• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
We were still kinda of in the middle of working on the Korra profiles that got unfinished, but yeah; their bending comes from the own Chi/fighting spirit. And technically most benders use martial arts strikes for their bending abilities; especially Earth Bunders literally punching giant boulders. But yeah, going to add the with bending to striking strength and durability. Amon can also bloodbend his own body to enhance durability.

All Amon needs to do is bloodbend him, and hit his pressure point and he wins. He doesn't even need to use his arms, he can stand there and wait, or chase Ryo so he can bloodbend him. If Ryo teleports and kicks him, Amon would still be able to bloodbend him after the first kick, just like how he stopped Korra.

Schnee One said:
The fact that there is no reason whatsoever for his blood to stop being bended in the first place
This is also assuming Ryo can actually form the thought needed to keep teleporting because I imagine being composed enough to think is going to be difficult when your bones are cracking
There is. He moves his blood instantaneously with the rest of his body and Amon loses a hold of it.

When has Amon stopped people from thinking? Ryo's first move is teleporting anyways.

Schnee One said:
Every fight with Korra and every fight he has ever been with another bender
Hell literally every Bender does that
That doesn't really answer my question. Korra and Mako are clearly able to think while he has a hold of them. They're in pain, sure, and that can knock someone out, but Ryo has a button to just yeet out of it. If you're talking about enhancing durability that's through the elements they bend, not their own body.

If you have a specific example to counter what I just said and if you can link it so I can understand what you're talking about, please provide it.

Again Ryo's first move is teleporting. How will Amon anticipate that?

What if Ryo teleports his body out but his blood stays there because Amon's grip ovo

I'm pretty sure Amon's bending doesn't null teleportation but that would be funny as heck to watch

what? did you actually expect i'd be on this site 24/7 lol

i literally came back from the bus when i wrote that message

if THAT is considered a ""joke"", then i wonder what a stand-up comedy would be considered for you

this might not be considered a valid point, but shimazaki probably has some sort of range advantage if we excuse the "bloodbending" argument (like that skyscraper collapsing palm strike). it works similarly to a DBZ esque kiai but i don't think shimazaki would be able to do the move under the effects of bloodbending.

Why to excuse the bloodbending argument. That's literally what Amon would do, he won't indulge in H2H. And Amon holds the range advantage with his bloodbending (barring the range advantage teleportation provides).

The thing is Ryo immediatly starts with and spams teleportation in any given fight.

Then Amon will need to finish him off as soon as he gets a grip on his blood, while defending himself from Ryo's strikes. I could see this fight going either way.

Yeah, that's what I said earlier until I realized Amon doesn't have High 8-C dura without bending barriers to protect him. Which means a single attack from Ryo that he doesn't block ends him.

Amon does raise his blood's durability regularly, it's more so if he's hit while his guard is down such as when asleep is. I can agree that it could go either way, but I'm still leaning towards Amon for the victory. Especially id bloodbending could mess up his brain among other things.

I don't get how bloodbending himself would make Amon more durable?

Ryo teleporting behind Amon and kicking him wouldn't be "when his guard is down"?

I'm still confused as to when Amon ever bloodbends his own durability upwards.

We kind of explained how that works above, both me an Schnee. He could harden his blood and bones so that Tarrlok couldn't bend them.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
We kind of explained how that works above, both me an Schnee. He could harden his blood and bones so that Tarrlok couldn't bend them.
That's basically cancelling Tarrlok's bloodbending. Not increasing his own durability.

As stated by Katara in her fight against Hanna her mastery over blood bending allowed her to reverse the affects

If it was true that Durability could stop bloodbending, Ryo nopes it and kicks Amon to the ground and bloodbending would be useless against any bender who can Amp.

Hardening his blood for Durability isn't a thing

It would also be overpowering his Attack Potency at the same time, but I digress. But anyway, now it seems everyone switching to inconclusive it seems?

Back