• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saint Seiya Thingie

Matthew_Schroeder

VS Battles
Retired
I added a new ability to the Saint Seiya gods, just felt like clearing up doubts people would have as to why it's there.

Basically, every Saint Seiya God now has "His / Her Cosmos passively disables the Five Senses + Mind" in their profile.

This is from the Light Novel, Saint Seiya Gigantomachia:

GodFeat
- O último dos Gigas, senhor de todos os ventos malignos. Não permitirei que machuque mais os Cavaleiros.
-Você, mulher cinza - Tifon está frente a frente com a deusa que tanto odeia.
-Tifon.
-Atena.
No instante em que dois deuses pronunciam os nomes um do outro, explodem os espíritos presentes no verbo. Tifon e Atena se tornam halos e começaram a cintilar. Uma energia equivalente a um choque entre galaxias cobre todos os cantos numa massa ofuscante. As vontades dos deuses colidem no interior da gruta. Os seis sentidos, quando expostos aos deuses, são negados e inutilizados. So resta o Cosmo, a única coisa que conserva a identidade individual de cada um dos seres presentes.

Or:

"The last of the Gigas, Lord of all the evil winds. I shall not allow you to hurt the Saints any longer."
"You, gray woman." Typhon is standing before the goddess he hates so much.
"Typhon."
"Athena."
In the instant that the two gods pronounce each other's name, the spirits present within the verb explode. Typhon and Athena become halos and begin to shine. An energy equivalent to a collision between galaxies covers everything with an unbearable mass. The Will of the Gods collide in the cavern's interior. The six senses, when exposed to the gods, are negated and made useless. Only the Cosmos remains, the only thing that conserves the individual identity of every one of the beings' there present.

So not only can gods like Athena release Multi-Galactic levels of power by speaking, their mere presence will negate your five senses as well as your sixth (Your mind).

Since this isn't something up for debate and interpretation, but rather plainly stated, I added to all the profiles.

Yeah, it's from Saint Seiya Gigantomachia, which was developed in conjunction by Kurumada and another guy. The Novel follows the manga to a T, and it's designed as a Gaiden story set beween Poseidon and Hades.

@Matthew: Just a question came to me here and probably may be an obvious one, but how would this work if they fought someone in a versus fight that's not from their verse?

Does said person have resistence to Sensory manipulation / Biological Manipulation? If not, then their senses will be removed.

Does said person have resistance to Mind Manipulation? If not, then their mind will be shut down.

And if they have the later but not the former (Since it's a more common resistance in fiction), then they'd likely be rendered senseless but remain thinking. And I can't think of many characters who can function normally with their mind only.

Aye, thanks.

Is that like in reference to most characters all the way up to Tier 3....right?

You said "I can't think of many characters who can function normally with their mind only".

As in, there's not a lot of characters from even of their tier in Tier 3 that can do such a thing that you said, right? Also, i'm gonna assume this will apply obviously to even in their Tier 2 states, mm?

Yeah.

Resisting Sensory Removal is not a very common thing in fiction. And yes, this feat is done by Clothless Athena so it obviously extends to the Tier 2 SS Gods.

Although the nature of the character in question needs to be evaluated. There's a lot of cosmic beings who's biology isn't like that of a human, and they don't have senses like we understand them, so they wouldn't be affected.

Other series, however, have Tier 3 characters who are just people with really strong power, and they'd have no defense against this.

Athena can solo DBS by osmosis

I assume this works on foes who are 2-C and below. In Athena's case anyway. Far stronger opponents likely are unaffected. Correct?

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I assume this works on foes who are 2-C and below. In Athena's case anyway. Far stronger opponents likely are unaffected. Correct?
Yeah. That's a fair assumption.

Okay, sorry for slight off topic, but I didn't want to waste people's time creating a new thread for this and it seems there is little discussion to be has about the actual topic.

So Pegasus Seiya is rated as Low 2-C via very slightly harming 2-Cs. However if Pokemon or Alien X before his 2-A upgrade is any reference, the gap between Low 2-C and 2-C is extremely high.

So high, that someone who can perform Low 2-C feats with a mere heartbeat, breath of air or thought is apparently weaker than a 2-C.

Because of this, even if the harm was super minor, the fact that Pegasus was able to harm a 2-C at all given the gap should make him 2-C I think. At least, on a far lower spectrum of 2-C than the others.

What do you people think?

I also agree. But should Overture Seiya be 2-C too? All he did was give Apollo a paper cut (Granted, Apollo is >>>>>>>>> Athena)

@Matt You can literally do Low 2-C stuff with just a heartbeat, breath of air or thought and be weaker than a 2-C according to the Tiering System. Even if Pegaus gave him a paper cut (granted that it isn't PIS) he should still be 2-C. Albiet on a far lower end of 2-C than Apollo.

Then I think he should be 2-C, to be consistent with how we'd rate other things like Pokemon, Sailor Moon and Alien X.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Seems good to me too. Tho Question.
How would this work against characters who are omnipresent and/or have no true form at all?
As Matt said we would judge it on a case-by-case basis. Honestly, no one aside from Digimon, Marvel, DC, Pokemon or the occasional random tier 2 of the day fight Saint Seiya characters(For obvious reasons. Those are the only few verses that can either do something or win against them). So we just have to judge by that.

Keep in mind that Seiya also just so happened to damage (however slightly so) a far above baseline 2-C in Apollo, so it's not as if Seiya only slightly hurt someone who was barely 2-C to begin with. I think that key merits an upgrade as well. Looks like this is good to go as far as logic and approval from lots of people are concerned.

I suppose that this seems to make sense.

Back