• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sans Intelligence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would this be an acceptable compromise solution here?

@Starter_Pack @Elizhaa @Eficiente @Phoenks
I still very much disagree for the plethora of reasons stated above, but hey, if that's what the staff want, then it ain't like I can do much about that.

I will just say this opens the gates for many characters to get the same treatment for things like analytical prediction. By this metric, anyone who can predict attacks via things like stance, expression, etc... Should also be "likely genius, possibly extraordinary genius" because such feats are vastly more impressive than Sans just predicting a specific death count.

🤷🏽‍♂️ I had thought the standards were higher than that.

If those characters have this much supporting evidence then yes I will upgrade them too. You are ignoring the other supporting facts on purpose which is obvious and quite weird.

I will just say this opens the gates for many characters to get the same treatment for things like analytical prediction. By this metric, anyone who can predict attacks via things like stance, expression, etc... Should also be "likely genius, possibly extraordinary genius" because such feats are vastly more impressive than Sans just predicting a specific death count.
Well there’s also the fact that he’s a scientist. Don’t act like there’s literally only one feat contributing to the rating.
And I’m also gonna keep bringing up the way you acted like Garou is a genius because of one of the worst analytical predictions I’ve ever seen

If those characters have this much supporting evidence then yes I will upgrade them too. You are ignoring the other supporting facts on purpose which is obvious and quite weird.
The other facts were thoroughly dissected by Topaz above, and got even your main debater, Rinn, to concede back to his current suggestion.

I don't appreciate how you tell me I'm ignoring anything when I've been countering everything you and everyone else has said from the VERY beginning.

Well there’s also the fact that he’s a scientist. Don’t act like there’s literally only one feat contributing to the rating.
And I’m also gonna keep bringing up the way you acted like Garou is a genius because of one of the worst analytical predictions I’ve ever seen
I don't know why you keep bringing that up. Garou blatantly can predict moves and did it against Tanktop Master like a few chapters after his introduction, and further explained it.

Just because he couldn't predict some luck god before he got interrupted doesn't make his prediction any less impressive.

Derailing, and you're not even correct, smh.

The other facts were thoroughly dissected by Topaz above, and got even your main debater, Rinn, to concede back to his current suggestion.
Which they still agree to give EG rating.
I don't appreciate how you tell me I'm ignoring anything when I've been countering everything you and everyone else has said from the VERY beginning.
I don’t appereciate how you tell the other Admins that they “ignore Topaz” to try to get them on your side with accusations, instead of understanding they have different opinions then you.

Which they still agree to give EG rating.

I don’t appereciate how you tell the other Admins that they “ignore Topaz” to try to get them on your side with accusations, instead of understanding they have different opinions then you.
I have every reason to believe that staff do not read every message on a thread.

It happens on many threads when staff simply glance over what they've been tagged to, considering they are tagged so often. You have way too much faith in staff if you think they always read everything. Especially when they only leave a simple reply to the post that @ed them, rather than engaging in the discussion further.

And so, it's perfectly reasonable for me to ask again if they have considered all the arguments at hand.

Besides, if you're so confident in your defense, then why do you feel so threatened by me asking them to read the counters? Makes you seem pretty insecure in your own arguments.

I have every reason to believe that staff do not read every message on a thread.

It happens on many threads when staff simply glance over what they've been tagged to, considering they are tagged so often. You have way too much faith in staff if you think they always read everything. Especially when they only leave a simple reply to the post that @ed them, rather than engaging in the discussion further.

And so, it's perfectly reasonable for me to ask again if they have considered all the arguments at hand.
Which means I can do the same to you and you have no right to go defensive about it. If you want to stab then stab yourself with the needle too

I am not threatened with shit this is about the IQ of a fictional skeleton its not that deep and no one actually cares about it enpugh to feel unsafe about it bruh. You literally did the same when I asked you to read the other side carefully 💀 Actual hypocrisy

I still very much disagree for the plethora of reasons stated above, but hey, if that's what the staff want, then it ain't like I can do much about that.

🤷🏽‍♂️ I had thought the standards were higher than that.
Well, giving Sans "At least Gifted, likely Genius" intelligence plus analytical prediction might also work.

It's more like an analytical retrocognition rather than prediction, since he's accurately guessing what happened in the "past" (the timelines before).

I am just mentioning that most analytical prediction abilities are a lot more impressive. Predicting exact movements before they happen and whatnot is much better than just predicting the amount of times someone killed you/you killed someone in the past.

But anyway, I'd be fine with adding something like retrocognition to the page... Something along the lines of this?

"Sans can decipher facial expressions with enough depth to accurately estimate exactly how many times he's killed the player in previous timelines."

Last edited:
I am just mentioning that most analytical prediction abilities are a lot more impressive. Predicting exact movements before they happen and whatnot is much better than just predicting the amount of times someone killed you/you killed someone in the past.
I mean he's also capable of knowing when you get dunked, and also when you reload after killing him to fight him again
he also planned ahead to land a quick shot at the player by interrupting his opening monologue early after the 1st kill, which is pretty smart
so it's really more impressive than just plain old analytical prediction overall, especially since it happened in another timeline, so the absolute only thing left from it would be frisk's own thoughts.

also, all this is within the few seconds of sans, who should otherwise be completely oblivious, seeing frisk walk up to him from the save point

Eh I get where you're going 100% but it's iffy because Sans has never actually predicted anything before. He is crazy analytical and clearly possesses a vaguely superhuman level understanding and application of psychology, but he's never used those abilities to predict that someone is going to do something at any point, just that something HAS happened.

It is a popular theory that Sans is so good at analyzing, that he is actually not fast but simply knows how Frisk is going to attack so perfectly, he can dodge anyways, but it's completely unsupported.

Edit: Others have recommended analytical retrocognition, which makes more sense, though I still have a hard time agreeing as it's very different from being able to "perceive" the past. He's just making an absurdly accurate guess by facial expressions. I don't think that could be listed as an ability by any of the actually defined and listed abilities on the site.

what are your thoughts on the strange machine as a whole? Regardless of the other subjects, I believe it can be agreed that Sans built it himself using blueprints made by another?
I agree that Sans built it, or at least was involved in it's construction, but without knowing what it does, it's not a particularly strong evidence as it's an ambiguous engeneering feat, which does not add up to the other evidence.

Eh I get where you're going 100% but it's iffy because Sans has never actually predicted anything before. He is crazy analytical and clearly possesses a vaguely superhuman level understanding and application of psychology, but he's never used those abilities to predict that someone is going to do something at any point, just that something HAS happened.

It is a popular theory that Sans is so good at analyzing, that he is actually not fast but simply knows how Frisk is going to attack so perfectly, he can dodge anyways, but it's completely unsupported.

Edit: Others have recommended analytical retrocognition, which makes more sense, though I still have a hard time agreeing as it's very different from being able to "perceive" the past. He's just making an absurdly accurate guess by facial expressions. I don't think that could be listed as an ability by any of the actually defined and listed abilities on the site.
I mean he's also capable of knowing when you get dunked, and also when you reload after killing him to fight him again
he also planned ahead to land a quick shot at the player by interrupting his opening monologue early after the 1st kill, which is pretty smart
so it's really more impressive than just plain old analytical prediction overall, especially since it happened in another timeline, so the absolute only thing left from it would be frisk's own thoughts.

also, all this is within the few seconds of sans, who should otherwise be completely oblivious, seeing frisk walk up to him from the save point
Ant, since its 3 to 1 should I simply apply “Atleast G, Likely EG”?
I suppose so, yes. It is time to end this overly long argument and reach a conclusion.

When is another thread on this topic allowed to be made after this goes through?

Can somebody show in bullet points what sentences of information we agree on 1 by 1 for his profile to have? I find others agreeing or disagreeing vague. Let's focus on what will be on the profile first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back