• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saitamas Serious Punch (post-training): Strenght should be raised, to at least planet-level

I will now discuss the strenght of Saitamas Serious Punch in the hopes of raising his attack power and maybe also his durability -> Exact States mentioned at the bottom.

As of now it is said that Saitamas Serious Punch is at least as powerful as destroying a plantes surface.

The idea of this is because of Boros strongest attack: "Collapsing Star, Roaring Canon", is said to destroy the planets surface, in the comic.

But as of new information granted by the One Punch Man Compus, a book included in the bluray version of One Punch Man, with a lot of interviews with the creators and very much information about the many characters in One Punch Man. So this must be the most Canon information possible:

(Please continue reading as I will not go with making Saitama Star-level, but Planet-Level)

OPM Compus Scans (Here you can see it)

As it states: Boros contained form is already Planet busting:

Boros contained Form description (One Punch Man Compus)

If we now contiue to read, we see the descripion of Boros third and strongest Form:

A Form so powerful "When released, this speed and power goes beyond the physical limits of what any living being can endure" (Link to the page in the OPM Compus).

This means his power really shoud be limitless, at least for normal 3-D living beings.

If we now go over to Boros Ultimate Attack: "Collapsing Star, Roaring Cano":

The book makes clear that it is a Star obliterationg attack!

You can see the descripion here + One of Saitamas own Utimate Attacks. But as stated in the rules: Star levels not allowed, so we will go with planet-level.

Now:

We know Boros can obliterate a Plenet, and Saitamas Serious Punch coutered it, destroyed Boros and still created a shockwave that travelled over at least half the planet.

To determine the real power of Saitamas punch we will now make a few calculations:

First of all:

Saitamas Punch must be strong enough to obliterate a Planet

and after that create a massive shockwave:

First we will find out the force needed to destroy the Earth:

To obliterate our planet Earth it would take 5.7*10^33 Joules (how much energy to destroy the earth)

Next, we will calculate the energie needed to create such a huge massive shockwave.

I will say the shochwave travelled aproximately a third of the earths surface.

For this we will use the radius at the equator : aproximately R = 6.371,0 km

So the shockwave must have travlelled about: 2124 km or 2123666.7 Meters.

All following formulars I have taken from this website.

What we are searching for:

W (the charged mass in metric tones of TNT)

What we need:

R the distance of the surface at the point of interest (the end of the shockwave)

Po the ambient pressure

Pso the maximum overpressure

First: we want Pso = Po so that at that point the shockwave ends.

Po (normal air pressure): 101.325 Pa

So Pso must also be: 101.325 Pa or 0,00101325 bar

R = 2123666.7 m

With formula (10) on page 19 we will now calculate W, the TNT needed:

the changed formula should be (please correct me if it's wrong):

W = Used this to adjust my formula to W

W = 1135107256.73 tones

One kg of charged mass of TNT is: 4.184×10^6 joules

One tone is: 4.184*10^9 joules

And W tones is: 4.7493*10^18 joules!

Now for Saitamas Punch to do both together, we just need to add both numbers together.

So all together it would be: 5,7000000000000047493e+33*10^33 joules

("Now I just noticed that the energy for the shock wave is actually so little compared to the energy to obliterate Planet Earth, that it barrely changes anything, but I will still include it for reasons of taking like 3-4 hours to calculate that number!")

Now although it seems not to make much difference, considering the power needed to destroy a Planet is so huge in comparrison to the shock wave,

but we need to remember:...

All of that was without touching Boros at all!

So it was the shockwave only, which coutered Boros attack and after that still created a massive shockwave travelling over the planet.

As shockwaves lose their energy pretty quickly it is save to say, that the initial force of Saitamas Serious Punch was far greater at his fist, so if he had hit Boros directly, than when it coutered Boros Ultimate and after that created the shockwave.

Sadly I do not have the knowledge to correctly define how much more powerful the attack must have been for the shockwave to counter Boros, but what we would need for that, would be a formula that says how quickly shockwaves loose their enegy over time (or distances) and how much of the inital energy of a punch will actually be passed on to the air molecules ( how much force is needed to create a shockwave) but,

I hope than one of you guys might have the honor ore the IQ to try to calculate that initial force of Saitamas attack.

But up to now: Saitamas Serious Punch had at least: 5,7000000000000047493e+33*10^33 joules.

This would make Saitama at least Planet level

You could also raise his durability to at least Planet level, as he could withstand his own punch.

Please correct my calculations and assumptions at any point if I'm wrong, as after writing for like 3 hours strait or longer can lead to some "Serious Missunderstandings" XD.

Ironwally (talk) 22:00, February 24, 2020 (CET)

Everything in here is a hard no-no for obvious reasons.

We go by the manga as a primary source of canon, which has Boros stating that he'll only 'shave off' the planet. Anime information is voided since it contradicts what the manga says.

Back