• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Therefir said:
There is something about Iron Man that doesn't make sense, currently his durability is "Large Planet level with Shields", but he was just using his nanomachines to create that shield (his entire suit is made of nanomachines), and Thanos can easily destroy Iron Man's suit with his punches, does that means that Thanos is Large Planet level with his punches? I don't think so.
There is also another scene in which Thanos hits Iron Man directly using the power stone, all this implies that the power of the stone actually varies.
Thanos was actually also able to move his arm when being bound by Doctor Strange's magic. As I said I have no problem with 5-A high tiers.

Overpowering Strange's hold would be lifting strength vs lifting, not AP vs AP I think.

Physicly restraining someone from moving is lifting strenght related.

There is a reason things like telekinesis need their own lifting strenght.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
Except telekinesis is pushing and pulling.
Restraining someone is not.
You realize that restraining someone needs lifting strenght right?

If you have higher AP, but lower lifting strenght you cannot restrain them, an exemple being the yang vs Fat Gum fight

None of them should be 5-A. If so that 5-A feat better be outlier. Thanos isn't using 5-A blasts with the stone when fighting ppl like strange etc.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Except telekinesis is pushing and pulling.
Restraining someone is not.
You realize that restraining someone needs lifting strenght right?
If you have higher AP, but lower lifting strenght you cannot restrain them, an exemple being the yang vs Fat Gum fight
The thickness of strings, number of strings and cross-section area also matters

Artemiisia-X said:
None of them should be 5-A. If so that 5-A feat better be outlier. Thanos isn't using 5-A blasts with the stone when fighting ppl like strange etc.
"Thanos isn't using 5-A blasts with the stone when fighting ppl like strange etc."

Except you provided no reasoning at all.

For what?

They didn't break, sure, but the thing that matters most is that he didn't get just thrown away, so he (that many clones at once at least) should have similiar lifting strenght.

Because how thick a string is won't have me contending with a peak human.

"Thanos isn't using 5-A blasts with the stone when fighting ppl like strange etc."

I also still didn't see the reasoning for those blasts to be 5-A beyond "your wrong".

Ricsi-viragosi said:

I also still didn't see the reasoning for those blasts to be 5-A beyond "your wrong".
1. Irrelevant

2. Pretty sure Matthew explained

They don't translate to lifting strength.
Yes, it does.

Its not linear, but the fact that a certain amount could hold thanos while he was pulling means that it translates to lfitng strenght.

2. Pretty sure Matthew explained
That's what I meant by the only reason being "your wrong".

He said it only refers to the amount of destruction, ignoring that the quote itself says power surge.

Yes, it does.

Its not linear, but the fact that a certain amount could hold thanos while he was pulling means that it translates to lfitng strenght.

Um what? Doctor Strange could have been stronger or weaker by an unknown amount depending on multiple factors.

I don't even know what's happening here anymore. This thread has been heavily derailed from its original topic and doesn't seem to go anywhere. It's also close to 350 replies.

I think it would probably be best if a new clean thread is created to sort out whatever problem there is.

Um what? Doctor Strange could have been stronger or weaker by an unknown amount depending on multiple factors.
Yes, but it still translates to lifting strenght to an extent, and if he were hundreds of times weaker he would have been flung away

Yes, but it still translates to lifting strenght to an extent, and if he were hundreds of times weaker he would have been flung away

It's probably in that range, yes, but we do not know how much. It could be a level lower or higher.

Anyway I agree with AKM sama.

So we need to start some clean, separate threads:

1. The Power Stone thing

2. Asgardian upgrade based on the ship calc

3. And idk what else people want to revise

Well, firstly, that counters your point of it having nothing to do with lifting strenght, and it could always be put as possibly, but even a thousent of it would be better than what he has.

But it should be further debated on another thread.

Well yeah I thought so initially but I realized it can be calculated (with some assumptions).

Yeah, we should make other threads.

@AKM sama or Gemmysaur or Matthew Schroeder Can you close this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back