• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Volume 8 CRT - First Half

“Having a higher end feat happen preceding lower end ones doesn't negate the higher feat.”

When you have a single high end feat and every feat afterwards is dozens to over a hundred times slower dozens of times in a row it does effect high end feats. An outlier is not an contradiction it is a thing situated away or detached from a system. This MHS is hilariously above all the other feats in the series by a gigantic margin and nothing every gets close to it ever again. Even when the characters amp and put all their effort into it there isn’t a single feat that gets even within a dozen times close to it.

There is 1 MHS feat with slight effort then every other feat is supersonic to hypersonic with a varying degree of effort. That is the definition of an outlier. Something completely detached from everything else that is never replicated again.
When there is 1 MHS feat done by someone who blitzes 99% of the cast and then later in the series the cast becomes fast enough to keep up with them after multiple timeskips of training that is not an outlier, that is linear powerscaling.

Even the characters with the fastest amps in the verse were blitzed by said character, somethigny ou continue to ignore for some odd reason

Basically the logic behind this is the equivalent of:

Superman has a MFTL+ feat

Superman blitzes Batman

Batman builds a suit that let's him keep up with Superman

Therefore Superman's MFTL+ feat is an outlier

“Even the characters with the fastest amps in the verse were blitzed by said character”

I asked earlier when Weiss or Winter where blitzed by Cinder when they were using their time amps. Because I don’t remember that ever happening (if it did then I’ll be fine with the upgrade because Cinder would have blitzed a high Hypersonic feat, but I don’t remember that happening).

If you’re referring to Mercury kicking Ruby during her semblance, every feat she has performed with that semblance before and after volume 6 has or would be supersonic to hypersonic at best.

Last I check Pyrrha managed to hit Cinder many times. And there isn’t any justification for Mercury being hundreds of times faster than Ruby. He’s faster, but him being shown to be able to hit her with her semblance once isn’t enough justification for him to have such a gigantic different in speed.

Them being faster at first doesn’t even matter because Ruby eventually scales to them and yet even after fighting them she continues to have supersonic feats with her semblance constantly and Mercury and Cinder never perform a feat close to MHS every again. Them blitzing a hypersonic character is not justification for MHS when they do that feat once and never approach those speeds for the entire rest of the series (which is over 5 more volumes).

Basically the logic behind this is the equivalent of:

Superman has a MFTL+ feat

Superman blitzes Batman

Batman builds a suit that let's him keep up with Superman

Therefore Superman's MFTL+ feat is an outlier
1) DC and Marvel have special scaling rules because they are beyond inconsistent.

2) Superman has dozens of MFTL+ feats.

Rwby has 1 MHS feat and the people who performed the feat never get close to replicating it ever again.

When you have a single high end feat and every feat afterwards is dozens to over a hundred times slower dozens of times in a row it does effect high end feats.
I already explained this. It doesn’t matter because it doesn't contradict anything. Especially when you are assuming their at their max speed.
An outlier is not an contradiction it is a thing situated away or detached from a system.
If this is your definition of outlier then you jave gross misunderstanding. Even if I grant this definition, why is it detached? Because it does align with other data right? It doesn't align because it contradicts. If you still disagree then please substantiate why this is a suitable definition.

This MHS feat is hilariously above all the other feats in the series by a gigantic margin and nothing every gets close to it ever again.
Keep repeating the same irrelevant point.
Even when the characters amp and put all their effort into it there isn’t a single feat that gets even within a dozen times close to it.
Be specific and prove this immediately.
There is 1 MHS feat with slight effort then every other feat is supersonic to hypersonic with a varying degree of effort. That is the definition of an outlier. Something completely detached from everything else that is never replicated again.
Something that isn't replicated = can't be done? This doesn't even make any sense

Last I check Pyrrha managed to hit Cinder many times. And there isn’t any justification for Mercury being hundreds of times faster than Ruby. He’s faster, but him being shown to be able to hit her with her semblance once isn’t enough justification for him to have such a gigantic different in speed.
The justification is the scaling to lightning while she scales to faster than sound attacks.

1) DC and Marvel have special scaling rules because they are beyond inconsistent.

2) Superman has dozens of MFTL+ feats.

Rwby has 1 MHS feat and the people who performed the feat never get close to replicating it ever again.
You missed the point entirely. Also in logic having more points or more evidence doesn't make an argument or proposition more valid. Maybe I'm dumb can you give a coherent argument as to why having feats would add to the validity?

Besides if Superman has 1000+ MFTL+ feats but their is no contextual justification aka it doesn't align narratively then it doesn’t matter. More doesn't mean better.

Pyrrha was able to hit Cinder many times mainly because Cinder was just toying with Pyrrha and testing out her maiden powers cries so Pyrrha shouldn’t scale to Cinder. But after volume 6 where everyone is much stronger and were able to defeat Cinder, Mercury, Emerald and a few others, plus Blake and Yang beating Adam (who I think scales to Mercury during vols 1-3) I don’t see any reason why the cast post Vol 6 shouldn’t be given MHS

I was trying to respond to Maverick’s point but there are way too many comments right now and talking about DB would lead to a derail (note talking about MHS Rwby shouldn’t be a derail because this is the thread that would upgrade them).

“Maybe I'm dumb can you give a coherent argument as to why having feats would add to the validity?”

Because it makes the feats consistent. The MHS feat is currently a one time feat done in the early stages of the series. Now when the characters are vastly stronger and keep using speed amps they never get a feat close to MHS again. And if you want me to calc all the times Ruby’s semblance is used to prove none of them come out to MHS I will when I get the chance (it is 12am where I live so can’t do it tonight).

“Dude this applies to basically every verse ont he wiki. There are almost no verses here that have more than one or two feats on the level of any given tier they have”

I can think of a few verses that have dozens of feats within the tier they currently scale to. And when they grow the new feats tend to consistently be higher than the older feats (like Luffy going from 8-C to 7-A after going through many other tiers). They don’t have a single feat hilariously above everything else once and never preform something similar ever again. Even when speed amplification is involved.

Though I will also say if you know verse that have a single feat that is hilariously above everything else and the characters that perform that feat (or characters comparable to that character) don’t ever come close to performing a similar feat ever again let me know. I’ll make list and try to downgrade them later, because if this is the standard of the site then we are being way too lenient with feats.

Sorry for taking so long to respond, I’m on a phone so it takes a long time to type.

Is this mhs feat consistent with other feats or statements in the series
Yes, it was done by the fastest people in the vers at the time who were able to casually outspeed everyone else in the vere including peed ampssuch as Ruby's Petal Burst whichmakes her fast enough to speedblitz Hypersonic+ characters

Thepeople who would scale to it now are people who have gone through two timeskips worth of training and can oneshot people who were previously their equals

Because it makes the feats consistent. The MHS feat is currently a one time feat done in the early stages of the series. Now when the characters are vastly stronger and keep using speed amps they never get a feat close to MHS again. And if you want me to calc all the times Ruby’s semblance is used to prove none of them come out to MHS I will when I get the chance (it is 12am where I live so can’t do it tonight).
So are you trying to the feat is inconsistent? Also you can be consistently incorrect. Consistency doesn't make something more valid. At least not inherently. Also you make it sound like they were times where they were trying to most faster than they jave before and still were qualitatively slower. If so, you are welcome to show that but without a statement that's nearly impossible to prove. It doesn't matter if Ruby hasn't had any MHS feats because that doesn't mean she isn't that fast. She scales there, thats it. So please stop mentioning the feat shit its just ad nasuem at this point.

Yes, it was done by the fastest people in the vers at the time who were able to casually outspeed everyone else in the vere including peed ampssuch as Ruby's Petal Burst whichmakes her fast enough to speedblitz Hypersonic+ characters
But Ruby later can keep up with those characters and she nor those characters, nor any other character for that matter, perform a feat anywhere even close to MHS ever again.

Thepeople who would scale to it now are people who have gone through two timeskips worth of training
Like Harriet who is the fastest ACEOPS. (Though she should probably be MHS too but I'm not going to argue that right now)

The crazy thing is that what he's saying doesn't even work in real life. And even if I granted his definition of outlier it still doesn't work. You have a system updated or data updated, so that what was previously indistinguishable or unknown align.

“you'll never lift that again. And even if you do it wouldn't count.”

Except they didn’t do it again.

“Its likely saying you can't lift a hundred pounds because you lose muscle mass. And even though you regained your strength you'll never lift that again.”

It’s not like that at all. That means the characters lost strength and then regained it, nothing like that happened here. A character performed a feat that isn’t consistent with any of the other feats and he nor anybody comparable ever performed a similar feat ever again. Even when they got faster and have speed amps.

The MHS feat is disconnected to every other feat because it does line up with any other feat shown. If Mercury was still faster than Ruby then it would be more justified. But Ruby is comparable to him now yet they keep performing feats of similar speeds from before (hypersonic to supersonic) and never approach MHS.

They dont hav to do it again, they already did it.
The MHS feat is disconnected to every other feat because it does line up with any other feat shown. If Mercury was still faster than Ruby then it would be more justified. But Ruby is comparable to him now yet they keep performing feats of similar speeds from before (hypersonic to supersonic) and never approach MHS.
It lines up perfectly with every other feat shown wtf are you talking about. Mercury was faster than her before, she trained, now she can keep up with him. Youre mixing up th definitions of 'outlier' and 'linear progression' here my guy.

“It lines up perfectly with every other feat shown wtf are you talking about. Mercury was faster than her before, she trained, now she can keep up with him. Youre mixing up th definitions of 'outlier' and 'linear progression' here my guy.”

It lining up would mean they should be preforming feats equal to or higher than MHS because Mercury has gotten faster than since he performed the feat and Ruby can keep up with him. Yet nobody performs a MHS feat, even with speed amps.

It lining up would mean they should be preforming feats equal to or higher than MHS because Mercury has gotten faster than since he performed the feat and Ruby can keep up with him. Yet nobody performs a MHS feat, even with speed amps.
They did though? Mercury performed a MHS feat and Ruby scales to him. If we required every character in a verse to have a feat on the same level in order for them to have a certain stat level 99% of our profiles would have Unknown stats.

“It lines up perfectly with every other feat shown wtf are you talking about. Mercury was faster than her before, she trained, now she can keep up with him. Youre mixing up th definitions of 'outlier' and 'linear progression' here my guy.”

That'd just mean she progressed to the current Mercury or beyond that. There's no problem with it.

Speedblitzing below mach 15 characters is irrelevant. That is no where near the mhs being proposed, so it isn't evidence for your case.

Again, why is the feat consistent.

“They dont hav to do it again, they already did it.”

They do need to do similar feats to the high end ones if every feat afterwards, done with more effort, keep ending up vastly slower than MHS. Characters that scale to low amount of feats also have low amounts of lower end feats. Rwby has dozens of lower feats versus the single MHS feat. The contradiction here would be Mercury doing the MHS feat with little effort while people using speed amps keep consistently getting lower results. Harriet has an entire scene dedicated to her amp, last I checked, and it definitely wouldn’t get MHS results (though I’ll calc the scene I’m thinking of tomorrow if you want me too).

They do need to do similar feats to the high end ones if every feat afterwards, done with more effort, keep ending up vastly slower than MHS. Characters that scale to low amount of feats also have low amounts of lower end feats. Rwby has dozens of lower feats versus the single MHS feat. The contradiction here would be Mercury doing the MHS feat with little effort while people using speed amps keep consistently getting lower results. Harriet has an entire scene dedicated to her amp, last I checked, and it definitely wouldn’t get MHS results (though I’ll calc the scene I’m thinking of tomorrow if you want me too).
No. They do not. If we required this it would wipe all stats off of 95% of our profiles.

Lower feats do not in any way shape or form invalidate higher feats especially when they are stupidly casual compared to the higher feats

Also I love how we're ignoring that Emerald also performed a MHS feat at the same time so there is two MHS feats here and Ruby can keep up with both of them
That literally the same feat. Two characters doing it doesn’t matter because that is the one time feat. It doesn’t suddenly become two separate feats both characters did the same thing. If (let’s just go with generic names) bob and James both dodge the same explosion yet consistent travel at subsonic speeds hundreds of time for the rest of the series that doesn’t mean they had two hypersonic feats vs the subsonic feats. That was one hypersonic feat performed by two characters.

That literally the same feat. Two characters doing it doesn’t matter because that is the one time feat. It doesn’t suddenly become two separate feats both characters did the same thing. If (let’s just go with generic names) bob and James both dodge the same explosion yet consistent travel at subsonic speeds hundreds of time for the rest of the series that doesn’t mean they had two hypersonic feats vs the subsonic feats. That was one hypersonic feat performed by two characters.
No? Its two characters performing two feats with two differnt calculations and two different yields. Its not a single feat at all.

We actually do have calcs identical to the one you dscribed and we treat it as two feats.

That'd just mean she progressed to the current Mercury or beyond that. There's no problem with it.
She being on par with Mercury is the problem because neither of them perform a feat similar to the MHS one. She’s grown vastly faster? Why doesn’t she have feats to showcase this, she has crossscaling to a character who also never performs a similar feat ever again.

“you'll never lift that again. And even if you do it wouldn't count.”

“Its likely saying you can't lift a hundred pounds because you lose muscle mass. And even though you regained your strength you'll never lift that again.”

It’s not like that at all. That means the characters lost strength and then regained it, nothing like that happened here. A character performed a feat that isn’t consistent with any of the other feats and he nor anybody comparable ever performed a similar feat ever again. Even when they got faster and have speed amps.

They don't have shown explicitly to be a certain speed to know they are. Remember these values are just just how we quantify things in the series but they are only interpretations based on induction not canon. So we someone scales higher later we'd interpret that as them improving. To summarize, inverse scaling and calcing goes hand in hand.

The point of the analogy was that doing something once doesn't mean you can't do it unless there is an explicit reason why not (or a contradiction). Also if you are saying its inconsistent please substantiate it.

Oh, if you your argument is that "it only happened once" makes it inconsistent then you don't understand that wouldn't make it inconsistent.

She being on par with Mercury is the problem because neither of them perform a feat similar to the MHS one. She’s grown vastly faster? Why doesn’t she have feats to showcase this, she has crossscaling to a character who also never performs a similar feat ever again.
They

Do

Not

Have

To

Mercury already performed a MHS feat. That is an indisputable fact.

Whatever wird logic youre trying to use here goes directly against our rules of scaling

“We actually do have calcs identical to the one you dscribed and we treat it as two feats.”

But they are both dodging the same explosion in the same scene (or in Rwby’s case they are dodging the same type of attack in that scene and never approach those speeds ever again in any other scene). That shouldn’t be two separate things they are both doing the same thing, getting out of the way of the same explosion.

Back