• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sans VS Devipelt

Peppypony

She/Her
Connections
  1. Laid-back, sometimes even to a point of being lazy
  2. White with a blue jacket
  3. Use bones in combat
Story
While a faction of Skelebur's military is attacking The Underground, Devipelt is walking through Waterfall. Eventually she bumps into Sans.

Sans: Look what you gotta say for yourself, after what you Animazians have done. What-
Holds up a photo of Devipelt wanted with victim names listed including Papyrus
Sans: What YOU'VE DONE.
Devipelt: I'm being framed, I don't wanna fight.
Sans: I know my timelines and resets pal, you're the one leading this route of genocide.
Devipelt: You got your timelines mixed up, and I'll prove it the hard way if I have to.

Fight info
Fight starting distance:
Five metres
Fight location: Waterfall
Speed: Equal
Devipelt's key: 7-C
Otherwise, SBA

Devipelt: 3
Sans:
Aledpaw and Asgore stop the fighting after a court battle proving Devipelt's innocence:

Last edited:
Watching Devipelt fighting the weakest monster
haha yep.

i wanted to put her against mad mew mew because chill trans dog lady vs angry trans cat lady
but i think sans is the strongest undertale 9-A against her probably because speed boosts (especially with precog too) go brrrrr

Well at least there’s another person involved haha.

But now I wait for someone to debate Sans. I love Undertale, but I haven’t played it for more than five years and the Sans fight is one reason I don’t want to do the Genocide Route. So I’m pretty knowledgable? But not too much.

Well at least there’s another person involved haha.

But now I wait for someone to debate Sans. I love Undertale, but I haven’t played it for more than five years and the Sans fight is one reason I don’t want to do the Genocide Route. So I’m pretty knowledgable? But not too much.
Get my homie minty in on this

I was kinda waiting for them. They seem pretty knowledgable on Pokemon, and yeah Deltarune as well with the Susie match.
I mean if someone’s familiar with Deltarune then they’re probably familiar with Undertale as well.

Sans has his teleportation and KARMA to fight here. Devipelt will have to avoid Danmaku for her soul to stay in tact. Sans can also throw her around with telekinesis.

KARMA and teleportation, ok cool.

She won’t struggle even that level of danmaku too much. It’ll definitely be a challenge, but her speed boosts will absolutely make it easier for her.

Also Devipelt’s lifting strength stomps Sans’s so unless gravity manipulation counters it, she can easily break out of it. Plus Sans doesn’t start with it from what I remember, it tires him out after using it and the KARMA from that doesn’t do enough damage to take down Frisk at full health (but of course Devipelt’s not going to dodge everything unlike the no hit Sans gameplay you’ll find).

KARMA and teleportation, ok cool.

She won’t struggle even that level of danmaku too much. It’ll definitely be a challenge, but her speed boosts will absolutely make it easier for her.

Also Devipelt’s lifting strength stomps Sans’s so unless gravity manipulation counters it, she can easily break out of it. Plus Sans doesn’t start with it from what I remember, it tires him out after using it and the KARMA from that doesn’t do enough damage to take down Frisk at full health (but of course Devipelt’s not going to dodge everything unlike the no hit Sans gameplay you’ll find).
I think TK just needs the user to lift someone’s body weight. So he’ll still be able to grab Devipelt even if the gravity manip likely doesn’t work. And he actually does start with it when he does his starting move. Devipelt would have to act fast to avoid the bones Sans shoves you in the path of and then the giant Gaster Blasters.

Ok looking back at the fight... Yeah, you're right, he does use it at the beginning and again closer to the end of the fight. I was thinking of the moment where he ragdolls his opponent at the end. But outside of that ragdoll scene, it doesn't do any KARMA whatsoever and Frisk is still able to jump. So Devipelt would not only be able to jump but also easily break out of the telekinesis with her lifting strength, especially because she's faster which will give her more time to react.

And uhhhh... Oh boy, the day I ask about how we interpret Undertale moves in vsdebate set in a 3D environment is here, haha!
Ok so with moves like these and the moving platforms, it's clear that the bottom of the screen is the ground. But how do we interpret stuff like this? And also this (6:29 to 6:37)? Are the edges of the box that the player moves in the walls of the environment or room they're in? Like when Sans is manipulating gravity and using his telekinesis, is he changing where the location of gravity to walls here? Or???

Ok looking back at the fight... Yeah, you're right, he does use it at the beginning and again closer to the end of the fight. I was thinking of the moment where he ragdolls his opponent at the end. But outside of that ragdoll scene, it doesn't do any KARMA whatsoever and Frisk is still able to jump. So Devipelt would not only be able to jump but also easily break out of the telekinesis with her lifting strength, especially because she's faster which will give her more time to react.

And uhhhh... Oh boy, the day I ask about how we interpret Undertale moves in vsdebate set in a 3D environment is here, haha!
Ok so with moves like these and the moving platforms, it's clear that the bottom of the screen is the ground. But how do we interpret stuff like this? And also this (6:29 to 6:37)? Are the edges of the box that the player moves in the walls of the environment or room they're in? Like when Sans is manipulating gravity and using his telekinesis, is he changing where the location of gravity to walls here? Or???
I think there’d be some issue applying the force to escape without flight but her Earth Manip should suffice. Not like Sans can kill with TK anyways.

Yeah, it’s a bit confusing imagining that outside a 2D environment. I say the bone row is Sans shoving Devipelt forward with bones midair and on the ground.

Either way, Devipelt can jump so yeah.

Fair enough, does look like it in the 6:29-6:37 timestamp. I believe that's where she'd struggle the most since most attacks she faces aren't like that, but she can still move while in the air.

I want to give a throwback to this comment involving Jadaclaw's dodging feats, this applies to Devipelt too.

"Hehe, yeah that 2nd gif does look really cool ngl. But anyways, characters and/or attacks appearing all over the place like that is nothing new in Animazians (especially with blitzer classes) and all Animazians are trained to fight other Animazians. So yeah unless he were to be trapped inside some kind of attack shaped like a dome that gets smaller till it hits him (which isn't what the gifs look like to me at least), I don't think he would struggle with dodging that especially with his amped speed."

And scroll up to see the gif I was talking about as well.

Everything else, uhhh... There is a scene where Devipelt is surrounded by 12 Skelebur soldiers in a circle, they fire solid projectiles (visually speaking they fire rapidly like gattling machine guns) in every single direction, it lasts for around 5-6 seconds of screen time and Devipelt counters every single one of them with her two blades. Although she was also skill-stomping those soldiers, she can do this to opponents as skilled as hers, but not as effectively there's a high chance she'll get hit by one projectile and if her opponent has the speed boosts 2-3 hits could take her down for good.

Just remember Devipelt's got the speed boosts and can occasionally predict the future with her intelligence too so yeah.

Sans could still hit her with enough attacks and eventually she'd perish to KARMA, but yeah I think Devipelt hitting him is more likely to happen first.

Either way, Devipelt can jump so yeah.

Fair enough, does look like it in the 6:29-6:37 timestamp. I believe that's where she'd struggle the most since most attacks she faces aren't like that, but she can still move while in the air.

I want to give a throwback to this comment involving Jadaclaw's dodging feats, this applies to Devipelt too.

"Hehe, yeah that 2nd gif does look really cool ngl. But anyways, characters and/or attacks appearing all over the place like that is nothing new in Animazians (especially with blitzer classes) and all Animazians are trained to fight other Animazians. So yeah unless he were to be trapped inside some kind of attack shaped like a dome that gets smaller till it hits him (which isn't what the gifs look like to me at least), I don't think he would struggle with dodging that especially with his amped speed."

And scroll up to see the gif I was talking about as well.

Everything else, uhhh... There is a scene where Devipelt is surrounded by 12 Skelebur soldiers in a circle, they fire solid projectiles (visually speaking they fire rapidly like gattling machine guns) in every single direction, it lasts for around 5-6 seconds of screen time and Devipelt counters every single one of them with her two blades. Although she was also skill-stomping those soldiers, she can do this to opponents as skilled as hers, but not as effectively there's a high chance she'll get hit by one projectile and if her opponent has the speed boosts 2-3 hits could take her down for good.

Just remember Devipelt's got the speed boosts and can occasionally predict the future with her intelligence too so yeah.
She has speed amps and has dealt with AOE

Yeah there's also danmaku in Animazians.

"There is a scene where Devipelt is surrounded by 12 Skelebur soldiers in a circle, they fire solid projectiles (visually speaking they fire rapidly like gattling machine guns) in every single direction, it lasts for around 5-6 seconds of screen time and Devipelt counters every single one of them with her two blades. Although she was also skill-stomping those soldiers, she can do this to opponents as skilled as hers, but not as effectively there's a high chance she'll get hit by one projectile and if her opponent has the speed boosts 2-3 hits could take her down for good."

This is something... ^^^^^^
But I can provide more examples if you want.

So yeah I vote Devipelt.
I've been 24 hours, I can add this to her profile now. And here's the story. I need to post this happy ending because, for some reason, I actually do feel bad for beating up Sans here. :(

Conclusion
After the fight, Sans is beaten to pacifist paralysis with Devipelt barely standing as the victor. Aledpaw arrives and a bit concerned... But she's inviting her somewhere, Devipelt drags Sans along and they all teleport away

Meanwhile... Sans is awakened from his paralysis by Animazian soldiers (yes there is a place where Animazians do this). He sees Devipelt and is concerned. Everybody sees him. The crowd, Aledpaw and Asgore confirm that Devipelt is innocent.

Devipelt: Told ya I meant no harm. And look who is here.

It's Papyrus!

Aledpaw:
He only went missing, he's ok.

So Sans and Papyrus have a reunion moment

Asgore: The military brought in the name of who these Animazians call "Skelebur" are the real people behind the genocide. With the help of "Aledpaw", we'll put an end to their madness!

The people in the court cheer!

Devipelt: I think I'll rest first though.

The crowd sighs

Devipelt: Aw come on, I'm confident we can still do this after my rest.

Aledpaw (with a -_- expression): "I'm confident" is often a bad sign...

Sans: Nah, I'll nap too.

Papyrus: SANS! ALL OF YOU, GET UP WITH YOUR LAZY BONES!

To be continued...

Back