• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Vol 9 General Discussion Thread: Multiverse Of Therapy

Also, it is a case of bad faith when only one person would actually argue against my points instead of harping one point over and over again to which I already addressed.

Your argument was literally "He made it so he should scale to it" even though there are millions of cases in fiction where characters can produce abilities through their own power that vastly outscale them.
Also, if they are able to make them with their own power, then they should scale.

My argument was that he was able to use his power source that every character has in the series to create a construct capable of containing a nuke. With said construct also being powered by the same power source that fuels his shields.
That's literally what I just said. I can give you an example of a character who can casually shit out an attack that can one-shot themselves, that being Goku with the Dragon Fist. This attack consistently one-shots his enemies in like every media ever even when they're capable of One-Shoting him yet he it doesn't seem to be draining him at all, even in extremely power consuming forms like Super Saiyan 3 in its debut.

That's literally what I just said. I can give you an example of a character who can casually shit out an attack that can one-shot themselves, that being Goku with the Dragon Fist. This attack consistently one-shots his enemies in like every media ever even when they're capable of One-Shoting him yet he it doesn't seem to be draining him at all, even in extremely power consuming forms like Super Saiyan 3 in its debut.
I don’t know why you are dragging in a non-canon attack but sicne he is able to output that level of energy within himself and withstand it, he should still scale.

You can believe anything as much as you want and I don't want to sound like a dick but just because you believe something doesn't make it true.
Expect I believe it is true and have provided solid evidence for it. Again, the construct is generated with the same energy he used for attacks and defense. He should scale.

Expect I believe it is true and have provided solid evidence for it. Again, the construct is generated with the same energy he used for attacks and defense. He should scale.
And I've given you an example of a character that has the same situation as Vine yet doesn't scale to it. Even if you don't accept it because it's Non-Canon then there's also Vegeta with his Final Flash. It's not as casual but when charged up to the maximum then it could easily kill Vegeta himself since it's like 40× stronger than himself at least given how it was way stronger than Goku's SSBK×20 Spirit Bomb when it was charged up as much as possible.

And I've given you an example of a character that has the same situation as Vine yet doesn't scale to it. Even if you don't accept it because it's Non-Canon then there's also Vegeta with his Final Flash. It's not as casual but when charged up to the maximum then it could easily kill Vegeta himself since it's like 40× stronger than himself at least given how it was way stronger than Goku's SSBK×20 Spirit Bomb when it was charged up as much as possible.
Expect that the construct Vine made isn’t an attack. It’s literally a bubble. He wouldn’t have any reason to be harmed by it. Add the fact that it’s explicitly said to be an extension of his aura, and he scales.

Expect that the construct Vine made isn’t an attack. It’s literally a bubble. He wouldn’t have any reason to be harmed by it. Add the fact that it’s explicitly said to be an extension of his aura, and he scales.
Yet he still got One-Shot while at nearly an entirely full Aura since it was never stated that using his Semblance on a massive scale for even a brief period of time will just delete his reserves.

Yet he still got One-Shot while at nearly an entirely full Aura since it was never stated that using his Semblance on a massive scale for even a brief period of time will just delete his reserves.
That doesn’t matter in the slightest as he is still able to make it. And, again, it has been shown that semblances don’t drain aura at the same rate.

That doesn’t matter in the slightest as he is still able to make it.
Bro it literally one-shot him. It doesn't matter if he can make it he gets killed by something that his Semblance can tank, it means he doesn't scale to his own Semblance. What's worse is that he can actively use his Semblance as an attack thats stronger than him as shown by how casually he broke Blake's aura with it during his fight with her and Yang.
And, again, it has been shown that semblances don’t drain aura at the same rate.
I wasn't comparing him to other characters, I was comparing him to himself.

Bro it literally one-shot him. It doesn't matter if he can make it he gets killed by something that his Semblance can tank, it means he doesn't scale to his own Semblance. What's worse is that he can actively use his Semblance as an attack thats stronger than him as shown by how casually he broke Blake's aura with it during his fight with her and Yang.
That means that Blake and Yang scale to his semblance then. Also, why would he just not scale to thing he is creating with his own power?

That means that Blake and Yang scale to his semblance then.
How in the **** does Blake scale to something that casually shattered her aura? That makes no ******* sense.
Also, why would he just not scale to thing he is creating with his own power?
Because fiction is stupid like that sometimes. There are literally millions of franchises who give their characters powers, whether offensive, defensive or both, that Massively outscale themselves. RWBY is no different.

Yeah I can do something like that.

I’ll list out what we need to add for the CRT and tell me if I’m missing anything.

• physics manip
  • subjective reality
  • high 3-A
  • limited type 4 immortality
  • plant manipulation
  • life manipulation
  • spatial manip
So when will you make this CRT?

How in the ***** does Blake scale to something that casually shattered her aura? That makes no ***** sense.
Because she was already fighting Elm as well and she still survived the attack. And mind you, she still had her aura up. It just caused her to shimmer.

Because she was already fighting Elm as well and she still survived the attack. And mind you, she still had her aura up. It just caused her to shimmer.
I'm pretty certain it straight up broke. Either way, the fact that it shimmered means it hit her really hard as auras only ever shimmer like that from one attack if it's a lot stronger than them. Either way, point being is that fiction allows for characters to do shit that's impossible, like outputting a hell of a lot more power than you can actually survive without it being detrimental. Hell, people in real life can actually output enough force to significantly harm themselves beyond their own durability so this isn't even that crazy of a concept.

I'm pretty certain it straight up broke. Either way, the fact that it shimmered means it hit her really hard as auras only ever shimmer like that from one attack if it's a lot stronger than them. Either way, point being is that fiction allows for characters to do shit that's impossible, like outputting a hell of a lot more power than you can actually survive without it being detrimental. Hell, people in real life can actually output enough force to significantly harm themselves beyond their own durability so this isn't even that crazy of a concept.
That still means they are able to survive said output. And I just rewatched the scene and saw that it was a shimmer. Also, if the attack was like stronger than her, she would have just died lol.

That still means they are able to survive said output.
You're not listening. Real Life People can output more power than they can withstand, its a pretty common injury for people who do sports, wrestling and other stuff like that to sometimes harm themselves more than other people do because they tries too hard. Fiction takes that issue away from a lot of characters because they like having people have durability that makes no ******* sense.
And I just rewatched the scene and saw that it was a shimmer. Also, if the attack was like stronger than her, she would have just died lol.
You can survive things stronger than yourself IRL, so long as it isn't massively more powerful than you are.

Honestly this entire problem seems to stem from you not truly understanding how fiction and irl physics work.

You're not listening. Real Life People can output more power than they can withstand, its a pretty common injury for people who do sports, wrestling and other stuff like that to sometimes harm themselves more than other people do because they tries too hard. Fiction takes that issue away from a lot of characters because they like having people have durability that makes no ***** sense.

You can survive things stronger than yourself IRL, so long as it isn't massively more powerful than you are.

Honestly this entire problem seems to stem from you not truly understanding how fiction and irl physics work.
My guy, if they are still able to live after outputting the attacks, they scale either way. They may be hurt, but they scale.

My guy, if they are still able to live after outputting the attacks, they scale either way. They may be hurt, but they scale.
If they're literally hurting themselves then they clearly don't scale to their own shit, so you're just wrong. Do you think Deku scales to his max power whenever it's literally destroying his own body? He's physically outputting that much power so clearly he must scale to it by your logic.

Ye
If they're literally hurting themselves then they clearly don't scale to their own shit, so you're just wrong. Do you think Deku scales to his max power whenever it's literally destroying his own body? He's physically outputting that much power so clearly he must scale to it by your logic.
Yes that is exactly what I am saying

Kinda need more input here

Emergency subject change powers: ACTIVATE!

So, um... apparently the second movie takes place after Volume 9. That's pretty cool.
It does??? Then unless I'm missing something here, this means that the whole crossover within itself is canon to RWBY.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the end of the movie is going to have a tease for Volume 10 if we get to see who Kilg%re is working with from Remnant

The deed has been done commander:

It does??? Then unless I'm missing something here, this means that the whole crossover within itself is canon to RWBY.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the end of the movie is going to have a tease for Volume 10 if we get to see who Kilg%re is working with from Remnant
Movies are considered canon adjacent. Which basically means they are canon but won’t be referenced in the main series. I think we should get separate profiles ready for these versions of the characters.

Back