• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
> Shoot it at something and it is destroyed.

Yes, but the explosion is dependent on the size of the target. Compare Thanos destroying the ship to leveling the surface of a moon

> The fact that the Celestials, who aren't Planet-sized, considered it a powerful weapon above themselves is worth considering.

The Celestials have no feats in the MCU, and of course its a good weapon since it can instantly wipe out planets and would be far more effective on them since they're huge. If a standard beam targeting a human is High 6-B then Imagine what a Celestial sized beam would do to them.

What high 5A did the Celestials do in GotG2? Or do you mean Ego's planet thing? Ego would probably find the Power Stone more useful for destroying stuff than his 5A thing as its a lot easier to do since the requirement is just tapping the surface of a world.

But ultimately your point doesn't detract from Gamora's statement about [being directly related to power].

"The bigger the target the bigger the power surge."

I'm pretty sure i saw Cull Obsidian pin down the same shield that blocked the powerstone blast and in the movie you can see smaller blasts from the stone are of lower power level otherwise Cap,Drax,Nebula and Quill would be obliterated(which proves it doesn't ignore durability) also consistent with Bigger target more power statement) also why would Thanos need to throw the moon if he could blast everyone? It's just the stone's power varies on target. Also Thanos didn't put that much effort into blasting IM

Cull didn't make any scratch to the shield, at all.

The Power Stone make shockwaves, that while those didn't obliterated the characters, they still one-shot them.

He didn't throuw the moon, he destroyed the surface of the moon and throuw the debris towards the planet to get rid of the team.

He actually put effort into blasting IM, he just destroyed half the armor once he got a direct hit of him.

Fodders getting hit and not being dead just proves that Thanos was holding back or the power depends upon size of target target. Why throw chunks of the moon when you can just kill everyone?

Also not every blast from the MCU character=his full strength. Otherwise Strange should be 2C for blocking some blasts from Dormammu or Drax being 6B for piercing through strange's shield with his knives

No, Thanos was not holding back at all, he was going to kill Peter, Strange and Tony once he got the chance to do it, he just KO everyone else as they were just annoying him as he primary goal was to get with Strange.

"Why X character doesn't use his most powerfull abilitie to get the job done already?" That has a obvious answer my dude, which is CIS/PIS.

Dormamu casually destroyed Strange who knows how many times, and Drax piercing his shields is an outlier.

Dormammu killing strange many times doesn't change the fact that he blocked some of his attack and a big blast for few seconds

Thanos wasn't seemingly trying to kill anybody except Tony otherwise he would have killed the fodders who were right in front of him and if it's regarded as PIS why not the same for IM. Also find ut wierd that only his shield his 5A while it's made and formed from the same stuff as his entire suit

Also if using the argument that every attack from a character is the same level as his full AP why not make DCEU WW high 6A since she tanked a headbutt from no hold back Supes and gave him one back? Steppenwolf also tanked 3 punches,and a heat vision to the face but it doesn't make him high 6A or even close to that

Strange barely manage to block the attack, he endure a couple of seconds and later was incinerated.

Did you even saw the movie? He was going to kill Strange once he noticed that he didn't had the Time Stone, he was going to kill both him and Peter but Nebula distratect him, he was going to Quill but the asshole escaped from him, he was going to kill Tony and everyone by sending parts of the moon but IM survived and the rest were saved by Peter.

He got strange in his hands and didn't kill and just threw him aside,Drax was in his legs and didn't kill him, he just pinned them down when Drax,Peter and Nebula were coming towards him while he could've killed them with more powerful blast, peter was coming for him and he teleported away, he just smacked away all the avengers on wakanda. His objective was to just collect the stones and bring balance so he won't necessarily kill everyone he sees and also why throw the parts of moon when you could easily obliterated them with a blast. There's no proof that every blast from the power stone is 5A while there is counter proof that the power depends upon size of target

Tony blocked the attack for a few second and moved away while strange blocked but couldn't move

Doctor Strange blocking attacks from Dormammu, a 2-C being, is an obvious outlier.

You admit Thanos was trying to kill Tony therefore likely to use the full power of the Stone. But you have a point, I find it a bit weird too.

Wonder Woman's headbutt only slightly staggered Superman. Wonder Woman is not High 6-A, nor is Steppenwolf, due to it causes circular scaling.

Ssr4vegito said:
He got strange in his hands and didn't kill and just threw him aside,Drax was in his legs and didn't kill him, he just pinned them down when Drax,Peter and Nebula were coming towards him while he could've killed them with more powerful blast, peter was coming for him and he teleported away, he just smacked away all the avengers on wakanda. His objective was to just collect the stones and bring balance so he won't necessarily kill everyone he sees and also why throw the parts of moon when you could easily obliterated them with a blast. There's no proof that every blast from the power stone is 5A while there is counter proof that the power depends upon size of target
Tony blocked the attack for a few second and moved away while strange blocked but couldn't move
I honestly don't care about the others but Thanos was trying to kill Tony. Also why generate a shield if your armour can block the blast?

>He got strange in his hands and didn't kill and just threw him aside

And later was going to blast him but Tony stopped him.

>Drax was in his legs and didn't kill him

Was going to but the others stopped him.

>peter was coming for him and he teleported away

While Thanos was trying to blast him.

>also why throw the parts of moon when you could easily obliterated them with a blast

"Why X character doesn't use his most powerfull abilitie to get the job done already?" I already answer you that.

Tony blocked the attack for a couple of seconds and moved away and and hit Tony with at least 2 blasts from the stone also if strange's one is an outlier why not Tony's who clearly has no 5A feats and the shield is made of the same material as his full body suit and powered by the same arc reactor

I have no problem with full 5A IM

WW still staggered Supes but the high 6A Old Gods will probably come full circle in Aquaman or Shazam and i'm gonna make revisions that'll likely downgrade WW and others to 6C

Pulling a moon is like, cooler.

Thanos was obviously overwhelmed by their combined efforts on Titan. Yes, he doesn't have to kill everyone and he wants balance, but he'll kill everyone for balance. In the Wakanda scene he was not overwhelmed, so he didn't kill.

Ssr4vegito said:
Tony blocked the attack for a couple of seconds and moved away and and hit Tony with at least 2 blasts from the stone also if strange's one is an outlier why not Tony's who clearly has no 5A feats and the shield is made of the same material as his full body suit and powered by the same arc reactor
I have no problem with full 5A IM

WW still staggered Supes but the high 6A Old Gods will probably come full circle in Aquaman or Shazam and i'm gonna make revisions that'll likely downgrade WW and others to 6C
Staggering =/= fully scales, and it's a circular scaling so it can't be applied.

I'm also fine with 5-A high tiers, however it makes no sense that Iron Man makes a shield to shield from something he can tank.

Tbh I was always iffy about his 5-A shield, if it were made from something that is not part of him (Let's say, a forcefield) It would make more sense.

@Newendigo

It was not known what he was gonna do to Strange. He just lifted his but Tony attacked him also why blast and kill the only person who has the time stone

Doesnt change that he still got a clear shot at 3 of then but didn't kill them

Thanos wasn't trying to blast Quill. He got the time stone and teleported away while quill was attacking him

Thanos not using his best abilities isn't PIS when it has never shown that the stone can generate 5A blasts in smaller forms and also the statement of bigger target bigger power

If shield logic applies the WW should get downgraded as she fought Doomsday with only shield and Sword. She never fought him physically

>It was not known what he was gonna do to Strange. He just lifted his but Tony attacked him also why blast and kill the only person who has the time stone

And what you believe he was going to do? Make a pizza? What else he would do after realizing that this battle was worthless because the dude didn't had the Time Stone?

>Doesnt change that he still got a clear shot at 3 of then but didn't kill them

So every single time that a character casually blows away people with their mere shockwaves means that they are not that powerful because they don't kill them? Guess that we have to downgrade Kill La Kill and OPM.

>Thanos wasn't trying to blast Quill. He got the time stone and teleported away while quill was attacking him

Wrong scene, he was trying to blast Quill but the dude escaped through a portal of Strange.

Yes, it was a power-stone-powered-punch from Thanos which left the suit half destroyed, and so weakened that Thanos trash it with a slap later.

I already said that I'm doutbful of the 5-A shield.

Looking closely that wasn't a punch it's a blast and the armor was only slightly damaged(a part of head piece,arm and leg) and was regenerating

1) He has the reality and soul and space gem in his hand he could've did done anything

2) if he wanna kill them why doesn't he blast them right there when he has a clear shot? Also that wasn't a shockwave that was clear blast from the stone

3) looks we misinterpreted scenes. I was talking about the final one with quill

I feel like we've lost topic. The thread was about Scarlet Witch and she's been downgraded. The Iron Man and Strange stuff probably belongs to another CRT and this one should be closed.

Okay.

While the 5-A thing might be out, I think that she could be High 6-B by scaling with IM, since Thanos had to put a lot more effort on blocking her attack than with Tony in Titan as it can be see here (Skip to 5:20).

He blocked it with the Space Stone which doesn't have a 5-A feat and destroyed the Mind Stone, which has a 7-B statement and 7-A scaling. So while pushing Thanos is good enough reasoning I don't think Mind Stone scaling is.

Rewatched the clip, you really can't tell what Stone was glowing when Thanos uses the gauntlet, but when the scene changes to the Moon's surface it seems both purple and blue. Can't really tell.

Actually thanos used both stones Power stone surface bust the moon(which is it's property) and space stone to teleport the meteors. Space stone hasn't ever shown to bust a planet

What happened (as far as I can tell) is that the Power Stone cracked the moon's surface, and the Space Stone warped the fragments of the moon to Titan's surface.

EDIT: Wave of purple energy goes around the moon to break it, followed by a wave of blue energy that picks up the debris and warps it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back