• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saint Seiya Discussion Thread (IV)

I know Saints get plenty of Non Physical interactions feats later

But this scene here:
y8lzfXJ.jpeg

Did he rip apart Wolf's soul with his Illusion Fist Technique?

Cause I heard Wolf survived this

So it seems hyperbolic and more just like Wolf's Mind shut down

or can Wolf regen his soul?

I know saints apparently can regen parts of their soul later in the series but I doubt they have it at this point no?

So is it hyperbolic or not?

Did he rip apart Wolf's soul with his Illusion Fist Technique?
This is interesting, Ikki really uses the word soul in that scene (even in the Final Edition).

Ikki: ウルフのは死んだのだ
XLAUK0Z.jpg

For a moment, I thought it was a translation error and that the manga just used the word spirit (as in some mistranslations of this franchise's manga), but no, the author really uses the word soul in that scene.
Cause I heard Wolf survived this

So it seems hyperbolic and more just like Wolf's Mind shut down

or can Wolf regen his soul?
It does not look like a hyperbole, because the author uses the word "soul" (魂) in that scene and not the word "spirit" (精神), which is the word that many confuse as soul when it is usually used to describe the mind.

The souls in this franchise do not disappear easily, they even withstand great damage without disappearing, I explained this in an old commentary.

Last edited:
Lol. I d9 think it’s pretty interesting shura wise, as he now has all the powers of every sacred sword user, and of course his 10th sense shenanigans

I think the story is really good. I know it started off fairly slow, but when compared to other works in the franchise GR's writing so far has been among the best.

Feat wise, we'll see. There's a lot of vagueness so far for AP feats but Seiya appears to have some pretty cool hax resistances, even if only due to Hades' curse.

Any of you guys see any Gr translations? What do you think of it story and feat wise
The translation is horrible like all the translations of the Saint Seiya spin-offs published in the last year.

It is the worst story and the worst spin-off of the franchise, Okada even managed to create something with less sense than Assassin.

So far, no impressive feats, although Shura seems to have some interesting new abilities (since he got all the other gladiators' swords and is traveling through space and time) and a new weakness (he can only stay for a limited time in a world before disappearing and starting his journey again), and Seiya is now immortal due to Hades' curse that doesn't allow him to die.
Btw, is anti pope comparable to Zeus at all?
We don't know many details about the Zeus of the main universe. If you are referring to the weakened version of Zeus that appeared in Assassin, which uses Aiolia's body as avatar and is not wearing his real armor and is not using his sacred treasures. Aiolos is not at his level in any way.

Last edited:
So far, no impressive feats, although Shura seems to have some interesting new abilities (since he got all the other gladiators' swords and is traveling through space and time) and a new weakness (he can only stay for a limited time in a world before disappearing and starting his journey again), and Seiya is now immortal due to Hades' curse that doesn't allow him to die.
In fairness, its Only like, 25 chapters in

When Shiryu gets the dragon god's jewel, his Rozan Sho Ryu Ha is upgraded and becomes his ultimate technique. And the tattoo on Shiryu's back can take physical form and appears to be alive.
y8H597G.jpg

junF0X2.jpg

ny3PDJy.jpg

gHjfws7.jpg

------------------------------
rtURMix.jpg

3HyBmPD.jpg

tLlBPZi.jpg

QLpuqSL.jpg

xym8nS6.jpg

Rozan Shoryu Ha (upgraded) >>>>> Rozan Hyaku Ryu Ha >>>>> Excalibur >>>>> Rozan Shoryu Ha (before upgrade).

Shiryu gets a power up and still loses the fight, I remember when Shiryu was one of the strongest among the Bronze Saints in the first volumes of the manga, but then became the weakest of the five main characters. Even in Omega, Shiryu was also the weakest of the Legendary Saints.

Last edited:
I’m currently working on a Kardia profile in my sandbox. Since he has athenas blood and his fire thing, I thought his profile would be pretty interesting

I’m currently working on a Kardia profile in my sandbox. Since he has athenas blood and his fire thing, I thought his profile would be pretty interesting
Yes, I checked your page.

• It eliminates the destruction or damage to a soul, because in the TLC universe, the Saints don't have this, that's why they needed the rosary to defeat the Specters and seal their souls. Only the Virgo Saint (when fighting in the Underworld), the Leo Saint and the Cancer Saint can affect souls.
  • The resistance to high temperatures is not millions of degrees, it is only thousands of degrees, because Defteros considers a magma attack to be something worthy of using against a Gold Saint and Tenma almost died from the volcano eruption (even with the Seventh Sense). Saints like Tenma and Defteros can resist magma for a few seconds or minutes with a special ability.
  • I don't remember Kardia showing Dimensional Travel, Telekinesis and Non-Physical Interaction.
  • I also don't remember any feats of resistance to Mind Manipulation and Void Manipulation. And resistance to Life Manipulation and Dream Manipulation specifies that it is thanks to Athena's blood. Uses the term divine blood to describe the blood of Athena, because TLC never names divine blood as Ichor in the story.
Plus, i got this really cool image for it By Ssa
That's a good image for the profile.

Last edited:
  • It eliminates the destruction or damage to a soul, because in the TLC universe, the Saints don't have this, that's why they needed the rosary to defeat the Specters and seal their souls. Only the Virgo Saint (when fighting in the Underworld), the Leo Saint and the Cancer Saint can affect souls.
  • The resistance to high temperatures is not millions of degrees, it is only thousands of degrees, because Defteros considers a magma attack to be something worthy of using against a Gold Saint and Tenma almost died from the volcano eruption (even with the Seventh Sense). Saints like Tenma and Defteros can resist magma for a few seconds or minutes with a special ability.
  • I don't remember Kardia showing Dimensional Travel, Telekinesis and Non-Physical Interaction.
  • I also don't remember any feats of resistance to Mind Manipulation and Void Manipulation. And resistance to Life Manipulation and Dream Manipulation specifies that it is thanks to Athena's blood. Uses the term divine blood to describe the blood of Athena, because TLC never names divine blood as Ichor in the story.
Yeah I copied and pasted a bunch of stuff so I could figure it all out, since it’s my first profile

Mostly from milos profile since the basis will be the same. For the stuff he himself has shown,and can easily be scaled too, it’s gonna be definite, and cross scaling stuff, is either gonna boil down to a likely, or we can hash it out here

Mostly from milos profile since the basis will be the same. For the stuff he himself has shown,and can easily be scaled too, it’s gonna be definite, and cross scaling stuff, is either gonna boil down to a likely, or we can hash it out here
Milo and Kardia are different characters and have different techniques and abilities. Some basic abilities are the same, but others are different, and there is also the fact that TLC is a different universe, which has some different concepts, for example the origin and function of the rosary and the seal of the souls of the Specters, this is something unique to TLC.

Milo and Kardia are different characters and have different techniques and abilities. Some basic abilities are the same, but others are different, and there is also the fact that TLC is a different universe, which has some different concepts.
Yeah I know, but the basic skeleton is closest

Yeah I know, but the basic skeleton is closest
Yes, the basics like cosmos, atomic level destruction, miracles, one attack doesn't work twice, etc., which are the basic concepts of the franchise that are also mentioned in TLC.

Although, reviewing the pages, because the Saints have resistance to void manipulation, which attack could grant them this resistance.

Matt a while ago had Hades' EE accepted as Void manip. Athena's blood helped Dohko survive it or something is where it comes from iirc

Matt a while ago had Hades' EE accepted as Void manip. Athena's blood helped Dohko survive it or something is where it comes from iirc
Hades can destroy body and soul, preventing the latter from reincarnating (which would be sending him to the void or another dimension), with a specific attack (and Deathmask also describes this with his technique), but this does not mean that Dohko received that attack, especially when it was Alone, not Hades who attacked him and the curse is so weak that it can be removed with the blood of Athena, a curse that did not endanger his life, because he was alive for two months with that curse and it only left him in a coma.

This is just destroying or eliminating the body and soul in this franchise, and this is not similar to what is described in the page on void manipulation.

make a CRT for LC Dohko
Not Dohko, Hades, because there seems to be a weird idea with this god and each attack of the god does not place a curse, even Seiya receives several attacks from Hades and only the last attack placed a curse on him (Saori describes this as a curse of hatred).

In general, I don't see how that would give resistance to Void Manipulation, when he was never sent into the void or even this never killed him, as to say that Athena's blood grants any resistance, even Seiya's curse cannot be cured by Athena and the goddess has to travel back in time to change history and cure him.

Probably only the 8th sense could grant some resistance to void manipulation, because the Gold Saints returned even after their soul and body were completely eliminated.

I’ll look at the scans of his sword again. If it’s not mentioned as like, a technique, and talked more about as jsut a quirk of the sword, it would seem fair to have it be applied for every blow

Not Dohko, Hades, because there seems to be a weird idea with this god and each attack of the god does not place a curse, even Seiya receives several attacks from Hades and only the last attack placed a curse on him (Saori describes this as a curse of hatred).

In general, I don't see how that would give resistance to Void Manipulation, when he was never sent into the void or even this never killed him, as to say that Athena's blood grants any resistance, even Seiya's curse cannot be cured by Athena and the goddess has to travel back in time to change history and cure him.

Probably only the 8th sense could grant some resistance to void manipulation, because the Gold Saints returned even after their soul and body were completely eliminated.
make a CRT, I'm not even the one who got it accepted, there's no use complaining to me

I’ll look at the scans of his sword again. If it’s not mentioned as like, a technique, and talked more about as jsut a quirk of the sword, it would seem fair to have it be applied for every blow
I don't think so, Hades only says that Pegasus will not reincarnate again in his last attack against Seiya, this is never said about the other attacks.
JekqoPb.jpg

The curse of Hades (a curse created by the hatred of the god), is only a curse of death, it is never said that Seiya will not reincarnate again because of this curse, it is only said that he will die in three days, when the invicible sword reaches his heart, we can even see how his soul is walking through the Yomotsu Hirakasa to the hole, which currently we do not know where it leads to after the destruction of the Underworld.
OZj8dSA.jpg

IY2btfb.jpg

6Z9pgsY.jpg

kQ14oSY.jpg
make a CRT, I'm not even the one who got it accepted, there's no use complaining to me
Another CRT that this franchise needs, this the problem because these profiles have not been updated in years.

Last edited:
There are ep g assasin statements for the sword too
In the original manga, the sword is never given a special property and it seems to be just the power of the god, which is not uncommon, the gods in this franchise can destroy souls and eliminate a soul even with a stomp.

In TLC, Alone says that Hades' sword can damage the body and soul, but never says that it prevents reincarnation, an effect that only made Tenma fall unconscious for a few seconds. Even when Hades takes control of Alone, he never says that the Gold Saints would not be reincarnated, he only says that they were increasing their doom in the Underworld, so after he killed them they would end up there.

In the original manga it is never described that Hades' sword has any special property, probably it is only powerful and has some quality against the gods like Poseidon's Trident, another weapon that has never been described as having a special quality in the manga. The only sacred treasures of a god that are described as having some special quality are Nike (a weapon that always grants victory), Aegis (a shield that repels all attacks), Arrow of the Goddess (an arrow that forever eliminates everything it hits) and Sword of Chrysus (a sword to kill the gods).

Last edited:
Another possible anti-feat in the new chapter of TLC.

The magma of this franchise or TLC does not have such a high temperature, because it cannot even completely calcine the bones.
Jzy2OWw.jpg

The resistance of this franchise to high temperatures is really unimpressive.

In short:
Akainu >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> magma in this franchise.

Back