• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Samurai 8 Discussion Thread

"The boy made a wish to the meteor hoping to eat ordinary food, and ordinary water, hoping not to be allergic to one of these things, hoping that he is not afraid of injections, hoping that he can walk without crutches, hope that one day can travel to the universe," the preview for the first chapter of Samurai 8: Hachimaruden reads. "But in the end, he only made one wish: to become a Samurai," it added.

https://en.businesstimes.cn/article...date-and-plot-everything-you-need-to-know.htm

This manga has so much freaking potential!! It's so weird. I don't get the same vibes I got from Edens Zero. It feels more like fantasy in space. It doesn't feel like Star Wars too. It feels like one of a kindƒöуöуöÑ

AstralKing7 said:
This manga has so much freaking potential!! It's so weird. I don't get the same vibes I got from Edens Zero. It feels more like fantasy in space. It doesn't feel like Star Wars too. It feels like one of a kindƒöуöуöÑ
I can definitely see vs debates between edens zero and samurai 8, honestly looking forward to it.

It already has some good feats from just chapter 1.

@AstralKing7, yeah Eden Zero didn't even give me a good vibe while after seeing chapter one of Samurai 8, the hype is building within. One reason I think it's cause Samurai 8 is not a copy of characters that look 95% the same as in Eden Zero.

Zaratthustra said:
It already has some good feats from just chapter 1.
@AstralKing7, yeah Eden Zero didn't even give me a good vibe while after seeing chapter one of Samurai 8, the hype is building within. One reason I think it's cause Samurai 8 is not a copy of characters that look 95% the same as in Eden Zero.
Yeah, that turned me off to Edens Zero.

I wanted to give Edens Zero a chance with the cast but it looks like it's still going down the same damn route as FT with the ships with obvious characters. Samurai 8 feels amazing from the get go tho

Yep, same characters personalities more or less. The same vibe just a change of world which is more Sci-Fi but the same setting as FT.

Burning Full Fingers said:
What are the feats?
Technology so advanced that they can fly through the galaxy using space ships, flying bikes, cybernetic humans and animals that seem to be able to fusion for a boost in power or the animals seems to be able to evolve. The Samurai (the cybernetic beings, our MC too) seems to be able to regenerate everything almost instantly (everypart of the body) excluding their spinal cord(which is some type of advanced technology name the Key - its also their souls, I think). Weapons that are made from energy that can solidfy (i may be wrong).

There is this Godlike being Acala the Shooting Star aka The God of War that can fly through stars (not said or shown yet if its done using a space ship or his own body). He also seems to be able to create small stars that once merged with a human make them cyberborgs, with the power to walk in space and a special soul.

There seems to be two type of figheters in the world: The Warriors - normal humans (said by MC that they protect the Stars and save Princess) and the Samurai - humans who poses the body of a cyborg and are above Warrior, they are also chosen by the God of War. The Samurai also seem to have the power to mind read people by placing their hand on the head of the target. They also seem to be able to transfer their bodies in others (don;t know if all).

Don't know about you guys but I don't even consider Eden's Zero a serious thing.I thought it would be trash from the first time I saw it.And the author proved it with his "new" characters and their design.

Anyways both eden zero and Samurai 8 have to potential to be great,good or shit with there premise so don't get this idea that samurai 8 gonna do much better at then EZ time will tell if anything I hope both do well in the future.

Tipper17 said:
Anyways both eden zero and Samurai 8 have to potential to be great,good or shit with there premise so don't get this idea that samurai 8 gonna do much better at then EZ time will tell if anything I hope both do well in the future.
II like samurai 8's premis already, samurai in space, reminds me of Battle Angel Alita actually, which is an 8/10 manga easily.

Zaratthustra said:
Burning Full Fingers said:
What are the feats?
Technology so advanced that they can fly through the galaxy using space ships, flying bikes, cybernetic humans and animals that seem to be able to fusion for a boost in power or the animals seems to be able to evolve. The Samurai (the cybernetic beings, our MC too) seems to be able to regenerate everything almost instantly (everypart of the body) excluding their spinal cord(which is some type of advanced technology name the Key - its also their souls, I think). Weapons that are made from energy that can solidfy (i may be wrong).
There is this Godlike being Acala the Shooting Star aka The God of War that can fly through stars (not said or shown yet if its done using a space ship or his own body). He also seems to be able to create small stars that once merged with a human make them cyberborgs, with the power to walk in space and a special soul.

There seems to be two type of figheters in the world: The Warriors - normal humans (said by MC that they protect the Stars and save Princess) and the Samurai - humans who poses the body of a cyborg and are above Warrior, they are also chosen by the God of War. The Samurai also seem to have the power to mind read people by placing their hand on the head of the target. They also seem to be able to transfer their bodies in others (don;t know if all).
Actually let me correct you on a few things. The "Animals" are called "Holders" and they hold a sumari's armor and the samurai can absorb from their holder at any time, this armor also cant be cut or pierced by any normal blade. Samurai also get to choose their Holders, but I'm not sure if it can be an organic animal, so far only robotic ai animals have become Holders. Secondly, a better translation of the manga says that they can regerate from their body being cut up into pieces, so that's how potent their regen is. The thing you're calling their spinal cord is actually their "Key" which is their whole being and allows them to be transferred between different bodies supposedly, it's not their soul as its seen their soul is a completely separate thing and can even be removed from their body and used as a blade. Acala created "stars" for people's body to merge with, turning them into a samurai and effectively kills them if their body isnt compatible.

Rocker1189 said:
Hmm this still looks like possibly low godly to me
Any chance of it being lowgodly just got debunked seeing as the main character one shot another samurai, not even hitting their key or soul and they still died.

Rocker1189 said:
Not unless samurai are made to be able to negate their level of regen(whatever it is)
So far it's been shown and stated to be Low-Mid and I doubt they can negate Regen since they've Regened from their own attacks before.

Back