• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWFC11: And We'll Keep on Fighting

Edwellken

RP Elder
Previous thread

The Finals are underway! Only one team can come out on top! Furthermore, The's evil half has taken over... Even the GM doesn't know what could happen next!

Tournament Rules
The rules are your general standard fare for a large tournament, but the most important points are as follows:
1. No killing. Violation means disqualification and persecution in accordance with regular legal procedures. (There's an asterisk by this rule. As with any combat focused competition, participants must acknowledge the possibility of death or even serious or permanent injury.)

2. Matches are won by knockout, incapacitation (for 1 minute), ring out, or forfeit. Ring out means being more than 350 meters from the center of the ring in any direction.

3. No outside help or interference. Intentionally receiving or help from a non contender and/or the attempt thereof is grounds for immediate disqualification. Summons count as outside help so long as they are sentient and have greater than animalistic intelligence, but are otherwise allowed. (The rule later goes on to say that targeting the audience with attacks of any kind is also forbidden). It is not forbidden of course, to use the presence of the audience to your advantage.

4. No weapons or equipment can be brought into the ring before the match starts. Mounts count as equipment and follow the same intelligence rules as summons. The exceptions to this rule are items explicitly created during the match by a person's own abilities, or complementary items provided by the event committee.

(Team exclusive rules)

Matches are decided once all of the members of the opposing team have been defeated as per the regular victory conditions. Team members can be rescued from the incapacitation win method but other losses are final.

If a team has less than 5 members, the intelligence rules for mounts and summons is lifted until the number of intelligent allies reaches the maximum number of members.

(Misc)

Both the winners of the team and individual competitions may challenge the current champion for the title of Galaxy's Strongest. The team winners must choose a single representative for the challenge.

(Prizes)

Prizes are the same for both team and solo competitions. The team winners still only get 1 of each prize.

3rd Place: Gem fortune (Precious gems which can be easily transmuted into an alternate energy source.)

2nd Place: Power Star (plus 3rd place prize)

1st Place: A wish granted by the Goddess Remiela (plus 2nd and 3rd place prize)
List of Players

Meta thread

@Hl3

Realm uses an assortment of spells to take control over your attacks and send them back at you. Furthermore, he seems to be using your own mana reserves for the cost of his own attacks.

Partitioning a separate part of his mind for magic related abilities, Realm continues the assault with a barrage of physical attacks which ignore distance to attempt to hit David directly.

@The and Edward

The announcer chimes up.

"The has surrendered! The winner iiiiiisssss.... Edward!!!"

"You're welllllcoooooome!" Sorbet screams over the crowd's cheers.

Kura flies Rei down to the arena, who then gives The a big hug.

"You were so cool out there! Especially when you hit him like whoosh! And then you said: Seven minutes to Sunday! and-"

@Christian and Monarch

A familiar fear creeps up your spines... you feel yourselves start to be corrupted.

My own reflected attacks are easily stopped by my barrier, and him using my own mana reserves is no issue due to it being effectively infinite.

The distance-ignoring attacks hit, but the damage is being regenerated almost as fast as it is being made.

《Update / Enhance / Reinforce》 | 《Modify / Partition》

My mana reserves are quickly shunted into an isolated pocket reality deep within my barrier, as the barrier itself begins updating and patching itself, but this "Gnosis" thing seems to be making it far worse at this than usual. My attacks are also being updated likewise, and again having issues, which are themselves slowly worked around and circumvented.

Well, that sure was disapointing, got only one, i think, not sure with all the mud around-

ANYWAY.

"REALM, I am coming for youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu !"

Jake shouts as he rams himself head first in to the girlish boy, while covering himself in quantumizing cosmos flames with Flame Charge.

"Yeah. I'm gonna be honest. I didn't expect Perfect to do what he did. At the very least, he's gone now. Still, I don't know if he can regenerate from that or not. If he can, we might be in danger."

I turn to Edward.

"Good match. That portal was really smart. Honestly, I should probably rely on Ultron's powers less from here on out. They would hurt like hell in this body."

"Aye, you didn't do too bad yourself, and that's probably a good idea. On a side-note, Pinkie really wants to throw a party after this occasion, so you have any preferences?"

"Hmmm, that's probably not good"

"Feels like that time I got borderline drowned in that Toni guy's corruption.... how to fix, how to fix..."

• Starts cutting out the infected parts of my concept*
Death? Eh don't need that. Empathy... you know I didn't actually have much of that to begin with, it's gone. Memories of high school? Happy to be rid of that, they all called me a nerd. Fertility? **** it I never wanted kids anyway.

@Overlord/Hl3

"Ah! It's... good to see you too... Jake!" Realm groans, as the dragon tackles him. "I did miss your hugs but this is a little excessive..!"

In a bizarre show of strength for his relatively small body, Realm begins pushing Jake ever so closer to the edge of the ring.

A number of magic crystals spawn around David, and continuously fire barrier resistant almighty arrows at him.

@Monarch/Christian

You're both able to successfully remove the corruption. While the danger is gone, the familiar feeling persists. It's clear that none of the others can sense what's coming, but the two of you can. Even Kura and the others seem oblivious.

@Christian

Beside you, a portal appears. An arm beckons you from within. There's no malicious intent to be sensed from it. It seems to be an ally.

@Monarch

You get a premonition of a great mass of tendrils surrounding the planet. In each of your calculations and simulations, this event can't be avoided. There are only a few moments to react.

"I am just very happy you made it in time for the turnament"

Jake responds to Realm, as enters Overdrive, creating a costant flow of fiery explosions behind miself to try counter the backward push.

I use my omniscience to determine that Christian's character is feeling the same thing and go over to talk to him about it

[Uh, is Christian playing the Stranger here? Or Kabus? Or someone else]

"Hey you just felt that creeping corruption right. Any idea where that could be coming from? Seems like we should be concerned about it. Were any of you last souls connected to a universe corrupted by the SD (and his stupid initials)"

"Because you're the only other one apart from me who noticed, and as much as my own intellect infinitely outstrips your own, no offence intended, two heads are still better than one. Sounding board to bounce ideas off of"

"I don't think any other worlds were that badly infected." He said. "Come on, hurry up. Step through this portal."

And while one Griffin is doing that, several billion alternate possibilities of Griffin manifested via Second Magic abuse are constructing layers of forcefields around the planet and preparing to warp all non-combat ready civilians (who he knows which is which via omniscience) into the Kamui dimension (while also altering the physics around them to ensure their survival in the dimension) as emergency evacuatio

And then one Griffin yells "TENTACLE ATTACK FROM SPACE INCOMING"

"Ok let's go"

The main griffin hops into the portal and leaves his alternates to deal with the tentacle invasion.

@Monarch/Christian

The arm reaching through the portal almost makes a gesture so as to stop Griffin from coming in, but then it shrugs and recedes back inside. The portal closes behind the two of them as they enter.

On the other side of the portal is a room completely sectioned off from the rest of reality, or unreality for that matter. Even the presence of the others can't be sensed.

Relaxing on a sofa across the way is the guardian from the Patience trial.

"Hello again, Stranger... and friend." he says.

@Everyone else

The Stranger's presence just disappeared.

Uber ignores the Strangers sudden disappearance and keeps eating popcorn. Ran and Chen have also showed up and are sitting on the couch.

I wake up from Griffin's scream, streaching a bit.

"Hey." I tell Ilia. "You heard Griffin, right? Seems like we'll have to prepare ourselves."

Man, whatever i was using as a pillow, it was really confortable. I'll have to ask later.

"Oh you know this guy Stranger?"

Awww my clairvoyance isn't working on everything else, I hope my alternates are good enough to help out

Oh! He woke up.

"I did. It seems that Griffin has the evacuation of civilians under control, so we can prepare ourselves for battle."

I manifest my armor and my spear again.

Back