• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

UchihaSlayer96

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Hello there everyone!
I'll try to keep this short and sweet, because it's a relatively simple topic.
It was brought up on this thread that certain Naruto games have OVAs that may be considered canon, so let's discuss!

Canon Video Games?! IMPOSSIBLE!:
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations and Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution are Video Games that have story-related OVAs that detail or show certain things that we have not seen in the original manga. These OVAs were produced by Studio Pierrot, the studio responsible for making the Naruto and Boruto anime.
These OVAs detail things such as the creation of the Akatsuki, Danzo's attack on Shisui, Kisame fighting Itachi before he goes off to fight Sasuke, a snippet of Madara's fight with Hashirama, and much more.
As I said, these are things we didn't see in the manga, but we know they probably happened, so there's very few contradictions (for the most part). As such, I believe they help fill a lot of holes in the story, and answer a few lingering questions.

As for their canonicity, Both games gave Masashi Kishimoto (the original author) writing credits for the story and design credits for the artwork of certain characters.
Both games have been referred to multiple times to have been overseen directly by Kishimoto, and the animated shorts in particular have been referred to as canon on more than one occasion for both Generations and Revolution.

Here are the most relevant cutscenes that I believe may come in handy for scaling purposes:

The most important one that I'm trying to get accepted is certainly Itachi vs Kisame as that one would have the most impact on our scaling, and would help simplify it greatly.
It fits perfectly with the timeline as well, since we know Itachi made certain preparations before his fight with Sasuke, including asking Kisame to keep anyone from interfering, which we visually see in the cutscene. It's also supported by the narrative, since we know Kisame greatly respects Itachi's abilities and considers him the stronger between them.
If accepted, this will help us scale Sick Itachi to Kisame, and vice versa, which will be immensely helpful in establishing a simple scaling chain for early to mid Part II characters.

Other notable feats are:
  • Konan defeating Sasori, who had access to the Third Kazekage puppet. (Will somewhat help scale her, since she doesn't have that many feats)
  • Prime Orochimaru surviving a pretty large point blank Shinra Tensei. (May or may not be useful, we'll see)
  • Kid Itachi being comparable to Shisui.
  • Shisui being a confirmed Susano'o user. (Not that it was that much of a surprise since he's a confirmed Mangekyo user, but still confirmation is nice I suppose)
  • and a lot more that we can discuss later if this happens to get accepted.

Note: Madara vs Hashirama probably can't be used either way, since it was narrated by Obito and told from his POV. Why is this an issue? It somewhat contradicts Hashirama's telling of the story, and I believe Hashirama's version takes precedence as he's a primary source, being a main participant in the fight and all. Regardless, we can discuss this as well in case this goes through.

Now, let's keep this civil and concise. Time to discuss!

Last edited:
Only thing I'm not 100% on is the Hashirama flashback and Shisui having the Susano'o. The rest fits with established precedent for the most part (also I don't know if that's time rewinding or just Sharigan precog).

Orochimaru not dying to the Almighty Push isn't that weird anyways. Pain says right after for him to stop messing around anf for them to talk business, so its not like he was taking the fight that seriously.

Only thing I'm not 100% on is the Hashirama flashback and Shisui having the Susano'o. The rest fits with established precedent for the most part (also I don't know if that's time rewinding or just Sharigan precog).

Orochimaru not dying to the Almighty Push isn't that weird anyways. Pain says right after for him to stop messing around anf for them to talk business, so its not like he was taking the fight that seriously.
That's not how Sharingan Precog works, that was straight up Time Reversal.

Doesn't that Shisui part comes from Itachi's novel? Shisui has a Susano'o we liking it or not.

But he doesn't have that power, since if he did he never would have gotten Zetsu'ed
I know that, but that's still not how Sharingan Precog works is what I'm saying. Also, even if he couldn't reverse time, he should've been able to Izanagi out of getting Zetsu'd or just sense it coming with his Absurd Danger Senses that having Sage Mode stacked on top of Six Paths Sage Mode should've given him.

Only thing I'm not 100% on is the Hashirama flashback
Agreed. Like I said, it's very weird because it's told from Obito's perspective, and doesn't entirely fit with Hashirama's telling of the events in the manga.
and Shisui having the Susano'o.
I don't think it's out of the question, personally, since every Mangekyo user we've seen in the series has showcased the Susano'o. (except Izuna I guess)
The rest fits with established precedent for the most part
Agreed, and thank you for your input.
(also I don't know if that's time rewinding or just Sharigan precog).
It is kinda vague, yes.
Yeah, it was a pretty casual Shinra Tensei, but still much larger in scale than the one that almost killed Kakashi.

Also, even if he couldn't reverse time, he should've been able to Izanagi out of getting Zetsu'd or just sense it coming with his Absurd Danger Senses that having Sage Mode stacked on top of Six Paths Sage Mode should've given him.
Which is sorta my point here. Him getting Zetsu'ed with all of those powers is already bordering on a Plot Hole. Let alone with actual time reversal powers.

Which is sorta my point here. Him getting Zetsu'ed with all of those powers is already bordering on a Plot Hole. Let alone with actual time reversal powers.
Also the fact that he can switch places with his Limbo Clones. He never tried that either with Zetsu, so that shit is straight up PIS for Zetsu getting the drop on Madara like that. Not that it matters since it wasn't my point to begin with.

Let alone with actual time reversal powers.
I mean if it is already bordering on plot holes then regardless of which powers he has he would not have used them, I think it is at least likely time reversal it straight up looking nothing like precog as we see how thing go through from start to finished and then the reversal and everything changes.

Technically he wouldn't have been able to, since he can't use his Sharingan powers while he has the Rinnegan active. He needs to revert back to the EMS, which we saw when he tried using genjutsu on the Raikage.
The only exception to this is Susano'o as shown when he pulled it out when he summoned that Meteor with his Rinnegan or even using it without any eyes at all.

I'm neutral on this.

But I am fully against Madara being given a Time Reversal ability.

Expanding on events that can reasonably have happened in the manga is one thing, but inventing a whole new ability for Madara that isn't even suggested in the original manga is another.

I kinda agree with Qawsedf234 that the Madara thing could just be a weird way of demonstrating Sharingan precog.

Rest seems fine

It was after he got his third eye with the permeant Sharingan. So he should always have it up.

Anyways on topic everything besides the Time Reversal looks good I guess.
I mean Kaguya has that same eye and yet she doesn't use any Sharingan or Rinnegan Powers even though they would've saved her ass.

I mean in the manga we never saw the full fight and on top of that we were never told his MS ability which we knows he has.
He's never hinted or shown to have such an ability though, there's not a single statement even somewhat indicating he has it in the canon manga, it entirely comes from the game.

And it's not like the showing in the game is definitive either, you can argue it's several things.

I'm not even arguing that he can actually reverse time, I'm just saying that it's very blatantly not how Sharingan Precog works.

I think the main thing going against it is being told from Obito's perspective, and not entirely fitting with Hashirama's version.
We've seen versions of Madara and Hashirama's story told from other people's perspective that turned out to be pretty wrong. Itachi's story comes to mind. So yeah, I don't think it should be used, probably.

I'm so glad everyone seems to agree with the rest though, since those will help us immensely with the scaling.

Thank you to everyone who evaluated this!

Since we are discussing canon stuff, I'd like to remove the Boruto canon part in the Naruto verse page, since we consider everything from the anime as canon, since both Kishimoto and Kodachi supervises everything, and always come in action when the studio want to change something (Like if Boruto kills someone)

They should not. Since this is only Storm Revolution and Generation's OVAs, and not Storm 4.

Please read this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back