• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Vol 9 General Discussion Thread: Multiverse Of Therapy

Honestly? As forced as the blatant shipping was for Batman and Weiss, I'm actually kind of glad that this movie made Batman much more down to earth and light hearted in comparison to how he's been in the depicted in the last 5+ years or so.

Still, a second viewing of the movie has made me see why people wouldn't like the characterization of this movie....but I still had fun watching it, and characters like Jaune and Jessica Cruz get some pretty decent moments IMO.

Proof that they were forced to make it?
I didnt mean literally

it was a part of their contract as a subsidiary of Warner Bros, and WB decided that was a good idea instead of having WB animators help them make Volume 9 better

the only benefit of this movie is that RT keeps WB in good faith and continues being supported by WB, and thats it

Considering the responses, the Cat's sandbox is mostly good?

The only major thing left is the intelligence section. Like I've said multiple times I'm no good with that and can use some help with it.

Only other thing I'd add would be scans and pictures to go along with the references. Though I don't have the ability to do that right now.
Shouldn't their speed also be higher when Transformed?

They could react to a stronger ruby rose after she accented but when team rwby would all together with that combo attack they couldn't keep up

The cat didn't really have any speed feats in their normal form right? They reacted to Neo's charging at him but it was meant to fake him out.

His breath attack speed is capable of hitting them, and seems to be a faster attack.

Basically I just labeled the speed as is, assuming his speed remains the same at least in terms of reactions/combat.

The cat didn't really have any speed feats in their normal form right? They reacted to Neo's charging at him but it was meant to fake him out.

His breath attack speed is capable of hitting them, and seems to be his fastest attack.

Basically I just labeled the speed as is, assuming his speed remains the same at least in terms of reactions/combat.
There’s also the potential for a rela feat from upscaling from the girls when the covered their eyes from Ruby’s flash of light.

I’d recommend compiling together all the propositions for the CRT in a single post here just for clarity’s sake and probably time saving too.

The main things I recall being proposed are the following:

1) Cat profile and all keys + abilities additions to it.

2) Neo upgrade with her new powers.

3) The two brothers tier change (which I still disagree with tbh) and probably some ability additions for them as well.

So far that’s what I recall. I don’t think there’s any particular tier changes for the RWBY cast or special ability additions for them either besides a stronger key for Ruby.

Wondering if we should give Jaune a Rusted Knight key? He was a much better fighter than RWBY and practically took down NeoCat before they exploited his trauma via Penny and Pyrrha. Then again if he kept his memories after de-aging it might not be needed.

I’d recommend compiling together all the propositions for the CRT in a single post here just for clarity’s sake and probably time saving too.

The main things I recall being proposed are the following:

1) Cat profile and all keys + abilities additions to it.

2) Neo upgrade with her new powers.

3) The two brothers tier change (which I still disagree with tbh) and probably some ability additions for them as well.

So far that’s what I recall. I don’t think there’s any particular tier changes for the RWBY cast or special ability additions for them either besides a stronger key for Ruby.
Theres a few upgrades still in the works, like the crt regarding upgrading Yang and Adam's sembalces

what are we changing the brothers tier to? Ik its implied they made the world or rather many worlds are we including stars as well?

Correct, its just him extending his aura
I was thinking about the bomb feat again. His semblance draws on his aura, which would take away from his personal shield. But, he still output enough power to contain said bomb, albeit still dying in the explosion. I guess the logic is that, if Vine had chosen not to extend his aura out, he would have survived the blast, as his aura could contain it.

I was thinking about the bomb feat again. His semblance draws on his aura, which would take away from his personal shield. But, he still output enough power to contain said bomb, albeit still dying in the explosion. I guess the logic is that, if Vine had chosen not to extend his aura out, he would have survived the blast, as his aura could contain it.
Pretty much yeah, he contained it which is what killed him, but he used his aura to contain it. His Laura's durability would scale to the blast but he physically would not.

Pretty much yeah, he contained it which is what killed him, but he used his aura to contain it. His Laura's durability would scale to the blast but he physically would not.
Yeah. I wouldn’t say like his aura less state could scale to it, but his aura could. Now the question is, how do we determine how strong the bomb was?

Theres already a calc for the bomb
The problem with the calc is that it assumes Ironwood is being consertivr and that he made the bomb to blow up Mantle. When the actual reason was that it was made to blow up Monstra and was not tampered with before being shifted into blowing up the bomb.

Also, I know some people have an issue with the fact that Vine died. Yet, he still created a construct powerful enough to contain the bomb. That was before he died. Theoretically, he could pull out the same sort of power any time and still live, even without the bomb.

Where does the likely 4-C come from?
Assuming they created everything in the universe one thing at a time, this including stars
It ain’t no guidebook. It’s a fairy tale that was proven to be wrong in universe, I don’t think the 3-A rating is well grounded personally.
It wasnt proven wrong though? Still not sure where youre getting this idea from

Huh😭 Welp I was just thrown for a loop, so there is no guidebook🤔
It is a guidebook yes, im not sure what Maitreya is talking about

20220903_223951.jpg

Huh😭 Welp I was just thrown for a loop, so there is no guidebook🤔
No, it is not a guidebook. It is a singular, one off statement from a fairy tale made by humans which was proven to be wrong about the God’s true origins. There are no other supporting statements or feats that even come close to the proposed level.

Assuming they created everything in the universe one thing at a time, this including stars
If they took time to create everything one at a time then it wouldn’t be baseline 4-C. And if they performed the feat together, that result would further be cut in half.
It wasnt proven wrong though? Still not sure where youre getting this idea from
Literally the entire story was wrong. What you’re doing, is picking the one and only page from that fairy tale that you agree with while completely ignoring the entire rest of the story which was proven to be wrong in universe. Those whole pages about the two brothers originally being one dragon that split itself in two because it was lonely was completely wrong. You know, the actual fairy tale the book recounted was shown to be wrong in the show itself. So picking that one page as being totally reliable while the rest of the entire story is totally untrustworthy just doesn’t work I believe. And with no other supporting evidence or even statements, it makes it even less plausible.

- the source of the statement is untrustworthy and not valid, ergo the statement can be dismissed.

No, it is not a guidebook. It is a singular, one off statement from a fairy tale made by humans which was proven to be wrong about the God’s true origins. There are no other supporting statements or feats that even come close to the proposed level.

If they took time to create everything one at a time then it wouldn’t be baseline 4-C. And if they performed the feat together, that result would further be cut in half.

Literally the entire story was wrong. What you’re doing, is picking the one and only page from that fairy tale that you agree with while completely ignoring the entire rest of the story which was proven to be wrong in universe. Those whole pages about the two brothers originally being one dragon that split itself in two because it was lonely was completely wrong. You know, the actual fairy tale the book recounted was shown to be wrong in the show itself. So picking that one page as being totally reliable while the rest of the entire story is totally untrustworthy just doesn’t work I believe. And with no other supporting evidence or even statements, it makes it even less plausible.

- the source of the statement is untrustworthy and not valid, ergo the statement can be dismissed.
I mean, youre free to disagree with it if you want to but the fact of the matter is its a blatant statement hat they created the universe from nothing, plain as day

I mean, youre free to disagree with it if you want to but the fact of the matter is its a blatant statement hat they created the universe from nothing, plain as day
So what? Just because something is said doesn’t make it true right?

If the source of the statement is unreliable and untrustworthy, the statement can be dismissed due to that.

Back