• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Volume 8 CRT - First Half

She being on par with Mercury is the problem because neither of them perform a feat similar to the MHS one. She’s grown vastly faster? Why doesn’t she have feats to showcase this, she has crossscaling to a character who also never performs a similar feat ever again.
You don't understand again, scaling to Mercury via fighting him is a feat. You don't need to calc everything otherwise we wouldn't get anywhere.

But they are both dodging the same explosion in the same scene (or in Rwby’s case they are dodging the same type of attack in that scene and never approach those speeds ever again in any other scene). That shouldn’t be two separate things they are both doing the same thing, getting out of the way of the same explosion.
Its two characters moving, not the same person moving twice

Hell that doesnt even make a comparison to the feat i question as Mercury and Emrald dodged two different bolts of lightning and then went on to dodge half a dozen more in the fight

Its the onus to prove it is inconsistent, not the other way around.
What about the fact that characters on par with Mercury. Both putting more effort into their feats and using a speed amp still are getting results way lower than Mercury’s and Emerald’s lightning dodge. That should be a contradiction.

“They Do Not Have To Mercury already performed a MHS feat.”

If Superman performed only a single FTL feat throughout all his comics, even if he blitzed MHS characters constantly that FTL feat would be considered an outlier because Superman (in this scenario) would have never performed a similar feat ever.

Same thing here, none of the characters, out of the dozens of people comparable to Mercury. With multiple different speed amps never approach MHS speeds nor do they surpass the second to best speed feat in the series that also required a time amp.

Edit: I hate my auto correct

Lets try to settle this. @Keeweed can you show us an instance of Ruby (or anyone else that scales to MHS) scaling to our "supposed MHS" characters (Mercury, Emerald, Amber, Cinder, etc) moving at speeds slower than MHS WHEN you know for absolutely certainty that they are moving as fast as they can? If not please stop talking you are just wasting our time and your own.

Saying speed amps isn't sufficient btw, I explained this earlier but Ruby doesn't have to be moving at top speed or anything when using Petal Burst.

What about the fact that characters on par with Mercury. Both putting more effort into their feats and using a speed amp still are getting results way lower than Mercury’s and Emerald’s lightning dodge. That should be a contradiction.

“They Do Not Have To Mercury already performed a MHS feat.”

If Superman performed only a single FTL feat throughout all his comics, even if he blitzed MHS characters constantly that FTL feat would be considered an outlier because Superman (in this scenario) would have never performed a similar feat ever.

Same thing here, none of the characters, out of the dozens of people comparable to Mercury. With multiple different speed amps never approach MHS speeds nor do they surpass the second to best speed feat in the series that also required a time amp.

Edit: I hate my auto correct
No it wouldn't wtf is wrong with you? There's was no reason bring up the example if you were just gonna say the same shit.

Lets try to settle this. @Keeweed can you show us an instance of Ruby (or anyone else that scales to MHS) scaling to our "supposed MHS" characters (Mercury, Emerald, Amber, Cinder, etc) moving at speeds slower than MHS WHEN you know for absolutely certainty that they are moving as fast as they can? If not please stop talking you are just wasting our time and your own.

Saying speed amps isn't sufficient btw, I explained this earlier but Ruby doesn't have to be moving at top speed or anything when using Petal Burst.
Ok I’ll rewatch volume 7 and 8 and I calculate the semblance feats when I get the chance. (Though it will be a while because I’m going to be hanging out with my family tomorrow). I’ll be back later.

Ok I’ll rewatch volume 7 and 8 and I calculate the semblance feats when I get the chance. (Though it will be a while because I’m going to be hanging out with my family tomorrow).
So let me get this straight, youre going to calculate feats of running/flying speed and try to use that as evidence to debunk a character's combat/reaction speed

Makes sense

The results don't matter because you can't prove they should be MHS in that moment.

Bruh, is it really hard to understand. We don't just assume characters are moving at a certain speed because its convenient. So there's no point calcing random fights when there's nothing to indicate they are moving at a particular speed. THATS WHY WE HAVE SPEES FEATS. If characters were always moving at such speeds then everything they do would be a feat.
Same with AP too.

I feel like I would look bad for not responding but it is 1:00am where I live and I can’t understand your last comment despite rereading it 6 times. So clearly I am way too tired to debate at this time. I’ll be back tomorrow (I know I have a response for your last comment, but I can’t even put it into word right now because I have stayed awake way longer than I should have. A good nights rest is important so I’ll see you later (hopefully in the morning but I promised my mom I would visit her tomorrow so sorry for any inconvenience. I feel really bad, but if I don’t go to bed I can tell I’m going to be in a sleep induced stupor).

No offense to KeeWeed but if everyone else is in agreement can we move on? Although I genuinely want him to understand. There's no reason to halt everything if majority is on board.

If I knew how to make profiles I'd do the Aura and Grimm stuff. Haven't we finished the 8-B/8-A and 7-C scaling? Don't we just need a CRT? I don't really much point in distinguishing durability between aura shield or no shield so can't help there.

I mentioned problems with that calc before, unless I missed something we never see the hole Oscar makes.

The size being used here is a massive assumption, since the hole's size could be anywhere from the size of Oscar's body or more. We have no idea how deep the hole is there either, and once again unless I'm mistaking. I don't see why using the rock part in that second scan is acceptable since nothing states that's what he destroyed.

Just wanted to mention this. Don't know if someone else brought it up, but I feel like the regeneration for Salem should be bumped up to High. We see here what it looks like when the Gods kill someone, like scattered particles or molecules, which she survived. And even then, the fact that she took a dip in the pools that Jinn described as a force of "pure destruction" makes me believe she qualifies for it.

Anyone else fine with it?

It's not possible to see particles or molecules with the naked eye, those seem to be pieces or ashes which are far bigger than that.

My head canon is that her regen is Low-Godly, but for now she hasn't been destroyed by that much.

Cinder >=< Penny >(Individually)> RWBY >(As a team or individually)> ACEOPS

Also, see you guys are running into problems here with how you scale Maidens. But let's disregard that momentarily. Penny lifting Amity was down with Maiden powers if anyone missed it. She used it to increase the amount of force coming from her legs and hands. So she's ampping herself to a higher degree. The ACEOPS were "keeping up" because of numbers mainly and we didn't see Penny amp herself like she did against Cinder or try as hard like when she lifted Amity. So I don't see why they'd scale. They didn't damage her as Cinder did either.

1. All blown away just from her wind.
2. Vine literally never did anything.
3. Harriet tried blitzing Penny and got smacked.
4. Elm's rockets tanked, Elm's hammer, tanked. She did restrain briefly and then blew them away with her powers.
5. Marrow did tag her twice and then froze her.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Also quick thing i wanted to ask, should we add that Aura cold resistance allows them to resist th cold of what is their planet's north pole?

Do we considered Maiden powers an AMP when the eyes are glowing?

Since the calc I did was before her eyes started to glow. That was my original question, her eyes glowed after what I calced.
I don't. Only when there's reason to believe she's performing greater than she normally would. In that scene Penny tries pushing it and then she activates the the power...then her flames turn blue and they get larger as well. So we presume she's using her powers amplify herself.

Back