• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Volume 8 CRT - First Half

So with the Volume break coming and it being two months long, I feel like this is the best time to post what’s been shown.

The Hound: Should get a profile and have the standard Grimm abilities, plus Transformation, Flight, Body Control, Elasticity, Summoning from calling backup Grimm, and should be noted that it can talk.

Penny: Her fight with Cinder and her holding Amity can be factored in as being comparable to the other Maidens which is High-7C.

Salem: The storm that she created. We only see a portion of at the end of Volume 7, however when Penny flies next to Amity, we get a shot of both the whale and Atlas with the entire storm surrounding them. Considering how big both the city and the whale is, the storm must be massive. I am waiting for it to be calculated but if it causes a change for her it should also affect Ozma and the Maidens.

I also think she should have some sort of Smoke Manipulation seen here. Its a little hard to make out, but its an image of her daughters as you can hear faint laughter in the background when watchin it.

Edit: Also, both episode 6 and 7 show her controlling the Grimm River, which is known converting any life that falls in into Grimm, as seen with the tree branch that fell in. Because of this, she should get Death Manipulation and Existence Erasure.

Feel free to mention anything I might have missed. If something comes from new episodes I’ll update it as well.

Last edited:
Well, there isn't much reason to have spoiler tags since this is a V8 thread. But the storm may not have any effect on past Salem or Ozma. Since it unlikely she's remained stagnant over hundreds (if not thousands) of years. She wasn't even manipulating the powers of Darkness to the same degree (if at all). Not to mention we don't know how the magic works in relation to their bodies. So don't have any reason to believe that storm creation isn't just some weather creation hax. That doesn't scale to them physically.

I would love for the storm stuff to scale to them. But I currently see zero reasons why it would. Just how I feel about, storm stuff is fun to think about but ultimately doesn't matter. Though I am trying to convince anyone of this, just describing my position.

The storm was moving alongside Monstro, i dont see whyit wouldnt scale
I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I know Salem made it, but what I don't know is why the storm (anyway storm) would scale to them physically. Especially since we don't know exactly magic works, unlike the way we know Aura does. But hey if you can tell what that relationship is and why it'd apply to them physically...then by all means.

Otherwise, I just see it as weather manipulation. Cool but not much else.

Because it was created, sustained, and moved with her magic? Clouds weigh a ton and the KE of moving them is insane
Okay, I'll make it very clear since you aren't understanding what I am asking for. I know it is a feat to create AND move a storm, but that isn't the issue.

Was the storm made by magic? If so, how does that work?

By which I mean what causal relationship does magic have with one's physical body?

If you do not know, then how would one justify a character scaling to such a feat? (Unless you aren't saying it scales to her, just something she can do)

Yes, all of Salem's powers are magic based, same as the maidens

The same magic that was used to create the storm empowers them physically

Yes, all of Salem's powers are magic based, same as the maidens

The same magic that was used to create the storm empowers them physically
How do you know that it amps them physically? And even if they are capable of ampping them physically, why does that correlate to the storm? What because it comes from the same energy source?

For all, we know the storm creation and any other abilities are just hax that scale to the energy source. But that wouldn't mean the person would scale to the energy. It is like having universal time stop. Without knowing that the energy is created from a person's physicality then I would just say it's just a hax.

How do you know that it amps them physically? And even if they are capable of ampping them physically, why does that correlate to the storm? What because it comes from the same energy source?

For all, we know the storm creation and any other abilities are just hax that scale to the energy source. But that wouldn't mean the person would scale to the energy. It is like having universal time stop. Without knowing that the energy is created from a person's physicality then I would just say it's just a hax.
Because its shown to in the show? Penny goes from tier 8 to tier 7 when using her Maiden powers, the same principle applies to Salem

Thatsa bit of a bad comparison, its more akin to Telekinesis users, a telekinesis user who can amplify their power with their telekinesis would scale to the things they can move with their telekinesis

Because its shown to in the show? Penny goes from tier 8 to tier 7 when using her Maiden powers, the same principle applies to Salem

Thatsa bit of a bad comparison, its more akin to Telekinesis users, a telekinesis user who can amplify their power with their telekinesis would scale to the things they can move with their telekinesis
Your Telekinesis example only applies if you are trying to scale just an ability. But that wouldn't scale the ability to the person unless there is further context allowing for it. Also, I already know that Maiden powers (not inherently) can amp you that's fine. But that doesn't mean that's always happening.

And when talking about inverse comparisons like this I wouldn't mention tiers or anything of that specific nature. Since that's just how we arbitrarily interpret the show none of it actually cannon to it. Just minor nitpick.

Your Telekinesis example only applies if you are trying to scale just an ability. But that wouldn't scale the ability to the person unless there is further context allowing for it. Also, I already know that Maiden powers (not inherently) can amp you that's fine. But that doesn't mean that's always happening.

And when talking about inverse comparisons like this I wouldn't mention tiers or anything of that specific nature. Since that's just how we arbitrarily interpret the show none of it actually cannon to it. Just minor nitpick.
No? It would apply to physical stats as well just like the example of the moving clouds with their magic here. And yes, when they are using their maiden powers they are passively amped.

No? It would apply to physical stats as well just like the example of the moving clouds with their magic here. And yes, when they are using their maiden powers they are passively amped.
Can you provide evidence that they are passively only when using Maiden powers and aren't when they are not?

Also, you said no and gave your example again but that didn't really explain why it'd apply to someone's physicality. (btw I don't agree that telekinesis would apply that way anyway)

If someone uses their telekinesis to make themselves physically stronger yes, it scales to what they can move with their telekinesis. The same principle applies here with magic moving clouds

Well as I'm still waiting on the storm evaluation (unless anyone here knows how to calculate storm feats), is everything else listed fine to add?

If someone uses their telekinesis to make themselves physically stronger yes, it scales to what they can move with their telekinesis. The same principle applies here with magic moving clouds
Yes. But again are they always doing that? How do you know?
Just because they can amp themselves physically doesn't they always do.

Well no one relevant scales to the first two. But yeah the rest are fine. What 3-4 storm feats are you referring to? I'm only aware of Raven's. Amber made one but no really cared about it, not calculated it. Fria didn't make one, Penny did but its very small comparably speaking. Which ones?

I’m 90% certain Penny’s storm won’t get results anywhere near Raven’s 500+ Kiloton one. Not sure about Amber’s.

Anyway, every Maiden that isn’t Fria should be roughly equal to each other.

I'm not really someone who does storm calcs, but I did try my best on the Salem/Whale storm.

I'm positive my volume/measurements are fine, but using what I got the storm gave me 4 Gigatons or High 7-A+ results using condensation. If I didn't mess up horribly somewhere, this results is a low ball as I only measured what is on screen. So the actual results could be 6-C, which starts at 4.3 Gigatons.

I'm not really someone who does storm calcs, but I did try my best on the Salem/Whale storm.

I'm positive my volume/measurements are fine, but using what I got the storm gave me 4 Gigatons or High 7-A+ results using condensation. If I didn't mess up horribly somewhere, this results is a low ball as I only measured what is on screen. So the actual results could be 6-C, which starts at 4.3 Gigatons.
Would giving measurements of the whale help you be more accurate? There is concepts arts that depict its size.

I think my own measurements are fine, that's the part I'm most confident in. Can I not use Atlas's size even though it's on the screen?

You can. They’re roughly the same size. I just thought that might have helped. Anyway, if the calc is true, how would this scale to Ozma and the Maidens?

I don't think it should, if this actually scaled to Salem's magic there's no reason to assume she didn't grow stronger after thousands of years from her first fight with Ozma. I don't believe he'd have any reason to scale if this actually scales to Salem or anyone.

We also have no idea how this storm was made, if Salem or the Whale created it.

Well that's unfortunate, but my measurement of the Storm is likely incorrect. The Whale is actually a lot smaller than Atlas which means it was a higher up and closer to the camera than Atlas. Since the storm and the whale are at the same height, that means what I measured is actually smaller than it appears.

Well that's unfortunate, but my measurement of the Storm is likely incorrect. The Whale is actually a lot smaller than Atlas which means it was a higher up and closer to the camera than Atlas. Since the storm and the whale are at the same height, that means what I measured is actually smaller than it appears.
If that’s the case, what do you expect it to be?

Back