• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saint Seiya Discussion Thread (IV)

Okay, but my argument wasn't even translation based that phrase is pretty unambiguous and straightforward, it's the simple context of how someone who would be in the same situation as Hades under the notion that his soul was intact is neglected to ever be considered as having completely perished as Hades by his own admission confirms he's about to be.

Okay, but my argument wasn't even translation based that phrase is pretty unambiguous and straightforward, it's the simple context of how someone who would be in the same situation as Hades under the notion that his soul was intact is neglected to ever be considered as having completely perished as Hades by his own admission confirms he's about to be.
Perish literally means to die, nothing at all in any capacity implies Hades’ soul has been harmed. Dead people in SS exist as souls all the time.

Well I don't think simply his Mythological body has ever been considered to be the entire "Hades" character, and his soul has always been part of it.

So here's what I found.
The translator confirmed what Lancelot said at first, for much the same reason. However, I took a look at the kanji Okada used when he had Saga comment on his Demon Emperor Fist and there Okada used a kanji that very explicitly means 'mind' (心)
https://media.discordapp.net/attach...767123703861360/0103.jpg?width=380&height=559
Since 精神 does not seem to have a direct counterpart in English Someone asked if It was possible for the word to have the dual meaning of soul/mind, and the translator said yes.

Aswell, based on this following scan it seems Kurumada believes Cosmo to be of a more fundamental essence than soul and mind. I'll paraphrase what I was told here since I'm not a kanji expert:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/959611949165973606/1020783408563114004/Saint-05-0038.jpg
'Here 精神 is in fact being used to say both "soul" and "mind" and it's also describing Cosmo as an even more fundamental essence as 生命 is used. It's the "whole" of an individuals "existence.'

Seishin is more of a religious term for metaphysical aspects if memory serves me well. And it wouldn’t make sense for Shura to be talking about his literal mind, as someone pointed at to me he got slashed across the torso, but the head.

Kreios is certainly attacking a metaphysical aspect of Shura’s being. Whether it’s his soul or some other metaphysical aspect is up for debate, but at that points it’s splitting hairs and mostly a semantical argument - which I don’t have the energy to take part in.

Aswell, based on this following scan it seems Kurumada believes Cosmo to be of a more fundamental essence than soul and mind. I'll paraphrase what I was told here since I'm not a kanji expert:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/959611949165973606/1020783408563114004/Saint-05-0038.jpg
'Here 精神 is in fact being used to say both "soul" and "mind" and it's also describing Cosmo as an even more fundamental essence as 生命 is used. It's the "whole" of an individuals "existence.'
Literally, the word used is psyche/mind, something that is also no different during the scene you describe, where Kurumada does not use the word soul at any point and simply describes the cosmos as being granted by his heart (心), mind/spirit/psyche (whatever you wish to call it) (精神), life/life force (生命) and ability/capacity (器量), before describing that the Seventh Sense is the true essence of the cosmos. In short, the Bronze Saints and probably also the Silver Saints believe that the cosmos is a force granted by their will/mind/psyche (that's why a disturbance of their psyche like rage can increase their cosmos or loss of will can make them weaken), life (the cosmos is basically connected to the life of living beings, that's why when they die their cosmos disappears with them, this is basically the way the Saints perceive that someone has died from a distance because their cosmos disappears) and ability, something that is true, but it is a half-truth as Mu explains, since the true essence of the cosmos is the 7th Sense.

They are simply referencing the mind/psyche in that scene, as they literally use the 精神, which as I indicate this word is used to describe the psyche, that's why Thanatos himself clearly indicates that he will kill Seika to torture or damage Seiya's mind/psyche during that moment, unless you believe that Seika has Seiya's soul, which is nonsense. So they never describe that they can damage a soul and only damage the opponent's body and mind/psyche, that's why even in that scene Shura starts to have a vision about Aiolos' funeral.

Last edited:
精神 can be taken as spirit/soul, but clearly not in the sense of incorporeal ghostly body from the context we see it used in
Soul
emotional or intellectual energy or intensity, especially as revealed in a work of art or an artistic performance.
"their interpretation lacked soul"
spirit

the nonphysical part of a person which is the seat of emotions and character; the soul.
"we seek a harmony between body and spirit"

those qualities regarded as forming the definitive or typical elements in the character of a person, nation, or group or in the thought and attitudes of a particular period.
"the university is a symbol of the nation's egalitarian spirit"
This is the sense of soul/spirit it refers to, which is why we see Thanatos use it while mentally torturing Seiya and trying to break his "spirit" by killing Seika, or why it's used to what the Genromaoken takes control of, which we know is the mind, and these instances don't describe the literal soul in any way.

Last edited:
a question who would win between titan and the other kings of palas vs radamantys with the blood of hades
Based on what I’ve seen, Titan and the others are much too slow to contend with Rhad, as they are only multiple times faster then golds, where as Rhad has the speed of a god. He’d simply blitz them immediately.

Last edited:
I’m talking about gods in general, which have general statements of controlling fate and destiny, at least as far as I remember. Saturn also has one as I recall

Basically it would be strange for this to be possible if they reappeared in their supposed positions in place light years away, especially in SS where the authors acknowledge the speed of light so often.
Actually, Ss and the speed of light have a pretty iffy relationship. For example, when the Star of Eris on like, the other side of the universe started to shine brighter, Saints noticed the light from earth within moments.
It seems more likely that both the Sho and G authors just ignored or forgot the fact that light has travel time. Which does happen in fiction often. Stuff will be happening at Ftl speeds, and then it’s perceived perfectly. Or chars will be clearly conversing at supersonic speeds, etc

On the topic that fate applies to gods. Uranus says that Hades' words about Athena dying at the hands of a Saint also suggests gods are subject to fate and can fate hax each other. But Athena was reborn so that could be taken as fate resistance, but It depends on the exact wording honestly.

In GR Uranus says Hades' prophecy came true and got Athena 'killed'. Although I'm rereading the chapter and it seems that Hades' words were non specific, because in a latter panel Arges says that they 'turned that powerful prophecy against Athena'

In GR Uranus says Hades' prophecy came true and got Athena 'killed'. Although I'm rereading the chapter and it seems that Hades' words were non specific, because in a latter panel Arges says that they 'turned that powerful prophecy against Athena'
That's referring to the special connection that Pegasus Saints have with defeating gods. It's not talking about a gods fate. Just that Hades realized what makes the Pegasus constellation so special

That's referring to the special connection that Pegasus Saints have with defeating gods. It's not talking about a gods fate. Just that Hades realized what makes the Pegasus constellation so special
But he didn't attack her bro, he just lost faith and she poofed out of existence. Well she didn't really but her body did.

The more accurate statement I guess would be to say her body gave into the flames when Seiya lost faith. Maybe it's a mix of the two?

An action he did, directly resulted in a deities death, thus godkiller
I mean yeah. But Uranus makes it sound like it was Hades' prophecy, not a special property of the Pegasus constellation. I guess the question is whoever granted the Pegasus that power.

Ikki-Hades looks so fire
Fd2Eiv9XgAcNnpI.jpg

Some images from chapter 2 of Time Odyssey and this is the chapter that completes Volume 1 of this story.
timeodyssey_japao_2_27.jpg

It seems that Ikki and the Moiras fought on a different plane and changed fate and the timeline, altering the fact that Ikki was originally chosen as Hades' host and, in the process, altering Hades' entire destiny as well. The main universe is basically a timeline altered by the Moiras.

I always wanted to see the Moiras in a Saint Seiya story and although I can say that their participation in this chapter was good, but I would have liked them to be the main antagonists of this story.

A bit of Guilty and Shaina's past is also shown.
i been looking at this scan forever, and its no where stated that Hades had his destiny manipulated. their talking about the pendant and changing that moment in time. which is not anything directly affecting Hades destiny. more like its altering Hades plans not Hades himself.

Also Kairos was mentioned on this page.

Is it possible to say Cain's Galaxian Explosion shakes multiple galaxies?
76fdf7113ccc7e4aa5778f240347d501.jpg

In the background when Cain performs GE against Odysseus, it shows what appears to be a completely different galaxy than the Milky Way?

Also I wonder why this isn't on his profile, this is easily one of the best feats done by any Gold Saint.

I'm not sure visuals are enough to argue that. Although I believe there have been instances where GE has been compared to 'galaxies' exploding, not just a single one.

I think the visual can be used in this instance because unlike the other instances when it was used, where it was just a statement of what it can do or has a power of, in this scene again really shakes the galaxy or more and this is a real event that’s happening in real time as he says.

Back