• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This is a High 8-C battle. Instead of the Seventh Division Scars, Ryo Shimazaki ends up fighting this mysterious masked man on the streets. He decides to take this odd stranger out, seeking a challenge and required to dispatch him.

Speed is equalized, other wise SBA (Standard Battle Assumptions)

"SUPER SENSORY ZONE: MIND'S EYE" IS NOT RESTRICTED IN THIS FIGHT

Who wins, and why?
Shimazaki.Ryo.full.2462126
Amonnnnnnn
Blind Man: 0

Masked Man: 3

Inconclusive: 0

This is... actually an interesting fight.

Amon's bloodbending can hold and incap Ryo, although it wouldn't stop him from activating his teleportation unless Amon goes straight for the kill.

Amon is certainly the more skilled hand-to-hand combatant, and I could see him catching on to Ryo's predictable fighting style before Ryo can wear him out with repeated teleporations.

Honestly I can't say who wins. If it's in-character for Amon to spam bloodbending he likely takes this as Ryo would need to constantly use teleportation to escape it while Amon gets free hits in, but if Amon doesn't finish off Ryo quick Super Sensory Zone gives Ryo the win.

So is that a vote for inconclusive?

And I don't really think Amon abuses bloodbending all that much. Judging from the fight with Tarrlok, he seems to use bloodbending for defense sometimes, resisting Tarrlok's effects and managing to approach him. I might be wrong though, somebody (like an Avatar supporter or something) should correct me on that.

Amon doesn't abuse bloodbending when he's keeping up the masquerade of a nonbender.

When he abandons it he liberally abuses it, see his fight with Korra and Mako.

I see. If that's the instance, the only chance that Shimazaki has against Amon is Mind's Eye, or else he'd get contorted by the whole bloodbending schtick.

I wouldn't say he'd get contorted, as he can always teleport outside of Amon's grasp of him, but Amon repeatedly messing with him with bloodbending should give him an opening for a couple of pressure point strikes.

Mind's Eye would help a lot, yeah. Ryo didn't resort to using it until after getting the crap beaten out of him by the entire 7th Division and Teru, though; IDK if he'd resort to it on time.

It depends on the scenario in which Amon leads with Bloodbending or not. Is this a plot point in which is Amon is pretending to be a regular guy, or is he hiding nothing? Also, his fight with Tarrlok; his minions were actually present so he was probably hiding it from them. But against Korra, he literally did lead with bloodbending and was only able to be bested thanks to Avatar State.

Amon pretending to be a non-bender was a plot point which was a requisite for the series. There is no reason he should pretend to be a non-bender in a vs match.

Therefore he will abuse bloodbending from the get-go.

In that case, Amon does lead with bloodbending and should use this to take this as well.

Looks like AKM Sama's counts as a vote, and I'm voting for reasons above as well in that case. Dargoo hasn't seem to have voted yet, but was more so pinpointing comparisons, but he might vote later. So that's 2 votes for Amon.

Yeah, after DDM/AKM's comments, I'll land on Amon for my own reasons and the reasons above.

@Schnee

Shimazaki has counters to it, such as thought-based teleportation outside of bloodbending grasps, however his preditable fighting style + Amon's far better skills + pressure points alongside bloodbending spam gives him a very hardfought victory.

Bloodbeding is good but it can't stop Ryo from teleporting.

He can just TP Amon in the air and beat him there with low difficulty.And Ryo is smart enough to notice that Amon needs his hands to use Bloodbending,he can just restrain him with TK.

The fight starts,Amon uses Bloodbending,Ryo notices the hand gestures and escapes with TP,then tries to immobilize Amons hands with TK or TPs Amon into the air.

How would Ryo even know what Amon is going to do by raising his hands. Plus, Amon doesn't need his hands, he is a psychic bloodbender.

Amon explicitly does not need hand gestures to bloodbend, he's actually stated in verse to be the only one who doesn't need gestures

The only thing Amon needs to move to bloodbend is his mind; like that example he blood bended Korra while he was covered in an iceberg. Also, I think we got 4 votes for Amon so far.

Schnee One said:
Amon explicitly does not need hand gestures to bloodbend, he's actually stated in verse to be the only one who doesn't need gestures
Except his father, of course.

MFW I forget that dude bloodbended a ******* courthouse while handcuffed.

Yeah, I'm dumb, but either way Amon doesn't need gestures

And Amon is even stronger and better at bloodbending than his father ever was, so there's also that.

Yeah, Ryo's precog is only limited to movement tracking. If he doesn't know what Amon moving his hands around equates to then he can't predict the attack.

Schnee One said:
I thought it was weird that he scaled to High 8C and not 9A
Well for one surviving electricity isn't a durability feat. I remember a thread dedicated to that before.

Surviving a naturally occuring lightning bolt isn't much of a durability feat, but bending lightning bolts is still Building level+ at least. And withstanding a bended lightning bolt can still be Durability given the lightning bolt was channeled in a way in which someone could absorb the entire bolt. Also, Amon scales to being stronger than Yakone, who is in turn stronger than adult Katara. Adult Katara has her own Large Building level calcs and Azula does have a calc that puts her lightning at High 8-C.

But oh yeah, I did forget to mention that most avatar characters were going to have durability and striking strength be like Wall level normally, Large Building level with bending or something like that.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
a bended lightning bolt can still be Durability given the lightning bolt was channeled in a way in which someone could absorb the entire bolt. Also, Amon scales to being stronger than Yakone, who is in turn stronger than adult Katara. Adult Katara has her own Large Building level calcs and Azula does have a calc that puts her lightning at High 8-C.
That makes no sense. You can't cause someone to "absorb electricity", that ignores basic rules on how electricity works. Can you prove that TLA actively contradicts this? Changing the direction of lightning is also certainly not 8-C+. Producing it would be.

Why would Yakone's durability be High 8-C? I don't remember him tanking any attacks from anyone as he just bloodbended them and yeeted. Having better bending =/= having the same durability.

Benders in Avatar can use bending to enhance striking strength and durability similar to how Star Wars Force users can, but I edited a second paragraph to elaborate what was agreed.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Benders in Avatar can use bending to enhance striking strength and durability similar to how Star Wars Force users can, but I edited a second paragraph to elaborate what was agreed.
Excuse me but I've never seen or heard anything like that in the series barring coating their hands in an element like fire or water. They can't just make their regular punches stronger without an element covering them.

I'm fine with the "High 8-C w/bending", though. If that was agreed why does Amon not have it?

Schnee One said:
I mean he still Bends Ryo and breaks his bones so I don't thinks so
Not really?

Ryo can just teleport out of Amon's grasps whenever he does that.

The fact that there is no reason whatsoever for his blood to stop being bended in the first place

This is also assuming Ryo can actually form the thought needed to keep teleporting because I imagine being composed enough to think is going to be difficult when your bones are cracking

Back