• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Volume 8 CRT - First Half

Hey I just want to ask what MHS feats are Rwby going to scale to. If it’s mercury dodging Amber’s lightning I have many problems with that (but it is late where I live and my next question may make it irrelevant). I’ve heard there are other MHS feats for Rwby. I asked a long time ago what the feats were and you told me that you would tell me later. Since this seems like the time you are upgrading Rwby I think it is a good time to ask what the other feats you mentioned a long time ago are.

If Amber’s lightning feat is the only MHS feat then I have dozens of problems with this upgrade, but if there are other feats and they are consistent then that’s good for everybody.

Ok I’ll be back tomorrow then because I have many problems with that feat.

(I was going to list one of my issues with it, but I’ll save it for when I wake up).

Hey I just want to ask what MHS feats are Rwby going to scale to. If it’s mercury dodging Amber’s lightning I have many problems with that (but it is late where I live and my next question may make it irrelevant). I’ve heard there are other MHS feats for Rwby. I asked a long time ago what the feats were and you told me that you would tell me later. Since this seems like the time you are upgrading Rwby I think it is a good time to ask what the other feats you mentioned a long time ago are.

If Amber’s lightning feat is the only MHS feat then I have dozens of problems with this upgrade, but if there are other feats and they are consistent then that’s good for everybody.
Are you trying to say there's some sort of contradiction or is there a problem with the calc?

Im almost positive the issue is going to be a mix of 'if they can dodge lightning why are bullets threatening to them' and 'they were able to dodge lightning but Amber hit them immediately after'

If the issue is the former, it only scales to end of Volume 5/Volume 6 onwards RWBY, where the characters were visibly so unbothered by bullets that they were having entire conversations while casually blocking them on top of characters like Mercury having speed instances that outstrip anything pre-timeskip, even intercepting Ruby's semblance which can speedblitz Pyrrha. On top of that, MHS characters being able to hit each other with projectile attacks just means they scale to each other.

If the issue is the latter it literally just means Amber scales to them in speed, not really sure why this has been considered an issue in the past but apparently it has been.

I’m back.

My first issue with MHS Rwby is Penny’s lightning in volume 8 is shown to be green. Lightning being a different color has automatically disqualified for different verses before. Astral Chain for example has it’s lightning come from storms or be caused by something that creates storms (whether that being the main antagonist or the corruption they emit doesn’t matter much), yet that lightning was auto disqualified for because it was purple. Penny’s lightning being green means that all the maiden’s lightning can be different colors and lightning being anything but whitish blue (the actual color of lightning) or yellow (the color fiction mistakes it for 90% of the time) is enough to disqualify it.

Ignoring how it still is a massive outlier. We had two CRTs that went on for over 5 pages and declared it an outlier. Just moving where it scales to doesn’t work. It’s like you have a character in book one consistently be wall level, they have a 8-C outlier, then you have that outlier scale to the character in book 2 because the characters got stronger. That’s not how it works, it was an outlier and it stays an outlier. The high Hypersonic performed around the same time in verse required a time slow and there a dozen to if not over a hundred supersonic to hypersonic feats all requiring a wide varying degree of effort vs a single MHS.

While you could argue the bullets are faster, if we calculated the other speed feats that don’t revolve bullets they would most likely get supersonic results. Heck most the feats the characters scale to right now don’t revolve around bullets. Rwby with her speed amp in volume 6 dodging missiles got supersonic results. And I know that any of the feats with Rwby’s semblance in volume 7 and 8 aren’t going to get anywhere close to MHS. There is 1 MHS and every feat preformed before and after are vastly lower than the High Hypersonic feat that required time slow to be achieved.

We wouldnt be using penny's lightning, just the natural lightning amber used

See here's the thing, those crts were made with the assumption that pre-timeskip scales to it (and looking at what you're arguing right now it seems you are also making that assumption), in which case it is in fact an outlier. The current argument for it though makes it not an outlier as the characters who scale to it are absurdly faster than pre-timeskip and consistently treated as untouchable by the Hypersonic and hypersonic+ characters in the verse. The high Hypersonic feat was performed pre-timeskip, it has no bearing on feats that happened post-timeskip.

So in was right about the main argument against it being bullets, cool.

TLDR: MHS literally only scales to volume 6 onwards, the current arguments against it being used only take into consideration the assumption that it scales to the entire series.

Good to see you ignored this part of my arguement. ‘Just moving where it scales to doesn’t work. It’s like you have a character in book one consistently be wall level, they have a 8-C outlier, then you have that outlier scale to the character in book 2 because the characters got stronger. That’s not how it works, it was an outlier and it stays an outlier. The high Hypersonic performed around the same time in verse required a time slow.’

‘If we calculated the other speed feats that don’t revolve bullets they would most likely get supersonic results. Heck most the feats the characters scale to right now don’t revolve around bullets.’

I said multiple times even ignoring bullets all the other feats before and after end up being supersonic to hypersonic. Below the high Hypersonic feat that required a time amp.

I brought up Penny’s Lightning because her Lightning should be the same as Amber’s. Amber’s lightning is yellow because that’s her maiden color, like how Penny’s Lightning is green due to that being her color. The lightning can be different colors, depending upon the eye glow of the maiden’s, meaning it should be disqualified.

Last edited:
Good to see you ignored this part of my arguement. ‘Just moving where it scales to doesn’t work. It’s like you have a character in book one consistently be wall level, they have a 8-C outlier, then you have that outlier scale to the character in book 2 because the characters got stronger. That’s not how it works, it was an outlier and it stays an outlier. The high Hypersonic performed around the same time in verse required a time slow.’
See, the comparison you are making doesnt really make any sense. Using the scenario you are describing it would be:

Two characters fight, one is wall level and one is building level. The building level stomps the wall level character. Later on the wall level character becomes stronger and is able to match the building level character in a fight. They would then scale to the 8-C feat as it is now justified to say that they became 8-C in the process of becoming stronger.

The high hypersonic feat was performed by people who are slower than the mhs people so there is really no reason to claim it is an outlier when the people who are slower than the mhs people are in fact slower.
‘If we calculated the other speed feats that don’t revolve bullets they would most likely get supersonic results. Heck most the feats the characters scale to right now don’t revolve around bullets.’
This holds true for every single verse on the wiki. Lower feats do not disqualify higher feats, especially when said lower feats are immensely casual for the people who scale to the mhs feat.
I said multiple times even ignoring bullets all the other feats before and after end up being supersonic to hypersonic. Below the high Hypersonic feat that required a time amp.
An amp done by people who at the time were canonically immensely slower than the mhs people. The same people who, as I stated previously, can casually outspeed even the fastest speed amps available to the cast such as Ruby's semblance.
I brought up Penny’s Lightning because her Lightning should be the same as Amber’s. Amber’s lightning is yellow because that’s her maiden color, like how Penny’s Lightning is green due to that being her color. The lightning can be different colors, depending upon the eye glow of the maiden’s, meaning it should be disqualified.
Color means nothing when it is natural lightning in every aspect. Hell lightning in the majority of fiction is portrayed as yellow or blue when real lightning is white.

I agree that Penny's lightning is not real lightning, but Amber's lightning is clearly cloud to ground lightning; that one should be fine to use.
Penny and Amber’s Lightning is the same though. The only reason Amber’s is yellow is because that’s her maiden color. They both summon their lightning through the same weather powers, but Penny’s is green due to her maiden color, meaning Amber’s would be a different color if her maiden color was different.

@Weekly

Last I checked mercury is the one who did the MHS feat and while he is superior to Ruby he isn’t hundreds of times better than her.

Also Ruby, even with her speed amp, hasn’t preformed a feat better than the time amp even post volume 5. Low end feats do matter when literally every other feat in the verse, before and after, keeps consistently coming up vastly slower than the highest feat. Especially when many of the supersonic to hypersonic feats required speed amps and the second to best feat required a time amp and is never matched again even with other speed amps.

Last edited:
Like let's be real if the color of lightning was all it took to disqualify it being real lightning we would almost never have real lightning feats as lightning irl is white whereas in 99% of fiction it is portrayed as blue or yellow
Astral Chain’s was disqualified sheerly due to being purple so it definitely is enough to disqualify it. The reason why yellow hasn’t disqualified it is because 90% of fiction consistently makes that mistake, and blue is somewhat correct as long as it’s mostly white (lightning is bluish white, not purely white).

Why would we claim lightning to be realistic enough to be lightning speed if it isn’t even the proper color (ignoring yellow due to it being such a common mistake that only three verses I can think of would have properly lightning and two of those verses don’t even scale to the lightning because it moves miles in the time it takes the characters to move an inch).

It’s like a verse having green lava and then we claim it should scale to regular lava temperatures. It shouldn’t because it doesn’t match reality at all.

Even then there is still the problem of there being a single MHS feat performed with little effort vs multiple feats afterwards, performed with speed amps, getting results hundreds of times worse. Even worse than the second to best feat, that also required an even better amp (the second to best feat not even being close to MHS either).

Even then there is still the problem of there being a single MHS feat performed with little effort vs multiple feats afterwards, performed with speed amps, getting results hundreds of times worse. Even worse than the second to best feat, that also required an even better amp (the second to best feat not even being close to MHS either).
Again you're making the false assumption that this is going to scale to volumes 1-6. It's not. Your whole argument falls apart with this assumption.

The MHS characters can outspeed people with those high hypersonic speed amps and have done so in the show

“Even then there is still the problem of there being a single MHS feat performed with little effort vs multiple feats afterwards, performed with speed amps, getting results hundreds of times worse. Even worse than the second to best feat, that also required an even better amp (the second to best feat not even being close to MHS either).”

I said after the mhs feat. In the future volumes after Rwby fought Mercury she has used her semblance dozens of times and I know that none of the time she has used her semblance would get MHS results.

Also Rwby fought Mercury during volume 5 so she should scale to him then, yet during volume 5 she only does supersonic feats and her semblance rocket dodging feat in volume 6 only got supersonic results. Why would she start scale to Mercury in volume 7 and not the volume she actually fought him.

“The MHS characters can outspeed people with those high hypersonic speed amps and have done so in the show”

When did any character out speed Weiss or Winter when they had the time amp activated. I’m generally curious because as far as I’m aware the time amp hasn’t been used for years.

Also lava can in fact be green irl
When I looked it up it can only be green when cooling down. What I meant was if molten lava like from a volcano was just randomly green we wouldn’t count that as normal lava (sorry for responding to this kinda late, but I got curious about real life green lava and decided to look it up).

There is a single MHS feat and it isn’t even the most realistic. If the lightning was green and that was the only feat in the verse I would be a bit lenient (like BotW it has green lightning but it is shown to travel dozens of miles in less than a second (which by the way that means that lightning is MHS through its own feats, not because it actually behaves realistically, it actually has a few more problems than just color), though I’ve been wanting to downgrade link for the same reason I downgraded Dark Souls). However there is a combination of problems here: the lightning having unrealistic qualities and that none of the other feats in the series ever come close to MHS before and after the feat. Even when speed amps are involved.

If there was even a single other MHS feat I would be much more on board with this upgrade, but their isn’t another feat. It’s one feat, with small problems, versus dozens of feats all of which are dozens of times slower at best and over a hundred times slower at worst.

Idk why color is important; most fictions potray it as yellow, but it's more like a white color IRL. But Suzaku from YYH had his lightning being considered nor real by the nature that it was red. But I believe Penny's lightning wasn't considered real do to being more associated with machine generated electricity.

Side note, temperatures of various hot objects such as plasma, lava, fire, ect do indicate temperatures. Red being the coldest and blue being the hottest.

The reason why yellow is ignored is because 90% of fiction makes that mistake. It’s like when people draw water (like a cup of water, the ocean is a mix of many bluish green colors) as blue rather than clear, it’s a mistake that happens so often it can be forgiven. But having Lightning be green or red is both not realistic and not even close to a common mistake.

While I think color alone wouldn’t be a massive problem, when you combined the slightly unrealistic lightning with the fact it is the only MHS feat in the verse, versus dozens of supersonic feat (performed after volume 6), some requiring a speed amp, it makes the MHS very questionable. At the very, very least I think it would be better to put the MHS rating as a likely or possibly with the them hypersonic at least, rather than have them be straight MHS.

Before anyone responds lets understand some things.

1. Having a higher end feat happen preceding lower end ones doesn't negate the higher feat. It doesn't matter if Ruby doesn't have better feats in Volume 5, 6, 7, or 8. That doesn't contradict the higher feat. (And in case anyone wasn't aware, when you say something is an outlier or inconsistent you are saying there's a contradiction.)
2. @Keeweed you are wasting everyone's time until you either specifically point out the contradictions with characters being MHS AND which calcs you have issue with.
3. It sounds like the only way for his argument to stand even if he points out feats were "more effort" was put for a lower result. Which tells me he's assuming the speed without knowing contextually if their going all out. (Bad habit many who calc have). Using Ruby's semblance doesn't work either because she doesn't have to going at max speed while using it. There's no contradiction with her moving slower than her base either. ESPECIALLY when it has other uses besides speed, which she primarily uses it for.
4. The color of lightning thing is obviously idiotic. You could make these arbitrations every single type of feat in almost any series. Powerscaling is built upon preconceived notions and assumptions so without it couldn't even function.
5. WE USE REALITY TO EXPLAIN FICTION, NOT LIMIT IT. To do otherwise is a literal syntax error. This is power scaling 101, so please don't say "it couldn't be done in reality or doesn't make sense in real life".

“Having a higher end feat happen preceding lower end ones doesn't negate the higher feat.”

When you have a single high end feat and every feat afterwards is dozens to over a hundred times slower dozens of times in a row it does effect high end feats. An outlier is not an contradiction it is a thing situated away or detached from a system. This MHS feat is hilariously above all the other feats in the series by a gigantic margin and nothing every gets close to it ever again. Even when the characters amp and put all their effort into it there isn’t a single feat that gets even within a dozen times close to it.

There is 1 MHS feat with slight effort then every other feat is supersonic to hypersonic with a varying degree of effort. That is the definition of an outlier. Something completely detached from everything else that is never replicated again.

Back