• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get why you assume one Stone is so much more powerful than the rest, when we know that's not the case. The Reality Stone can destroy planets also, whilst the Space Stone's mere container is High 6-B.

I don't get why we would assume they are all equal in AP. One is called power stone for a reason.

The reality stone has not destroyed a planet, iirc. Only that it has limited area of influence, hence for the need for the Convergence.

Wasn't it just going to make the nine worlds dark? / Restore darkness to the Universe?

How was it going to destroy the nine worlds? Slowly bit by bit? All in one go? Per planet? It is an unknown.

The reality stone was going to cover the nine worlds in eternal darkness not destroy it. That's reality warping or darkness manipulation

It is an unknown. It was going to do so to all worlds at once. It has the power to destroy the nine worlds / remake them into dark matter.

Reality Warping can be used for Tiers.

But how long would it take? Does time not factor into haxx? Would destroying the planet by one country per hour still be planet busting?

Also, if what SSr4Vegito said is true, then it's not even matter conversion.

If it's just converting them into dark matter, then that's not destruction.

So if every stone is rated 5A then

Vision should be 5A with mind stone blast

Ultron should be 5A for tanking the mind stone blast,lot of others scale from him

Corvus' weapon would be 5A(deflected mind stone blast)

Thor(TDW) should be 5A for shattering the either

Rating every stone the same without any proof would cause massive scaling problem

Every stone does not have the same AP, nor does every stone has the same hax or property. Different stones should be treated differently.

Power stone specializes in power. Reality stone has reality warping properties. Time stone has time hax. And so on. There is no evidence that these stones have similar AP.

Literally never have been my argument. Power Stone and Reality Stone have similar AP, and specially when used in conjunction with one another through the Gauntlet, which becomes more than the sum of its parts as Stones are added to it, they should be comparable.

The fact that they have the same origin, power source and functionality makes it doubtful that any one is much different from the other.

But they are different. That's the whole point of having different stones. They fulfill different requirements with their unique properties. If Reality stone has shown the same AP as the Power stone then it's okay. If any stone shows the same AP as any other stone then it's perfectly fine.

But we can't assume the Power stone will start manipulating reality or time. Neither can we say that the Space stone has the same AP as the soul stone or Power stone, especially when it is the Power stone which is supposed to specialize in that area. If every stone had equal AP, then there would be no need of the Power stone. All I'm saying is that we need ample evidence before scaling different stones.

I agree. Also if every stone was 5-A we'd need to scale up everyone since Thor shattered the Reality Stone and people can fight Vision. Scarlet Witch being High 6-B is reasonable since we scale her to Thanos. Scaling her to 5-A because of the mind stone is just wrong imo. Unless she affects the Reality or Power Stone I think she shouldn't be that high.

Rewatched the clip, you really can't tell what Stone was glowing when Thanos uses the gauntlet, but when the scene changes to the Moon's surface it seems both purple and blue. Can't really tell.

He uses the space and power stone in conjunction. The space stone either warps or extends the range of the power stone which splits the moon. Then the space stone dragged the fragments to Titan. Using the "Area pulled = size of Iron Man's meteor" I got it at Low 5-B.

No we wouldn't scale everyone to 5-A just because they can use a Stone. Thanos definitely applies, as does Thor and Strange at the least.

What @Ricsi-viragosi. According to the Dark World guidebook Thor shattered the stone and it only reformed when Malekith assembled all the pieces again. I don't support the 5-A rating for anyone but Thanos really, and even then only if he targets a planetary sized object.

What if in A4 Captain Marvel(who is amsaid to be able to move planets) fights Thanos and he tanks most of her hits,keeps up with her or atleast harm her would he physically be rated tier 5? I'm just curious

Ssr4vegito said:
What if in A4 Captain Marvel(who is amsaid to be able to move planets) fights Thanos and he tanks most of her hits,keeps up with her or atleast harm her would he physically be rated tier 5? I'm just curious
What's the context of that?

Because I doubt a statement alone is enough

> What's the context of that?

Kevin Feige (or whatever the head guy of the MCU's name is) has made multiple statements about MCU Captain Marvel being able to move moons or something

> I have already explained it that the whole "Only Tier 5 when hitting planets" is a headcanon.

How is it head canon? Gamora explains it very simply. Bigger target = Bigger Power surge.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Matthew Schroeder said:
I have already explained it that the whole "Only Tier 5 when hitting planets" is a headcanon.
And we disagreed with you.
You may disagree, but the implication of the quote does not correlate to your interpretation of it.

The only thing that Gamora says is that a bigger target = a bigger destruction, because the Power Stone can destroy "anything", at least it was treated as such in Guardians. If it hits a person it will destroy them, same thing with a ship, a building, or a planet. That doesn't mean the smaller targets receive less power. that's the problematic interpretation.

Matthew Schroeder said:
The only thing that Gamora says is that a bigger target = a bigger destruction, because the Power Stone can destroy "anything", at least it was treated as such in Guardians. If it hits a person it will destroy them, same thing with a ship, a building, or a planet. That doesn't mean the smaller targets receive less power. that's the problematic interpretation.
No.

She says power surge.

That was a quote

So your argument is that she didn't say that "The bigger the target, the bigger the power surge", but instead that the bigger the target, the bigger the destruction.

That is just false

Assuming all of the usages of the Power Stone are comparable to each other (and therefore planet-level) is ridiculous.

Thanos hit Quill, Nebula and Drax with a wave of energy from the Power Stone. Is Quill, a borderline ordinary Human planet level now? Is he comparable to Iron Man's shields?

That wave of energy was power null/sleep manip tho. It wasn't to destroy them at all.

Err, is there a source on that? It doesn't make a lot of sense for the Power Stone of all things to manipulate sleep. The Mind or Reality Stone I could see, yeah, but it seems just like he knocked them out with an energy blast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back