• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What powers did they have to nullify?

And their movements stopping is accountable by the fact that they were just hit by an energy wave. And it was a temporary thing seeing as they got up in about ten minutes.

Damage3245 said:
Assuming all of the usages of the Power Stone are comparable to each other (and therefore planet-level) is ridiculous.
Thanos hit Quill, Nebula and Drax with a wave of energy from the Power Stone. Is Quill, a borderline ordinary Human planet level now? Is he comparable to Iron Man's shields?
False equivalency. He was clearly not trying with them. But against Strange and Iron Man? He was putting effort.

Matthew Schroeder said:
No it isn't. You're really overthinking this. It's just the matter that the Power Stone in Guardians is treated as a weapon that can basically destroy anything, from people, to ships, to planets, etc. It has that power. Shoot it at something and it is destroyed.
The fact that the Celestials, who aren't Planet-sized, considered it a powerful weapon above themselves is worth considering.
Like I said. The quote about target-size has nothing to do with a variable power.

Saying something doesn't make it true.

Why is her saying that the bigger the target, the bigger the energy surge, not related to it in any way?

Matthew Schroeder said:
False equivalency. He was clearly not trying with them. But against Strange and Iron Man? He was putting effort.
How exactly do you quantify how much effort Thanos is putting in to how much AP he is dealing out?

He could be 'putting in effort' against Iron Man by firing a 6-C energy beam, or a 6-A energy beam. How precisely do you tell the two of them apart?

If you look at Iron Man vs Thanos you'll see that Iron Man gave more difficulty to a Four-Stone Thanos than Hulk did to a Stoneless Thanos. Also he was the only one who actually hurt Thanos in his fight. Iron Man is likely High 6-B to a degree.

Speaking of which, isn't there a bit of circular reasoning going on with Hulk's profile?

Hulk: Staggered Thanos with his hits, but got stomped when the Titan started fighting seriously

Thanos: Took noticeably less damage from Post-Sakaar Hulk than Surtur did.

I am not sure if both of these justifications need to exist.

Damage3245 said:
Speaking of which, isn't there a bit of circular reasoning going on with Hulk's profile?
Hulk: Staggered Thanos with his hits, but got stomped when the Titan started fighting seriously

Thanos: Took noticeably less damage from Post-Sakaar Hulk than Surtur did.

I am not sure if both of these justifications need to exist.
Is it me or your pointing out circular reasoning for every verse?

Not saying that its wrong or bad, but still

If circular reasoning exists for every verse, then someone has to point it out, hahaha.

> Iron Man is likely High 6-B to a degree.

I agree. Strange, Iron Man, and Wanda are all High 6-B since they scale to Thanos. Them being 5-A is something I/we have issues with. The power stone's power varies and they weren't taking the full amount of energy as the flash back planet or the moon. Even Thor being 5-A is iffy to me, but its weirder for him since he overpowered all six stones at once.

Could be shortened to something like:

Thanos: Shrugged off blows from the Hulk

Hulk: Comparable to Awakened Thor

No need to add to the reasoning, stuff that make them sound like minor inconveniences.

Anyways, since the power stone varies, can we just have the AP calc of the meteor, apply it to Iron Man and then the power stone? With a "varies" indicated on the latter.

So are you suggesting that we downgrading Iron Man from High 6-B to 6-C?

Gemmy, Damage, Ricsi, Siguard, AKM, Artemiisia, Ssr4vegito, Newendigo, AnonymousBlank, and I all agree that it varies. As for non-varying Matt, The Wright Way, Eficiente and Spino (I think) are arguing against it.

Matthew Schroeder said:
If you look at Iron Man vs Thanos you'll see that Iron Man gave more difficulty to a Four-Stone Thanos than Hulk did to a Stoneless Thanos. Also he was the only one who actually hurt Thanos in his fight. Iron Man is likely High 6-B to a degree.
at least high-6b since he surpassed his durability by making him bleed. "likely" sounds lowball to me.

and thor also hurted him.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Most everyone I speak to outside this thread thinks it doesn't varies.
Ask them to come here and explain then, because saying "they disagree" is not how debates go

Qawsedf234 said:
So are you suggesting that we downgrading Iron Man from High 6-B to 6-C?
Why? He already showed to being to take way more physical punishment than both Hulk and Thor against Thanos.

If the power stone attack doesn't vary in power then make IM complete 5A as i have posted an image above of Iron Man taking one blast without a shield and that would make all high tiers 5A

I still don't see the counter to the stone changing depending size.

If she didn't say that the power surge increases, I could see it, but she did say that-

Even then, I don't see much of a reason to assume Thanos is using planet-destroying blasts on Iron Man during their fight.

He didn't seem to actually be putting in a huge amount of effort; even his physical punches were battering Iron Man and knocking him to the ground. If he wanted, he could have ended the battle in an instant but instead he was basically toying with him.

And about Dr. Strange blocking the power stone with his shields... wasn't he actually just sending the Power Stone's energy beam to the Mirror Dimension? Is there another instance of him blocking the Power Stone that I'm forgetting about?

Thanos was putting more effort in fighting IM than what he did with Hulk, Tony was getting removed most of the fight by Thanos, it was not until everyone was incap when he got a direct fight on him.

Strange blocked the PS, we see that when the beam clashes its energy disperses.

Are you sure? Because I just rewatched that clip and it looked like it was reflected through the facets of the Mirror Dimension.

I don't think we can actually treat it as him blocking the beam; more like him essentially opening a portal in front of the beam.

In Hulk's lifting strength we should mention that he staggered Surtur who is 4 km tall.

Dr Strange should have Class T lifting strength with magic for restraining Thanos

I don't think it's the gauntlet itself melting, looking more like the energy of Iron Man's beams failing to get through the shield Thanos creates.

There is something about Iron Man that doesn't make sense, currently his durability is "Large Planet level with Shields", but he was just using his nanomachines to create that shield (his entire suit is made of nanomachines), and Thanos can easily destroy Iron Man's suit with his punches, does that means that Thanos is Large Planet level with his punches? I don't think so.

There is also another scene in which Thanos hits Iron Man directly using the power stone, all this implies that the power of the stone actually varies.

Revan Laha said:
Screenshot 20180820-124618
What's that molten metal like thing dropping drom the Gauntlet?
Iron Man shoots plasma (the yellow sustained beams anyway, not the white bursts). It's bound to have some gunk or something, as his reactor had it too back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back