• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Gumball can live without a soul. That means Sans literally can't do anything meaningful except put him into a bunch of pain lmfao
Somehow I forgot to account for this. Lol.
Although, technically it says:
and possibly Soul Manipulation (Was fine after stating that his soul exited his body, although it is possible he was joking)

So it's only a possibility, presuming he wasn't joking about being fine after his soul exited his body.

So what happens is:

0. Gumball takes 1 hour of preptime. (Booting up console, readying remote, finding a tree to get stuck in, etc. IDK.)
1. Battle starts.
2. The Inverted Paradox: The Enemy Within's RPG system may be active, & Sans may or may not override it.
2-A. Gumball goes first. Gumball tries an attack & Sans either dodges it or doesn't.
2-B. Sans overriding the system means he goes first, & unleashes his "first attack" which, accounting for possible dodging, openings in the attack, & KARMA (Which can't exceed 40 anyway.), probably deals several thousand damage to Gumball's Soul. Maybe a lot less given Gumball's Resistance to Soul Manipulation.
3-A. Gumball survives, probably freaks out or attacks.
3-B. Gumball's HP, if he has it, is depeleted. Gumball survives anyway, because he can supposedly live without his Soul, & that's what the HP Sans is hitting represents.

Repeat the steps with Gumball getting bombarded by a boatload of bones until he finally hits Sans with the remote or Sans tires out or Gumball hits Sans with an AoE or something, lol.
(I doubt Sans can win by exhausting Gumball anyway.)
identical???
seriously????

it looks and acts significantly different
Yeah, Undertale is a bullet hell+RPG hybrid, with some SMT-like diplomacy mechanics with a single player character.

Inverted Paradox: The Enemy Within is a classical "JRPG" style turn-based RPG that allows for up to 3.

They're fairly dissimilar given proper scrutiny, if I do dare say so myself.

Last edited:
@Imaginym

Gumball has 2 routes

Remote or Console

for Console

he overrides the RPG system as well so i don't matter that San's is first since he does AOE summons

plus he easily outlasted the Strongest attack

for remote

he press button faster than san's TK Slaming him

not like gumball won't survive his first attack with his regen, healing, and much higher HP than Level 19 Frisk
Unsure Regeneration/Healing would save him without his Soul Manipulation Resistance, unless Gumball's Regeneration/Healing are on a soul-affecting level.

@Imaginym

Gumball has 2 routes

Remote or Console

for Console

he overrides the RPG system as well so i don't matter that San's is first since he does AOE summons
He needs to reach the cellphone for that, which is kinda hard when getting slamed in multiple directions and attacked

plus he easily outlasted the Strongest attack
He doesn't, unless he dodges 84% of it as explained by Imaginym earlier

for remote

he press button faster than san's TK Slaming him
he doesn't tho? Are you going to ignore the explanations given or...?

Sans deals 1 damage per frame of contact in a game locked at 30 frames per second.
His first attack, from roughly the 1st to the last time Frisk/Chara's SOUL can get hit, is around 206 frames.

....Oh wait I'm an idiot.

206 FRAMES. NOT SECONDS. (People would cry if Sans's 1st attack lasted that long, because 206 seconds? That's nearly 3 & a half minutes.)

Roughly 206 frames, roughly 1 damage per frame.
Also, KARMA can be incremented, up to a max of 40. It drains slower the more of it there is.
According to the UT Wiki, on the 1st frame a hitbox is hitting, it increments the following amount of KARMA based on hitbox type:

Sans's various attacks increase KARMA by different amounts:
  • Bone vertical loop: 5
  • Gaster Blaster: 10
  • Single menu bone (top left): 2
  • Four menu bones (bottom): 1
  • Other: 6
Continuing to be in a hitbox that already did a hit, providing KARMA makes further hits from that hitbox only add 1 KARMA per frame.

(e.g. one Gaster Blaster hit for three frames increases KARMA by 12, dealing an eventual total of 15 damage).

Oh, & here's the numbers on KARMA Drain rate:
KARMA takes one frame to drain if maxed out at 40, two frames to drain if between 30 and 39, five frames to drain if between 20 and 29, fifteen frames (or half a second) to drain if between 10 and 19, and thirty frames (or one second) to drain if between 1 and 9. This means that KARMA when maxed out drains halfway within 66 frames (2.2 seconds) and completely within 491 frames (~16.4 seconds).

IDK how we account for the damage & KARMA Drain rate & the 206 frame time period.

So uh yeah, I apologize for stupidly misinforming you all.

But yeah. Since KARMA can't be more than 40 at a time (Game mechanics?), & there's only 206 frames, with 1 damage for each of them, Sans's 1st attack is 206, more or less, plus up to 40 or a bit more??

Sans's 1st attack likely won't deplete even a QUARTER of RPG Gumball's Max HP. (999 / 4 = 249.75.)

Last edited:
Lol.
I mean, it's questionable if Gumball can even perceive, let alone dodge Sans's opening move, let alone SURVIVE, even if he has his RPG Mode 999 HP.

IDK if the initial swing downwards to send the newly Blue-ified SOUL to the bottom of the bullet board is supposed to deal damage, but:

Watching at 30 FPS (Undertale is locked to 30 FPS, & Sans deals 1 damage per frame, KARMA aside, which is complicated. If I understand right, different attacks increase the KARMA count by different amounts on the 1st frame they hit the SOUL, but subsequent frames in an attack that already hit/inflicted KARMA only increment it by 1.

Using the Undertale Wiki's example: "One Gaster Blaster hit for three frames increases KARMA by 12, dealing an eventual total of 15 damage)." (1 Gaster Blaster increases KARMA by 10 the 1st frame that hitbox is stayed in, & like any other KARMA incrementer, 1 more KARMA per frame that hitbox that already hit the SOUL is remained in.)

The 1st frame where the screen moves from the "impact" of the SOUL hitting the bullet board is 399.
The last frame where I can see any part of what might have a hitbox is frame 605.
I forget if that's supposed to be inclusive of frames 399 & 605 themselves, but 605 - 399 = 206.

206 frames * 30 damage per frame = 6,180.
Meaning if we're accounting for Sans's attacks as dealing 1 damage per frame of contact, & we assume Gumball was in a hitbox during EVERY FRAME of Sans's first attack, he'd take over 6,180 damage, BEFORE accounting for any KARMA.

Mind you, this doesn't account for Sans missing, or there being gaps in Sans's attack such that Gumball isn't hit 100% of the time this is happening....
But if Gumball can't perceive to dodge the attacks, he'd be dodging blindly, unless he has some kind of Extrasensory Perception or Soul Manipulation that's relevant here.
Otherwise, 999 HP will not let Gumball survive unless he somehow doesn't get hit by like, at least 84% of Sans's attacks during Sans's first attack.

the damage is TK not Soul base

the Karma wasn't added yet so it's irrelevent
Yes it is since it is used on the soul

he hit's 1 hp per frame

b/c blue soul mode touches ground which makes Frisk lose 1 HP

I don't agree since that isn't happening in the fight until the end
Blue mode? Whar is your point?

ok true but

he has the remote route

which is him pressing a button to freeze Sans
While being slammed and getting tossed?

he already is aiming and just needs to push the button
Proof of that? Why would he be aiming already?

Sans deals 1 damage per frame of contact in a game locked at 30 frames per second.
His first attack, from roughly the 1st to the last time Frisk/Chara's SOUL can get hit, is around 206 frames.

....Oh wait I'm an idiot.

206 FRAMES. NOT SECONDS. (People would cry if Sans's 1st attack lasted that long, because that's nearly 3 & a half minutes.)

Roughly 206 frames, roughly 1 damage per frame.
Also, KARMA can be incremented, up to a max of 40. It drains slower the more of it there is.
According to the UT Wiki, on the 1st frame a hitbox is hitting, it increments the following amount of KARMA based on hitbox type:

Sans's various attacks increase KARMA by different amounts:
  • Bone vertical loop: 5
  • Gaster Blaster: 10
  • Single menu bone (top left): 2
  • Four menu bones (bottom): 1
  • Other: 6
Continuing to be in a hitbox that already did a hit, providing KARMA makes further hits from that hitbox only add 1 KARMA per frame.

(e.g. one Gaster Blaster hit for three frames increases KARMA by 12, dealing an eventual total of 15 damage).

Oh, & here's the numbers on KARMA Drain rate:
KARMA takes one frame to drain if maxed out at 40, two frames to drain if between 30 and 39, five frames to drain if between 20 and 29, fifteen frames (or half a second) to drain if between 10 and 19, and thirty frames (or one second) to drain if between 1 and 9. This means that KARMA when maxed out drains halfway within 66 frames (2.2 seconds) and completely within 491 frames (~16.4 seconds).

IDK how we account for the damage & KARMA Drain rate & the 206 frame time period.

So uh yeah, I apologize for stupidly misinforming you all.

But yeah. Since KARMA can't be more than 40 at a time (Game mechanics?), & there's only 206 frames, with 1 damage for each of them, Sans's 1st attack is 206, more or less, plus up to 40 or a bit more??

Sans's 1st attack likely won't deplete even a QUARTER of RPG Gumball's Max HP. (999 / 4 = 249.75.)
🪦bro

He needs to reach the cellphone for that, which is kinda hard when getting slamed in multiple directions and attacked
Are you assuming Gumball has to reach for the cellphone AFTER his 1 hour of preptime the OP says Gumball has?
He doesn't, unless he dodges 84% of it as explained by Imaginym earlier
Actually I confused frames with seconds earlier; Sans's 1st attack would likely deal around a quarter or less of Gumball's max HP, depending on Karma math & assuming little to no dodging/resistance.

Back