• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Every match with sans' name: a
People: we're so tired :( leave us alone 😔

Ok, How does danmaku work on Riolu? Or TS?

I think this is the closest I can get? Seed bomb. this can be dodged outside of the games by normal pokemons

GamesDescription
DPPtHGSSPBRThe user slams a barrage of hard-shelled seeds down on the foe from above.
BWB2W2The user slams a barrage of hard-shelled seeds down on the target from above.
XYORASThe user slams a barrage of hard-shelled seeds on the target from above.
SMUSUM
SwShBDSPLA
The user slams a barrage of hard-shelled seeds down on the target from above.
SVThe user attacks by slamming a barrage of hard-shelled seeds down on the target from above.

The only thing I can find that comes closer to a danmaku move is legendary atacks, like Hyperspace_Fury, Thousent arrows and a Z move, all should be much faster them a pokemon like riolo deal with, so I don't think It's a fair comparason here
so if sans can execute a danmaku, even with lower AP than those who use those 3 examples, its a Danmaku anyway lol.
the problem of the danmaku is not the speed, its the high quantity

so if sans can execute a danmaku, even with lower AP than those who use those 3 examples, its a Danmaku anyway lol.
the problem of the danmaku is not the speed, its the high quantity
What I mean legendary pokemons are OP and should be even more powerfull and higher level of danmaku, and some of them aren't even undogeblef

I think this is the closest I can get? Seed bomb. this can be dodged outside of the games by normal pokemons
barrage =/= danmaku

Riolu defends him self with guard and retaliate with aura sphere that never misses, or just start with quick atack beingh a instant win
that's not a defense against timestop, or how would SOUL attacks **** him while TS

(delayed responses due to being at work)

Was checking that quickly and yeah, it is
You are agreeing or disagreeing with me?

But now I remembered: what about the law manip? Infinitely extending his turn lol
Don't really work whem outside a game enviroment or the undertale verse It self as the nature of the game is cannon to the cosmology of the verse, what isn't true in the pokemon verse where the battle takes place

Don't really work whem outside a game enviroment or the undertale verse It self as the nature of the game is cannon to the cosmology of the verse, what isn't true in the pokemon verse where the battle takes place
Read SBA for that. It's like a pokétale/Undermon verse, in this battle. Both being turn-based games make it easier for us to interpret that he could use his law manip...that was always used on a turn-based game.
You are agreeing or disagreeing with me?
When I read through it, I started agreeing with you

Read SBA for that. It's like a pokétale/Undermon verse, in this battle. Both being turn-based games make it easier for us to interpret that he could use his law manip...that was always used on a turn-based game.
Not to mention It's cannon that the "game like" verse only happens whem monsters fight humans, sinse Asgore is stated to dodge undyne atacks whenever they fought, meaning that normal battles in undertale aren't affected by the game mechanics of the cosmology

meaning that normal battles in undertale aren't affected by the game mechanics of the cosmology
dude, none of those apply since he's stated to break the rules of the game mechanics
("Over the course of the battle with sans he has been shown to break and manipulate the battle mechanics of the Undertale world,. Some examples are, Sans can also attack while the player is on the menu, Sans is the only monster that actually starts the battle with his turn, can make undodgeable attack after you spare him, can manipulate the fight box to make it longer, and Sans can infinitely extend his turn, making the opponent unable to attack him given it's still not their turn yet. It should be noted however that sans can only 'infinitely extend' his turn by not executing his turn at all, and thus he presumably wont be able to do any attacks until he does so")

and, again, via SBA's understanding ("Verse equalization: Similar supernatural aspects of verses get equalized in a reasonable fashion. "), which means he can do his things with turn-based rules when we consider both come from turn-based games. It would only be a thing that can't be used against other beings if it were written on the power description or the weaknesses part like "his powers can only be used against humans"/"his powers can only be used against something that isn't a monster"/"his power works differently when used against a human/non-monster being"...which it doesn't.

when we consider both come from turn-based games
That isn't how it works tho, Pokemon's turnbased stuff is just an abstraction due to the genre it is, it isn't actually turn based in the lore and this is demonstrated by literally every adaption, as well as direct canonical displays of in-game events in things like Generations, Evolutions and so on, the turn based aspect is also entirely based around the speed of the Pokemon even in gameplay.

It'd be like arguing FF7 they take turns fighting, when that's not meant to be taken literally and an actual fight you can see play out in CC or Advent Children.

That isn't how it works tho, Pokemon's turnbased stuff is just an abstraction due to the genre it is, it isn't actually turn based in the lore and this is demonstrated by literally every adaption, as well as direct canonical displays of in-game events in things like Generations, Evolutions and so on, the turn based aspect is also entirely based around the speed of the Pokemon even in gameplay.

It'd be like arguing FF7 they take turns fighting, when that's not meant to be taken literally and an actual fight you can see play out in CC or Advent Children.
thank you, discussing this is getting more and more annoying

Back