origin of a 3D space. I went straight… down, right, yeah, and then… and then I was then able to come back "up" to little red again. I've also been able to "fly" above red. Movement in here is slow, like I said, gel analogy, best I can describe it by.

Can anyone answer my question here? It was in response to saikou’s reply
Not even sure what you're trying to say. There is no "baseline" for such feats. Nor can you get a minimum value just from material alone.

There isn't exactly anything there to manipulate, Dr. Scranton said that there's still space-time to a limited extent.
That's still not an infinite amount of corridors or whatever. It's still not enough to assume Low 2-C SCP-106.

That's still not an infinite amount of corridors or whatever. It's still not enough to assume Low 2-C SCP-106.
106 is already mentioned to control space and time in its pocket dimension so it should add to the sort of claim.

And surviving a plane crash is absolutely not 9-A unless you're at the epicenter of an explosion destroying the entire plane. And given how the plane was simply described as having crashed, this is absolutely not the case.
096 would already presume to be in the plane at that point

Last edited:
That doesn't mean anything though. "Controlling space and time" isn't any tier without any statement about the range and scope. It's not even a supporting feat for anything.

That doesn't mean anything though. "Controlling space and time" isn't any tier without any statement about the range and scope. It's not even a supporting feat for anything.
Yeah but the mention of limited space-time in SCP-3001 and it being called an infinitely expanding parallel universe should add to that claim.

It doesn't, no. The original article simply states SCP-106 has control over the space-time of its pocket dimension. Manipulating SCP-3001 isn't worth anything considering how empty it is. And SCP-106's pocket dimension does have matter and stuff in it. So either way it can't be all of SCP-3001, only a part of it. A part which has no reason to be infinite.

Well preferably we'd need the calc approved by more than just bot-speak Ant before we do anything.

Also no Gravity Manip.

There is no reason to assume it's Gravity Manip.

And if it's through physical strength, it's an outlier.

We're not giving it Gravity Manip as a consolation prize, that's not really how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back