• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saint Seiya Discussion Thread (IV)

Sorry bro Kanji for the multiverse does appear. I double checked.
No, it only mentions the inner universe of beings and the outer universe that surrounds them, and how their mind transcends the notion of space and time, identifying their own existence, it is a philosophical and enlightenment based theme, that is why in the end Asmita managed to understand how the world really works at that moment.

No, it only mentions the inner universe of beings and the outer universe that surrounds them, and how their mind transcends the notion of space and time, identifying their own existence, it is a philosophical and enlightenment based theme, that is why in the end Asmita managed to understand how the world really works at that moment.
.... the Kanji for "notion" doesn't appear... that would make it an even higher Tier 1 feat of it did....

We can agree to disagree but I'm going to be go by what People who live on Japan says not flimsy normally wrong translation that get translated from Japan to French then to another language line English pr BR which is what I noticed happened. A rushed translation with little quality control.

.... the Kanji for "notion" doesn't appear... that would make it an even higher Tier 1 feat of it did....

We can agree to disagree but I'm going to be go by what People who live on Japan says not flimsy normally wrong translation that get translated from Japan to French then to another language line English pr BR which is what I noticed happened. A rushed translation with little quality control.
Yes, but the Spanish fans have a better translation, even someone who knows the language translated that part and simply mentions that his mind transcends space and time. And before that, reference is made to the universe and how Asmita understood both his inner self and the universe around him. There is no mention of the multiverse in that scene, in fact as far as I remember only Okada uses the word multiverse in his story.

Yes, but the Spanish fans have a better translation, even someone who knows the language translated that part and simply mentions that his mind transcends space and time. And before that, reference is made to the universe and how Asmita understood both his inner self and the universe around him. There is no mention of the multiverse in that scene, in fact as far as I remember only Okada uses the word multiverse in his story.
There is 3 different kanjis for multiverse.

多元宇宙論 simply refers to the theory of a multiverse in a generalized sense.

what is the page number for me to see here in my language?

Probably won't do much good. Every translation I saw ripped from the French Translator Cede who translated things backwards in a few cases horrible changed the meaning of sentence. He's the guy that got "Notion" and "concept" of Space time transcendence from the LC special chapter but no where does it mention that. He also mistranslated "multiple dimensions" because that's not what that Kanji actually means. There were other mistakes he made on there but those were the 2 most prominent ones.

There is 3 different kanjis for multiverse.

多元宇宙論 simply refers to the theory of a multiverse in a generalized sense.
No, it is simply the way in which the multiverse is directly described, a word that only Okada uses, the rest describe it indirectly with mentions of parallel universes or something that could refer to the existence of a multiverse.

No, it is simply the way in which the multiverse is directly described, a word that only Okada uses, the rest describe it indirectly with mentions of parallel universes or something that could refer to the existence of a multiverse.
That Kanji I showed literally means "theory of the multiverse".......

..... there,is 2 other Kanji that mean a physical and tangible multiverse not a theory of it .....

Okada uses both of those out of 3

Lc used 1 of them...

This is the translation of that scene in Spanish.
XQbBbhK.jpg

P18
Ilias: Desafortunadamente, la gente en la Tierra se olvidó de esto, ellos ignoran el deseo por rezos y armonía
Están entrando a una era de mentiras, explotación, destrucción y división
Y "la profecía dice"
"Una calabaza llena de cenizas caerá sobre la tierra del sol"

P19
Sisyphos: ¡¡Asmita...!!
Asmita: La fundación del universo existe tanto dentro como en el exterior
Eso es cierto hasta el final

ON2DAT9.jpg

P20-21
Sisyphos: El Cosmo de Asmita está incrementando...
Extendiéndose más allá del territorio de su pensamiento...
Asmita: Qué... es como ser liberado de una especie de restricción
Como entendi la estructura de este mundo desde el principio...
Yo sé quien soy...
Mis pensamientos han ido más allá del tiempo y espacio
Ah sin dudarlo ni por un momento...

cxTpY0P.jpg

P22-23
Asmita: Yo soy...
Sisyphos: No puede ser, estos son los pensamientos de Asmita...
Illias: Has despertado... Asmita

Asmita: Si, no soy mas que una parte en la fundacion de este universo
Tú también... es lo mismo para todos los que cargan con esta vida cíclica
Ilias: Exacto, y esto es así aun cuando te encuentras en el Inframundo
No te pierdas en ti mismo cuando te enfrentes al tiempo eterno
Sisyphos, tu tambien despertarás pronto
Lo puedo ver
... no, algún día todos los seres en este planeta despertarán
Y en ese momento, nadie podra ser confundido por Hades o ningún otro mal
There is no mention of the multiverse in this scene.

That Kanji I showed literally means "theory of the multiverse".......

..... there,is 2 other Kanji that mean a physical and tangible multiverse not a theory of it .....

Okada uses both of those out of 3

Lc used 1 of them...
No, in that story they never use that word, even there is only an inderect mention to the existence of other worlds, but there is never a scene describing the multiverse as such.

Last edited:
This is the translation of that scene in Spanish.
P17
Sisyphos: ¡¡Asmita...!!
Asmita: La fundación del universo existe tanto dentro como en el exterior
Eso es cierto hasta el final

P19
Sisyphos: El Cosmo de Asmita está incrementando...
Extendiéndose más allá del territorio de su pensamiento...
Asmita: Qué... es como ser liberado de una especie de restricción
Como entendi la estructura de este mundo desde el principio...
Yo sé quien soy...
Mis pensamientos han ido más allá del tiempo y espacio
Ah sin dudarlo ni por un momento...

P20
Asmita: Yo soy...
Sisyphos: No puede ser, estos son los pensamientos de Asmita...
Illias: Has despertado... Asmita
There is no mention of the multiverse in this scene.
2 things here

1 wrong pages

2 use raws

Edit: 3rd thing. Says the sane thing as ceddes French translation says which got a lot wrong

2 things here

1 wrong pages

2 use raws

Edit: 3rd thing. Says the sane thing as ceddes French translation says which got a lot wrong
I already added the raw and this translation is not based on the French translation, because it was translated directly by a user of a Spanish forum, I think it was Thirdeye, one of the users who answer questions and translate TLC scenes, because the others translate only Kurumada's work.

I already added the raw and this translation is not based on the French translation, because it was translated directly by a user of a Spanish forum, I think it was Thirdeye, one of the users who answer questions and translate TLC scenes, because the others translate only Kurumada's work.
Since you provided the scans that clears a lot up

It doesn't appear on those pages. I domt remember if it was before or after though

I to be frank don’t trust any translation I haven’t verified with raws, especially Spanish translations as a lot of them seem to just randomly add words that don’t exist in the raws.

Question, I remember reading the Saint Seiya original manga a long time ago, and it always bothers me how come the people around Athena weren't affected by her passive abilities? Or any people around the Gods for that matter?

Her passives are pretty much based on her aura for the most part. Basically, they only activate when she’s in a position of wanting to fight. She doesn’t really fight much. Also, god passives generally don’t affect their allies and subordinates. I can really only think of one case of that.

Her passives are pretty much based on her aura for the most part. Basically, they only activate when she’s in a position of wanting to fight. She doesn’t really fight much. Also, god passives generally don’t affect their allies and subordinates. I can really only think of one case of that.
I see but did Athena ever displayed her passive abilities is anyone of the Saint Seiya franchises before?

I see but did Athena ever displayed her passive abilities is anyone of the Saint Seiya franchises before?
Yeah, She’s paralyzed a silver saint with her aura, stopped sorrento with her aura, stripped the 6 senses during her battle with typhon, and kicked out evil sagas soul using her shields passive. Her other passives are From scaling

Yeah, She’s paralyzed a silver saint with her aura, stopped sorrento with her aura, stripped the 6 senses during her battle with typhon, and kicked out evil sagas soul using her shields passive. Her other passives are From scaling
I see also regarding to her mid-godly regeneration, how did Athena die after she got her head cut off by a single sword of Aiolos' sword, the same Aiolos that cut off her head didn't even activate the 9th sense yet, albeit he used a sword with unknown properties?

8864786-7786942-saint_seiya_episode_g_assassin_98_1%281%29.jpg

If something like this can kill her, then her mid-godly regeneration would definitely putting me on edge.
for starters, not all characters have passive regen, meaning she would have to want to regen, and secondly, we know what it looks like when a god is killed and they become an ethereal form, like Zeus, Hades and Athena in GR.

She wanted this to happen, she let this happen, there is no anti-feat.

I see also regarding to her mid-godly regeneration, how did Athena die after she got her head cut off by a single sword of Aiolos' sword, the same Aiolos that cut off her head didn't even activate the 9th sense yet, albeit he used a sword with unknown properties?
Regen Neg for Aiolos

Some news.

The preview of the next Champion RED confirms that it will be an issue dedicated to Saint Seiya.
82UwI9s.jpg

This issue will include chapter 23 of Dark Wing, chapter 3 of Rerise of Poseidon and a special chapter of Requiem. In addition, the cover image will be dedicated to Rerise of Poseidon.

The main news:

Next Dimension returns April 13 (two days after the return of the Champions League).
kkyrn1ZL_o.jpg

Sasha is blonde, officially there is a blonde Athena in this universe, a reference to the blonde Athena from the live-action movie (have you noticed how Kurumada makes more references to the movies and anime in his work than to any other work in this franchise?).
0.jpg

Literally in the last chapter of this series it is mentioned that the regeneration of the gods takes them hundreds or thousands of years (although it seems that it can be accelerated with external help), so there is no anti-regeneration in that scene. Also, Athena does not seem to have any kind of regeneration due to her status as a mortal goddess and is only reincarnated in a new body after some time (a few years).

Only in canon is there a regeneration and resurrection feat thanks to the 8th Sense, which allowed her to resurrect and heal her body after being killed even by a god-killing weapon, such as the Sword of Chrysus, but currently Athena no longer has the 8th Sense and can die by this weapon, so Ikki will have to make the decision to kill Athena. Although the new concept Kurumada is introducing in his current works seems to indicate that a god can only die with a divine weapon/sacred treasure (it even seems that Kenji Saito in Dark Wing took note of this), such as the Sword of Chrysus (by the Pope he gives this weapon to Ikki to kill Athena and avoid the destruction of the universe) or the Golden Arrow (that in Saintia Sho this arrow is introduced as a weapon to defeat the gods, along with the Sword of Chrysus and other objects, and in Knights of the Zodiac this arrow is also introduced as a weapon to kill gods, so it is quite likely that Kurumada will introduce this concept more clearly in the Final Edition).

Although it sounds pretty silly for Kurumada to introduce this concept, if we analyze the story of the classic manga, why the Specters were sent to kill Athena without a special weapon, in Dark Wing, Saito solves it with the arrow given to Shoichiro, but Saint Seiya the Specters never mention anything about that, basically it was an impossible mission for these guys.

In addition, the regeneration of Saint Seiya characters has to degrade.

By the way, it will be epic that Ikki tries to kill Asclepius with the Sword of Chrysus and only regenerates after this, showing us how his immortality surpasses that of the gods, although Kurumada could also use this so that the Bronze Saints can fight Asclepius (without an absurd excuse like the God Cloths), maybe the Sword can kill him or permanently wound him. Although everything seems to indicate that the weapon they will use to defeat him is the Arrow of the Goddess, whose power is to eliminate (not destroy, eliminate, the manga literally says eliminate) a target forever.
The shield at that moment released a ray of light, something that Athena does not use in her battles, so it is not passive in any way and is a power of the shield that must be activated, like the energy rays that Nike can release, of course if the goddess decides to fight, although her pacifism prevents her from fighting to the maximum and with murderous intentions.

There is a more impressive feat of her paralyzing Shura in Episode Zero passively with her cosmos.
16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

What is interesting is that Shura has resistance to paralysis, as he was able to resist the paralyzing effect of Aiolos' Shadow Arrow.
14.jpg

15.jpg

There is also the fact of Nike's passive ability to always win, although it is not an ability of Athena as such, it is an ability of a goddess that always accompanies her, we even saw in Episode Zero how she always travels with Athena, so simply the goddess will win all her battles because she literally has victory in her hands.

However, I still wonder why the ability to redirect attacks scales to gods other than Athena, Hades and Poseidon, these being the only gods to use this ability in the manga.

Last edited:
Shouldn't Shura get an upgrade for killing Zeus?
We will probably rename that page to Shura (Episode.G Saga) or something like that, and create a new one for the main universe version. If it's worth creating a page for this version of Shura, well we'll have to see which pages even stay and which ones go, after all many of the pages are somewhat unnecessary, for example creating pages for the Gold Saints of Next Dimension (with the exception of Shijima, Abel/Cain, Gestalt and maybe Deathtoll) seems like a completely unnecessary effort, because they would basically be a copy paste of the classic characters.

However, I still wonder why the ability to redirect attacks scales to gods other than Athena, Hades and Poseidon, these being the only gods to use this ability in the manga.
it seems implied to me that the reflection doesn’t work on deities. Because Poseidon and aclepsius says that if you spit at the heavens, it will back on to you, which implies human vs gods.

Back