• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saint Seiya - Hades and Athena Conceptual Manipulation

The issue is that in the 4 major languages. There is a horrible issue with translators leaving whole lines if kanji our or completely skipping over a kanji like a character name which both end up completely altering what is said

This is a huge problem in BR and Spanish Dark Wing atm.

The problem with English versions in the past was 1 prominent SS translator purposely altered text to make the Gold Saints seem more impress than they actually are. There are 2 translators fixing what he's done atm.

i know exactly who you’re talking about.

Also BR translations tend to wank G from what I seem by adding in things nit there

I’ve seen Spanish (or was it Portuguese?) translations do that with the classic. Many instances of it can be found in Matt’s speed blog which has so much wrong with it I don’t even understand where to begin

French just... skip around and skip kanji or translate things in reverse

Sl yeah... imo only using raws are usable and qr shoukd already know why that's a,pain
Unfortunately most of just can’t read or understand japanese, and given how context-dependent it is, it can lead to a lot of inaccuracies

English translations are now being done by much more reliable people, so hopefully the duel of the fates powerscalers doesn't happen again.
Either way, the profiles are in a horrible state and it would be easier to remake from the ground up with a new Cosmo blog, cosmology blog, etc

The Eris scan was translated on Reddit by non power scalers, that one is fine, but double checking is fine

I agree. Also OP, I don’t think Seiya has enough of a following like Marvel/DC to require 3 staff votes, so the 2 should be enough to apply changes.

Sure, @Executor_N0 could you help?
That word means concept/idea. If that refers to some abstract force or literary just an idea that they are immortal, that is beyond the scope of a translation.

Like, there's an exact line like that in Digimon about Boarmon, that they have no concept of "turning". But that is a description that they just move on and tend to not stop, not a literal "it's impossible for them to turn around".

So in that one, it could just be talking they don't have concept of death because Hades allows them to be immortal or constantly. But that is unrelated to translation matters.

Hades is said to remove the concept of death from his Spectres, making them effectively immortal, unable to fully die.

"彼ら冥闘士に死という概念は存在しないのです"

"The concept of death does not exist for the Spectres"
One last thing which is unrelated...I also personally think that Hades' profile should be split into different versions, Lost Canvas is in a different dimension from the main Saint Seiya dimension, so Hades (Alone) should probably have his own tab.
Shaka has a scene right before his 3v1 kinda bullying some spectres proving Hades haven't turned them Immortal lol;
From what people said in my Shaka thread, Hades and the other gods are the exact same in every dimension (maybe being on Shun's body was nerfing him so badly that he couldn't do it on Classic), so, afaik, they should be on the same profile page...

Other than that, seems fine by me, imma read the rest of the thread before the next input.

Edit: reading the thread I'm just sad no mod came down to my thread but here they came in a second 🥺 either way, I still agree with OP

Shaka has a scene right before his 3v1 kinda bullying some spectres proving Hades haven't turned them Immortal lol;
From what people said in my Shaka thread, Hades and the other gods are the exact same in every dimension (maybe being on Shun's body was nerfing him so badly that he couldn't do it on Classic), so, afaik, they should be on the same profile page...
Nah, that's just a case of Hades' whims, if he wanted them to be immortal, he could've made them immortal, but he doesn't actually want to. Shaka basically implies that Hades hates the idea of immortal humans at least in classic.

He revived some Gold Saints for like 12 hours and promised them immortality if they killed Athena for example, so it's not something he was restricted from

Shaka also has hax capable of sealing Spectres which bypasses their immortality.

Last edited:
Shaka basically implies that Hades hates the idea of immortal humans at least in classic.
Hmm, yeah, that makes sense
And sums up with Hades lying to them (as Shaka made them conclude) or Shaka didn't knew that piece of information and convinced them that there's no such thing as Immortal being

Shaka also has hax capable of sealing Spectres which bypasses their immortality.
That's neat, didn't remember that

Back