• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saint Seiya Discussion Thread (IV)

Dark Wing - Chapter 18:

Interesting, Hades didn't know what he was wrong when he said that Wynver was his strongest Specter and could easily defeat Athena's Saints.

Shoichiro overcame Gemini Saint and his most powerful technique in their previous fight, because he received less injuries than his brother in the clash of their techniques, even though it was the first time he used his Wraith powers. Now he stops Eito's Excalibur at full power with only one hand, outmatches him in speed and almost defeats him with a Greatest Caution (without all his power, because he claims to be weakened by his fight against Gemini).

Although the Demiurge comes to Eito's rescue and seems to give him a power up so he can fight a weakened Shoichiro.

Rirese of Poseidon - Chapter 1:

i been looking at this scan forever, and its no where stated that Hades had his destiny manipulated. their talking about the pendant and changing that moment in time. which is not anything directly affecting Hades destiny. more like its altering Hades plans not Hades himself.
They literally changed the entire original timeline, where Hades took control of Ikki and thanks to Ikki's body defeated Athena in the Holy War, the pendant is just for Hades to find the body of his host, because before the change they had chosen Ikki with him. So basically the whole original timeline and Hades' fate was altered with the switch from Ikki to Shun.

More details about Time Odyssey:
  • In this manga it is revealed that Guilty's real name is Jorge and that he was the Silver Saint of Fornax.
  • Also presented is another Silver Saint exclusive to this story, which is the Sculptor Rodin, he is the guy who appears giving his mask to Shaina and also this guy created the Guilty mask, by the way this detail is completely different from what was shown in TLC where this mask had a connection with the Black Saints.
  • The story about the origin of the Cloths seems to follow the idea that these armors, at least some Bronze and Silver Cloths, were created to fight against Poseidon, and were created by alchemists from the continent of Mu, this continent is said to have been destroyed when someone with a heart full of anger and desire for revenge tried to wear the Phoenix Cloth, but this Cloth rejected it and released flames that destroyed this continent. The way this story is told seems to be a legend that Guilty knew, so it probably cannot be taken as a complete fact.
Wow, we reached a point where even the spin-offs contradict each other and also literally with the inclusion of these two Silver Saints it is impossible to create a shared universe, because they already exceed the number of the 24 Silver Cloths that were named in some sources like Episode.G and others.

Kairos has no relevance to this when the writer and cartoonist of this comic clearly states that he did not take any of the spin-offs into account when writing his story.

Last edited:
They were never a shared universe to begin with. Their canon to each other in a shared multiverse.

Writing a blog on it currently

Doesn’t Titan Kronos appearance in this story also imply Episode G’s story doesn’t exist?
Yes, it must also be said that Dohko describes this Chronos as the cruelest of the Titanic deities. It seems that in the notes of the collector's edition, it is described that the Chronos of this story does not have a physical form like the one in Next Dimension, that's why it seems to be formed of energy, maybe at the end of the story we will see it become the lake that appears in Next Dimension.

Yes, it must also be said that Dohko describes this Chronos as the cruelest of the Titanic deities. It seems that in the notes of the collector's edition, it is described that the Chronos of this story does not have a physical form like the one in Next Dimension, that's why it seems to be formed of energy, maybe at the end of the story we will see it become the lake that appears in Next Dimension.
Wjat page says this chronos has no physical form?

This page is interesting, it looks like Shoichiro's boot melted or rotted the ground when he stepped on it.
9qUCX4w.jpeg

do you have a link to the collectors edition?
No (and I refuse to buy this comic because it doesn't interest me, because it's just another Bronze Saints story), but users who bought this special edition are mentioning descriptions of this edition and its contents. A friend wants to buy this version, if he buys it and takes pictures then I will share them or if someone buys this version and uploads it online I will also bring the link.

Sí, también hay que decir que Dohko describe a este Chronos como la más cruel de las deidades del Titanic. Parece que en las notas de la edición coleccionista se describe que el Chronos de esta historia no tiene una forma física como la de Next Dimension, por eso parece estar formado de energía, tal vez al final de la historia. lo veremos convertirse en el lago que aparece en Next Dimension.
wait g is not supposed to be canon for classical

Wait wait, lance, we’re you under the impression we were arguing a shared uni? Cos yeah that’s blatantly impossible what with the fact bronze and sliver cloth don’t always have the same stuff

I forgot to comment on this.

The Volume 3 of Dark Wing had information pages about Shoichiro, Sojiro, Cattleya and Yoruhime.
0hgWV69.jpeg

GZv532x.jpeg

The most interesting of these.

Yoruhime is described as having healing powers, she can heal with the touch of her hand, and Cattleya has vision of the future, although it is specified that it is not the kind that allows her to see the future (because well this ability has only been shown by characters like Asclepius, the Crateris Cloth or Seiya), but that she knows her location and where to go.

A few days ago a Portuguese version of the Cosmos Special was published.
Wait wait, lance, we’re you under the impression we were arguing a shared uni? Cos yeah that’s blatantly impossible what with the fact bronze and sliver cloth don’t always have the same stuff
Some users insist on mixing concepts and ideas as if it were a single universe or as if these mangakas agreed on any idea introduced in this universe, something that does not work when not only Kurumada's work contradicts them and even the spin-offs already contradict each other.

It doesn't look like it's the whole 230 pages of the Cosmo Special
This is the true Cosmo Special published on August 10, 1988 (the information in this magazine only covers a part of the Poseidon Arc, because this arc was not yet finished when it was published). It is the only source of official information of the manga published at that time, since the Jump Gold Selection were magazines more dedicated to the anime adaptation, and several decades later the Taizen would be published in 2002 and more decades later the Official Site would be published with information of the manga.

Last edited:
yeah every single source i just googled say it was only released once. There was no revisions to it, and it is confirmed to have over 200 pages.

Edit: Can't help but feel you have some hidden agenda with twisting things around right now.

Edit 2: Also i have the french version which directly states their getting all their information directly from the original japanese version released in August of 1988, and it directly states how many pages the original had along with how many they have. In other words, the french version i have a direct adaptation of the original translated for the French audience.

Last edited:
Proof? That'd ots yhe "superior" copy?
You can review and compare the pages with this unboxing video of the Cosmo Special.

The magazine is complete and the number of pages probably counts the pages dedicated to publicity and the chapters of Ramei no Zaji that were included in this magazine. So basically it's almost a page by page translation of the Cosmo Special, they even seem to have kept the format of the magazine (even translated the publicity in the magazine).

Last edited:
I have a PDF of the Japanese Cosmo Special which is like 153 pages or something too but I’m not sure what’s so important or notable in its contents anyways for it to matter.

The Cosmo Special elaborated on the Senses and the Buddhist levels of consciousness they were based on iirc
This does not exist in this guide, because by the time this magazine was made and published only the five basic senses, the 6th sense and the 7th sense were named in the story, because when this magazine was made the manga had only published half of the Poseidon Arc, that's why it has no information of several Generals, because they have not yet appeared in the story.

The Cosmos Special is basically a less informative and more incomplete version of the Taizen that was published much later and did include information on the entire Poseidon Arc and Hades Arc (which will probably be renamed Episode II and Episode III in the Final Edition, because the Sanctuary Arc was renamed Episode I, something done to have concordance with the title of Episode Zero).

As SSJGeminiJJ mentioned, this guide doesn't really have any notable information, something that is so because by that time the manga was not yet complete.

If anything the most notable information is Dohko's name appearing for the first time in this magazine (for this part of the story he was still named as an old master), and some descriptions that were unique to this magazine at the time, such as the explanation of psychic powers in some Saints, the description that the Cloths are almost indestructible and it is necessary to attack the atoms to destroy them, the description of some confrontations between the Saints (although the information of these is unreliable), and perhaps some descriptions of the attacks that were a bit more detailed in this guide compared to what was described later in the Taizen, although currently there is the official site that has a bit more detailed description of these.

I forgot this, the inclusion of Saori's boobs in Ramei no Zaji, this is probably the most important part of this magazine. ;)

This does not exist in this guide, because by the time this magazine was made and published only the five basic senses, the 6th sense and the 7th sense were named in the story, because when this magazine was made the manga had only published half of the Poseidon Arc, that's why it has no information of several Generals, because they have not yet appeared in the story.

The Cosmos Special is basically a less informative and more incomplete version of the Taizen that was published much later and did include information on the entire Poseidon Arc and Hades Arc (which will probably be renamed Episode II and Episode III in the Final Edition, because the Sanctuary Arc was renamed Episode I, something done to have concordance with the title of Episode Zero).

As SSJGeminiJJ mentioned, this guide doesn't really have any notable information, something that is so because by that time the manga was not yet complete.

If anything the most notable information is Dohko's name appearing for the first time in this magazine (for this part of the story he was still named as an old master), and some descriptions that were unique to this magazine at the time, such as the explanation of psychic powers in some Saints, the description that the Cloths are almost indestructible and it is necessary to attack the atoms to destroy them, and perhaps some descriptions of the attacks that were a bit more detailed in this guide compared to what was described later in the Taizen, although currently there is the official site that has a bit more detailed description of these.
You know Kurumada knew about the 8th sense before sanctuary arc right? He talked about it in an interview.

Yes, but he mentioned it in an interview in another magazine and still did not include the concept, that's why he himself explains that we will discover the importance of this in the next arc.
Proof? Because the copy I have directly states it took its information directly from the original on multiple occasions. It even had involvement from jereome the TO writer.

It literally does, I'm looking at the scan right now. This is the Fr version.

Proof? Because the copy I have directly states it took its information directly from the original on multiple occasions. It even had involvement from jereome the TO writer.
The interview where he mentioned this detail was in Jump Gold Selection - Anime Special #2 published on November 9, 1988, it's basically a different magazine and published later, and as I mentioned the concept was still unclear, because Kurumada himself only says that Shaka had awakened something more than the 7th sense.

The next mention of this was in the interview in the Jump Gold Selection - Anime Special #3 published on April 19, 1989 when the Hades Arc had already started, where Kurumada now indicates that Shaka had awakened a sense (now he names it as a sense) beyond the 7th and that he was going to reveal this in detail in the manga that was being published and that this could be the key to the Hades Arc.

Arnaud Dollen and Jérôme Alquié were famous in the fan community for writing and making fanfics of Saint Seiya, and only until Time Odyssey were they able to write and draw an official work with Kurumada's approval, something they even describe that they were excited about because after being fans they would now write an official work of this franchise.
It literally does, I'm looking at the scan right now. This is the Fr version.
In the original version this is not mentioned as I already explained, it is even logical that this information does not appear because Kurumada had not yet introduced this concept in the manga, since by the time this magazine was made and published the manga was still in the Poseidon Arc.

This is the Cosmo Special.

This is the portuguese translation almost page by page of this magazine.

Last edited:
In the original version this is not mentioned as I already explained, it is even logical that this information does not appear because Kurumada had not yet introduced this concept in the manga, since by the time this magazine was made and published, the manga was still in the Poseidon Arc.
Looking into it right now. It's possible those versions are incomplete as Lousy said, as the version I'm looking at has information regarding the Hades arc. It's also possible these were just additions to the CS by this specific French translation team I guess.

Looking into it right now. It's possible those versions are incomplete as Lousy said, as the version I'm looking at has information regarding the Hades arc. It's also possible these were just additions to the CS by this specific French translation team I guess.
How can it be incomplete, if we are looking at page by page of the official magazine (check the video and compare the pages), maybe that the version you mention is possibly a fanfic. Because the magazine published on August 10, 1988 has no information of the Hades Arc, even the information of the Poseidon Arc is incomplete, because the manga of Saint Seiya was still in the middle of the Poseidon Arc when this magazine was made and published.

Last edited:
The weird thing is, they keep the 1988 publication date, which doesn't add up with the timeline as Lancelot pointed out

Yup several websites list 200+ pages. The 150/170 versions may not be complete.
If you notice, most of the pages are numbered and there are 224 pages (counting the publicity pages, the Ramei no Zaji chapters, etc.) not counting the front and back cover. Even the video is a page by page review of the Saint Seiya content of this magazine, you could even make a comparison of the portuguese version in the link and the pages of the magazine in the video.

Last edited:
Yeah I also checked other sources and they say the same thing about it being pre Hades arc, all 224 pages.
So I really have no clue these ones came from

the description that the Cloths are almost indestructible and it is necessary to attack the atoms to destroy them, the description of some confrontations between the Saints (although the information of these is unreliable)
Yeah this detail especially I find to be extremely questionable with what’s actually shown in the manga. The notion that they atomise at every possible instance and island level CH1 Seiya is silly in general.

Back