• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sans vs The Smoke Monster

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
2 beings who kill people who don't repent for their sins (Eko and Frisk) Speed equalized, as even if Smoke wasn't unknown, his highest is nowhere near relativistic, or even supersonic. Anyway, setup.

Sans is taking a shortcut to Grillby's, and mistakenly ends up on the island. He tries to leave, but cannot teleport for a reason he cannot figure out. He wanders around for a bit, seeing the remains of the DHARMA Initiative and trails of the Others, until he comes upon the remains of
Man-In-Black-icon
Sans render
a ship that's called the Black Rock, surrounded by a circle of black ash. He then hears the sound of machines around him as a black mist arises. Sans' eye flashes. One of them will have a bad time.

The Smoke Monster has way too much abilities over Sans, in speed equalized, Sans loses, pretty badly. Intangibility is a real problem for Sans. To me, it seems it's one-sided on both sides: Sans is at least Relativistic+ without it equalized, so that'd be a speed blitz. Equalized, the Smoke Monster stomps via er, 'Hax.'

Is the Smoke Monster formless or just immatirial? If it has a form, maby even one dimantion above Sans, Sns should be able to hit them. Sans is targeting one's essence, not their physical body.

Among the Smoke Monster's powers, the relevant ones are intangibility, shapeshifting, precognition and paralysing venom. Considering sans ignores turns, it is doubtful wheather paralysis would affect him. shapeshifting is too limited, and precognition is countered by Sans being able to predict Chara, who is either completely unpredictable or very close to it.

Sans is a very skilled fighter, and should be able to evade for long enough, which would make it inconclusive. Considering the Smoke Monster is only implied to be island level while is only proven to be wall level according to the wiki page, it is even possible that it would be unable to har Sans. In this case, Sans would be the one to stomp.

bump.

And @Sally Raven. It's actually more likely that he's tier 6 instead of implied. I should know. I made the page. Heck, just take a look at the profile pic.

I did take a look, and did not claim it was not likely for the Smoke Monster to be at the stated level. It says "at least wall level", and if this is the case, he would not be able to harm Sans. The listed justifications for island level are him being powered by the heart of the island, which does not directly relate to destructive capacity, and the results of his escape. Both are implications, even if likely ones.

It is more important to know wheter the Smoke monster is formless or immaterial.

Wait, I didn't state likely? I gotta change that. Thanks for checking that out. Thumbs up.

Yeah. The smoke monster is more formless than anything. I mean, he is called the SMOKE monster. He's made of a smoke-like substance.

You did state likely. I accept it. I only said it's based on implications rather than proof. It is a matter of semantics anyway, and i am probobaly at falt.

If it's intangibility is based on being smoke like, it is what i referred to as immaterial but not formless. It does have the form of smoke, that cannot be harmed by conventional means. If this is the case, Sans should be able to harm it. The question becomes, who would hit the other first. Since speed is equal in this fight, it is a matter of skill.

How skilled of a fighter is the Smoke Monster?

And is there a way to determined how useful it's precognition and mind reading are?

It would be very useful for it to know that the bones are dangerous to it's essence. I see it was harmed by dynamite, so is it fair to assume these are not very battle oriented?

Not really that skilled in its Smoke form.

Precog/mind reading could have him turn into Papyrus or Toriel or anyone in Sans' pictures to have him let his guard down.

He wasn't harmed by the dynamite. It just repels him. I don't know why, but then again, it's LOST, where nothing makes sense.

Not being skilled in smoke form is giving Sans the advantage. Another advantage i forgot about is that Sans seems to have a "first strike" like ability that might allow him to move first. Being able to take the form of Papyrus or Toriel is very important and could be a determining factor. However, Sans is very good at interpreting expressions and is able to judge your amount of LOVE, so he might see through the disguise.

Back