• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saint Seiya Discussion Thread (IV)

So wait if I'm getting this right, you're saying that the Mainstay isn't enduring the end of the universe all at once? Is it in reference to Shijima vs Shaka?
I'm just saying it's inconclusively vague. Though I think I wouldn't particularly object to a "possibly 3-A" takeaway for it. I'm talking about the collapse of the universe that's moments away in the story currently, as an immediate and imminent "end of the universe" in the story.

I'm just saying it's inconclusively vague. Though I think I wouldn't particularly object to a "possibly 3-A" takeaway for it. I'm talking about the collapse of the universe that's moments away in the story currently, as an immediate and imminent "end of the universe" in the story.
Sounds like an obtuse way of reading into it ngl. Poseidon was speaking about it being vastly more durable than the other pillars, and said used the end of the universe as a benchmark. I guess the meaning remains regardless of what circumstances bring about the end of the universe, but it also has to hold true if the end of the universe comes to be under natural conditions.

Sounds like an obtuse way of reading into it ngl. Poseidon was speaking about it being vastly more durable than the other pillars, and said used the end of the universe as a benchmark. I guess the meaning remains regardless of what circumstances bring about the end of the universe, but it also has to hold true if the end of the universe comes to be under natural conditions.
Yes, there are numerous destructive ways (hence a durability feat from surviving it) in which the universe could end that isn't 3-A (exactly like in the actual Saint Seiya story itself via Next Dimension), this is why it's closer to being inconclusive and at most a "possibly 3-A" instead of a definite rating.

It even seems like Poseidon's describing the end as a natural phenomenon rather than someone going out of their way to blow it up with a 3-A attack in an attempt to destroy the pillar (something pretty illogical in a story where everyone would be against destroying the universe, even the antagonists, and they always reduce the AOE of their attacks), the story even mentions how the universe will inevitably end one day.
df63494e4c030d9ca0bb85ebd8fbf410.png

something pretty illogical in a story where everyone would be against destroying the universe, even the antagonists, and they always reduce the AOE of their attacks)
But irregardless of whether or not it would happen, he’s saying, If you did try it, it would be useless

But irregardless of whether or not it would happen, he’s saying, If you did try it, it would be useless
He just vaguely mentions the actual phenomenon, not someone actually destroying it with some 3-A technique. Honestly the fact that he even mentions the phenomenon indicates he has some sort of natural end to the universe in mind rather than someone just destroying it, because it would be pretty redundant and pointless in a story that allows the concept of limiting the AOE of a technique while it keeps the same force in that range.

In addition to the relationships about the passage of time, and because they are eternal, we can also remember that in the beginning of the Next Dimension the fields of Elysium were moved to the earth and could fit there.

Seiya against Hades in the Elysium field (), Alone, Hades' host body from 240 years ago, being remembered by Hades himself from when Tenma was his friend, and himself in the Elysiums ( ). Dohko and Shion receiving information that Hades was in Elysium (), and Dohko was going to kill him now (http://imgur.com/a/My8oVye). Eventually, we are shown that not only were the fields of Elysium teleported to earth, but also Hades' shrine with his sword (http://imgur.com/a/238jilW), and also his castle (http://imgur .com/a/zQEp1uS ).

Elísios is not infinite and has never been said to have an infinite SIZE, who says that is because they do not know how to interpret a mere scan
It never mentions that Elyseum was on Earth at the time.

In fact, only the year on Earth, which is 1990, is mentioned.
地上暦一九九〇年エリシオン
qx6rD69.jpg

In the other scene, it just describes in Italy there is a flower meadow, which the local people called Elyseum, because they considered it a paradisiacal place like the Elyseum. In short, it's just a place in Italy that the local people called that way.
まるで冥界のユートピアエリシオンのように花が咲き乱れた場所なので地元ではそう呼ばれているようです
TpSgqmu.jpg

You will know, right? Kuramada is the guy who works the most with hyperboles, even in boxing manga the guy uses exaggerations, lol

I just want to argue about it :3
No, in fact, Kurumada almost never uses hyperbole, you even have in Bt'X, where Kurumada mentions the energy needed to destroy a planet, in this story the prota's scientist brother calculates what would be enough energy to defeat Raphaelo (first form) and literally comes to the conclusion that enough energy to defeat him could destroy the planet and you literally have a graphic image of the planet being destroyed in that scene.

Kurumada has an idea of how much energy you need to destroy a planet and other things, so really to say that his descriptions are hyperbole is almost impossible.

Some news.

Champion RED 3 2023 was published and, as I mentioned before, this month's cover was dedicated to Rerise of Poseidon.

This is the cover.
EcTW0Pq.jpg

Two images of the chapter.
ga1faAP.jpg
OL5RE0c.jpg

The warriors of Nemesis are called Spirits, and the two that appear in the images are Bellerophon (ベレロポーン) and Terpsichore (テレプシコラ).

More images:
Jt4pi64.jpg

xJEKlHO.jpg
p3ReCLs.jpg
K8ybzlA.jpg
oMfioYt.jpg

l42zfin.jpg

tW8Sl3R.jpg

8HFehIm.jpg

SJMjaI5.jpg

C6puAPt.jpg

CreoR1i.jpg

Poseidon will bestow his blood to the Generals. This confirms that this manga is Soul of Gold 2.0 and is basically a Bandai commercial to sell figures (Myth Cloth), first they promoted the Surplice Scale that will be released in the next months and now we will probably see God Scales.

The Chapter 3 of Rerise of Poseidon will be published in Champion RED 6 2023, published on April 19, confirming that this series will have an irregular publication in this magazine.

The Chapter 21 of Dark Wing was also published in this month's Champion RED, but there are no spoilers for the chapter.

Last edited:
I had not had time to comment on it.

The chapter 2 of Rerise of Poseidon is really interesting, but this is mainly due to some anti-feats this chapter has, to the point that I even start to wonder if the other mangakas really believe in the powers Kurumada described for their characters or just consider it all hyperbole.

Poseidon mentions that he will stay at Cape Sunion to strengthen his cosmos and cover the seas with his cosmos to create a barrier to protect Earth and prevent Nemesis from destroying it. Not such a bad feat, but not that impressive either. Although it should be mentioned that the Andrastea asteroid is not that big, but well it supposedly has the power to destroy the earth and the seas, so its impact destroys the entire surface of the planet minimally.

And probably, the most interesting part of the chapter, is when Sorrento, Baian and Io describe that the Temple of Nemesis is 60 kilometers away and crossing this distance would take them 30 minutes, if they don't have any setbacks, this is well below the speed of light, or even close to the speed of light as the Generals were supposed to have in the original manga, because as we know they are not at the level of the Gold Saints, except Kanon.

I don't know if you've already seen this spoiler, but chapter 21 of Dark Wing introduces a new god.
b7orkmh.jpg
Moros, the god who rules over the death and the god who defines the death, who is said to lurk from an abyss darker and deeper than the Underworld. From the description, it seems that he is death in this universe, even his image is represented with a skull.

By the way, does anyone have any information on this god from Greek mythology, because I've only found a few descriptions that seem to indicate that he is absurdly powerful, although most don't really have sources.

Moros (Greek): The supreme power, Doom or Destiny, the son of Night, whom even the gods of Olympus obeyed. Though seldom personified in the myths, being conceived as shadowy and invisible, his presence as a force is pervasive and omnipotent. From him all power stems, and with him lies the sole power to remove gods from their station.

I have also seen that Moros is related to the Moirai, I hope his own version of the Moirai will appear in this story.

So another enemy for Shoichiro and company, now it's Demiurgos, Moros and Matsuri, maybe they can force Shoichiro to use more than 5% of his power.

Also Charlotte is back.
RfotJnS.jpeg

2OH9an6.jpeg

0jHMyLx.jpeg

CMXeXJa.jpeg

Last edited:
Although it should be mentioned that the Andrastea asteroid is not that big, but well it supposedly has the power to destroy the earth and the seas, so its impact destroys the entire surface of the planet minimally.
It is powered by a god only for the purpose of species wiping, so it’s dc is understandably not that huge.

Soldiers Soul is like the only media to do them justice, God Cloth Saga's Galaxian Explosion there looks as close to legitimate multi REAL planet busting out of any depiction I can think of.

More previews of the upcoming season of Next Dimension, and it is also informed that ND Volume 14, the upcoming Final Edition Volumes and the movie will be released around the same time. So this is an explosive year for Saint Seiya as Izo Okada describes.
N9oPRVN.jpg

It is interesting how even the assistant only mentions productions related to Kurumada's work.

Wow, Sasha canon is very pale, and it's interesting how they covered her head, even Kurumada knows that fans are interested in seeing the color of her hair, I suspect it's white or the same color as Saori but lighter, a symptom of her poor health like her pale skin and maybe when she regains her strength and health, her skin color will return to normal and she will take on Saori's brown hair color.

Regardless of all the problems this story has, it will always be the manga that generates the most interest and expectation among fans.

Some data from the last chapter of Dark Wing.

Curiously, Hades does not seem to have any extra information about the Demiurgos and they only know what Athena mentioned about him.

Thanatos mentions that the reason he and Hypnos cannot manifest in the world is due to Moros, who is the only god with such power, and seems to imply that he is also responsible for Hades not being able to awaken completely.

Some fans are theorizing that Moros may be the Julius, since in the silhouette of Moros we can see that he has short hair like Julius, and we must also remember that he appears as a subordinate of the Demiurgos in chapter 16. Although there is also the scene in chapter 19 where the silhouette of Julius appears behind Eito, in what seems to be an image that represents the Demiurgos. So place your bets, Julius is Moros, the Demiurgos or even a combination of both gods.

Esther (the Sphinx girl) informs Yoruhime that two Specters have awakened, one of them was Charlotte, so the other Specter that has awakened hasn't been introduced yet, I guess they will show it in the next chapter and I also guess it will be another girl.

In general, the only contribution to the story is the appearance and mention of Moros, the rest is the typical slice of life of this manga.

About the chapter 2 of Rerise of Poseidon.

There is nothing more to add, perhaps the only interesting thing I have not mentioned before is that Terpsichore can produce with his harp a high frequency sound inaudible to the human ear to create an illusion in the brain of his opponent.

Ignoring some descriptions and mistakes of this author, this manga is the one that has more spirit of Saint Seiya, and not only because its drawing is the most similar to Kurmada's style, but also in the way the story develops. No wonder why this manga is the one that is generating more hype among fans, I can even say that since The Lost Canvas (the original manga) and Saintia Sho (first chapters) I had not seen so much interest from fans of this franchise in a spin-off, I have even seen some really hardcore fans, who only read and follow Kurumada's works, interested in this manga. Well, at least in France, Italy, Brazil and the Latin American countries where Saint Seiya was really popular, because I don't know if the fans in Japan and China have the same interest in this project.

It remains to be seen whether interest in this manga will be sustained in the following chapters, for the moment it will be the only spin-off whose spoilers appear quite quickly and whose plot and full chapter appear even before the digital magazine is published.

So it seems that the only thing that the fans of this franchise want is a simple story with the style of Saint Seiya and with only a few new elements, like using the Mariners and Poseidon in the story.
About time. I really doubt they will do anything with moros relation to the moirai, because practically all non Olympian greek gods in this franchise are related to them. eris, nemesis, and of course Kerr, and the twins
Yes, but from what I read, Moros is sometimes introduced as the chief of the Moirai in Greek mythology, so they could show them as gods under his command in this story. Anyway, I want to see the Morai, these goddesses have always seemed quite interesting to me, and although I liked their participation in Time Odyssey, I feel that these goddesses could have a more relevant participation in a story than just a chapter.

By the way, Jerome and Alquie mentioned that the other Hours could be stronger than the Morai in terms of power and combat abilities, because they were not combat-focused and simply had a very specific ability that was necessary to help with Chronos' goal. So we can say that the Moirai were beings with impressive and unique abilities, but they were not combat-focused warriors.
Soldiers Soul is like the only media to do them justice, God Cloth Saga's Galaxian Explosion there looks as close to legitimate multi REAL planet busting out of any depiction I can think of.
Yes, it's even interesting how Saga uses his dimensional abilities to throw his opponent into outer space and then attacks with the Galaxian Explosion there, which from what we can see reaches a multi-planetary range, being the only time this technique is shown with such a range in the franchise.

Last edited:
It’s sad ND gets the most attention given it’s quite possibly one of the worst shonen manga that at least I’ve ever read.

I’d definitely prefer it if DW, G or RoP had more hype going for them.

So, you know how Manga ss has infinite speed? I just realized toei ss should also get that, considering we have

1.Infinite cosmos Sagg Seiya,Libra shiryu, and Aquarius Hyoga, (And Abel 1-shot Hyoga and shiryu at the same time, easily reflected Seiyas attack, and Seiya called Abel’s Cosmo Vast)

2.Elysium fight Seiya was Said by Athena to be able to have infinite power with a miracle that can surpass gods, + Cosmo greater than any other time prior. Which includes the Abel movie. Y know, where his Cosmo “endlessly increased without limits, After obtaining infinite cosmos”.

3. Right before he got the god cloth, Athena told him to raise his Cosmo to its Ultimate point. So God cloths are def > Abel movie Seiya.

3. Omega users are said to have the ultimate cosmo beyond the ultimate Cosmo. + Omega is the power of miracles, And the Cosmo seiya raised to gain his god cloth was also via a miracle. So Omega cloth characters are > God cloths. EoS Titan and Seiya would scale to this, and Saturn and Ultimate Omega cloth Koga obviously are far beyond that.

So, you know how Manga ss has infinite speed? I just realized toei ss should also get that, considering we have
Didn't the previous topic apply to manga and anime?. The anime is basically an adaptation of the manga, even Kurumada himself considers the adaptation of the Hades Arc (Hell and Elysium) as the best adaptation of his manga, and Kurumada makes more references to the anime than to any spin-off manga.

Well, technically, the wiki considers them both canon to one another, but there’s gonna be a canon split eventually, so it’s less work overall this way.

We have to wait for the canon revisions because upgrading certain pages only to have to downgrade them like a few weeks later due to a seperate CRT is a pain. But there might be grounds for Low 1-C LC. We'll see
I really doubt tier 1, at most the verse is 2-A and still crying, but let's see what will turn out

Back