• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Samurai 8 Discussion Thread

[Theory] Threefold Body and the revival of Dojikiri Takatsuna

Based from official translation

A locker ball consists of a "ball", and a "seppuku knife/key".

Threefold Body

1.Samurai soul - can be used as weapon

2.Key - seppuku knife turns into a spinal cord connecting from the soul.

3.Ball - forms the physical body.

Here's the thing:

1.If the Samurai was killed, he'll turn back into a locker ball and the key turns back into a seppuku knife. I think that was what happened to the Ronin guy, he got killed and the locker ball is there for the taking. Then anyone compatible can use that locker ball to turn into a samurai.

2.If the Samurai freely gives his key or removes his key without killing him, he will turn into a locker ball together with the key but the key will not turn into a seppuku knife and that will render the locker ball unusable by anyone to turn into a samurai. His soul will remain as a soul like Dojikiri Takatsuna. The locker ball and the key are always linked to the soul unless that soul died then the key will turn into a seppuku knife and can be used again by anyone compatible to turn into a samurai. In order to use the key for opening Pandora's box, the soul should be alive.

3.Dojikiri Takatsuna is still leaving as a soul. What happened to his key and locker ball? Can he be revived? Find out next on Samurai 8. :)

Crazylazylix said:
[Theory] Threefold Body and the revival of Dojikiri Takatsuna
Based from official translation

A locker ball consists of a "ball", and a "seppuku knife/key".

Threefold Body

1.Samurai soul - can be used as weapon

2.Key - seppuku knife turns into a spinal cord connecting from the soul.

3.Ball - forms the physical body.

Here's the thing:

1.If the Samurai was killed, he'll turn back into a locker ball and the key turns back into a seppuku knife. I think that was what happened to the Ronin guy, he got killed and the locker ball is there for the taking. Then anyone compatible can use that locker ball to turn into a samurai.

2.If the Samurai freely gives his key or removes his key without killing him, he will turn into a locker ball together with the key but the key will not turn into a seppuku knife and that will render the locker ball unusable by anyone to turn into a samurai. His soul will remain as a soul like Dojikiri Takatsuna. The locker ball and the key are always linked to the soul unless that soul died then the key will turn into a seppuku knife and can be used again by anyone compatible to turn into a samurai. In order to use the key for opening Pandora's box, the soul should be alive.

3.Dojikiri Takatsuna is still leaving as a soul. What happened to his key and locker ball? Can he be revived? Find out next on Samurai 8. :)
Most accurately correct comment i've seen on this thread lol, good job

It could if continue with those types of feats, plus that "Saving the Galaxy!" that seems to be the goal of the manga rise the potential for some good future feats done by character or by some futuristic weapons with that advanced technology.

Nop, it's good. I like that it explains things and we can see the characters inner monologues, without it they will have a shallow personality. Look at anime Shirou from Fate verse and then at Novel Shirou, the inner monologue from changes how you see him.

YungManzi said:
So. Apparently people were complaining about the chapter being too wordy...what do you guys think?
Kishimoto's writing has always been kinda wordy imo, he seems fond of really delving into everything that's happening. Not a bad thing though, it's his style and I think it's fine especially if you're used to his writing.

So on chapter 2; who wants to hedge bets, is "Number 2"- only thing I can think to call the new character- a guy or a chick? I swear that has me more curious than the weird tank pigs.

AstralKing7 said:
Yeah and I gotta say I like the wya the outside world is drawn
Same, I feel like the art style has changed between Naruto and this. And it's to Samurai 8's benefit.

That said I have this weird concern about the art though. It's so intricate it kinda bothers me how they'll keep pumping it out weekly. Maybe it'll get simpler as time goes on but it was just this weird thought

Zaratthustra said:
It already has some good feats from just chapter 1.
@AstralKing7, yeah Eden Zero didn't even give me a good vibe while after seeing chapter one of Samurai 8, the hype is building within. One reason I think it's cause Samurai 8 is not a copy of characters that look 95% the same as in Eden Zero.
The reason why thats the case is because S8 isn't really drawn by kishimoto but by some other artist.

which is a good thing in a way, though I think that Kishimotto can make his characters varied enough. I think Samurai 8 needs a bit more shading, it can be a little hard to figure out what is happening on screen.

I think there are too many assumptions, especially on time frame which is contradicted by his point about Hachimaru reaching his father's location by night. I also dont know why he is scaling the flight speed of their tech to the Ronin'd movement speed, he could have gotten there at hypersonic speeds but it does not mean that he moves at hypersonic speeds on his own.

Thomas simpsons said:
Also why did you guys add mind powers for hachi? Im pretty sure there's a chance that the mind power is exclusive to the Ronin dude until further info.
Ronin are just Rouge Samurai though. It's not that far fetched for normal Samurai to have telepathy as well.

Back