• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Vol 9 General Discussion Thread: Multiverse Of Therapy

I'm somewhat working on one. Though obviously very bare bones, and not certain if I'm right on everything. And I might get a different render for NeoCat if I can.

I'm horrible at intelligence so I'll need someone else to write that down.

Can anyone get me list of abilities/resistances I'm missing or tell me if I have something wrong? I'm assuming it's fine to give NeoCat all of Neo's Aura abilities?

Since they can use her Semblance they must be using her Aura. And is there anything that could change the cat's tier?

Magic, Immortality Types 1 and 4, since Afterans only die by ascending, Flight, Body Control, Natural Weaponry (Claws), Energy Projection, Possession, Size Manipulation, Teleportation, Invisibility, whatever sharing their Heart is, and Law Manipulation, since they changed that bird’s purpose to fight the Jabberwalker. Also, possessing someone results in them gaining all their abilities as shown with Neo and them using her Semblance.

These are the only ones I remember.

Funny enough, I think there’s another rela feat in the finale.
The script describes Ruby’s reemergence as an explosion of light

And we can see that, at 4:35, the characters react to the light before it hits them
I think it’s more like the wind but point still stands that they moved before the light hit them

Can someone have a look at this possible rela feat?

I would recommend a new tab for neocats illusions and all the powers they gain from power mimicry being in that tab for powers and Abilities

I somehow remembered that they should have Jabberwalker's Ascension negation by making duplicates of it. But for some reason didn't put down power mimicry.

I don't think we need to label the abilities of everyone Neo or the Cat copied, just list the people they did copy so you can go to those profiles and see their abilities.

I somehow remembered that they should have Jabberwalker's Ascension negation by making duplicates of it. But for some reason didn't put down power mimicry.

I don't think we need to label the abilities of everyone Neo or the Cat copied, just list the people they did copy so you can go to those profiles and see their abilities.

True but I think some stuff should be mentioned, not the specific abilities of a person but the general ones like Limited Immortality Negation (Type 4) from the Jabberwalker. The Limited due to only working in the Ever After. Energy Projection, since the clones aren’t using Dust for their weapon projectiles and instead comes from the Semblance, Weapon Creation for the clone’s weapons, Construction/Creation for the mansion, and maybe Hive Mind, since the clones share Neo’s consciousness yet have personality of their own.

Well we have no clue if neo could copy the maiden powers, if neo couldn't then wouldn't that be a resistance to power mimicry for maidens?

Can we label the cat as having Self-Sustenance of some kind? Considering it's inorganic physiology and how it clearly doesn't have any internal organs.

While they were tired after being beaten by Team RWBY, so no Type 3, I personally don't believe they need food or oxygen to survive.

Note: I won't be able to get the profile done today, but unless something comes up it should be good for tomorrow. Since it's getting pretty late were I am.

Though don't hesitate to call out anything I'm missing or have incorrect.

Might also start setting up a Jabberwalker page as well. Going to have the find a good render, and I might have to make one from a screenshot in the show.

You think subjective reality is a good ability for the two brothers? Because rewatching the finale the blacksmith says something like “the two brothers were given creativity so they could imagine what or who would live in the ever after.” And the image is like them planting some seeds and a butterfly appears. So that could be a possibility.

I don’t know, I think I’m cooking a little with this one but there could be some issues with it.
^ I’m still curious about opinions on this.

Something I also want opinions on regarding the gods:

Its’s possible that they could still probably be tier 4. The reason the tree made the door was because in their own words, the Ever After could no longer bear their experiments, meaning they would have eventually destroyed the realm. We saw how they grew stronger with their powers overtime. And one of the main things we know about them is that they would constantly fight each other, which we saw started because of their disagreement over what to do with the Jabberwalker.

Also, though the tree existed before them. That doesn’t mean everything else in the Ever After did as well. The tree called them the first to inhabit the Ever After, and that they were made to build the realm for those who came after.

We saw that the gods were the ones to make the Afterans, as well as the different acres built for their purposes, including the Dark Acre which is always dark and stormy, even having the sky itself sectioned off.

Last comment of the day.

It could be Subjective Reality, they have the ability of creation which is a power Subjective Reality can possess. Not certain if this is enough though, since that line works if they just have creation. Subjective Reality is kind of a weird ability, but I think they might need something more than that?

I can't really tell the difference between imaging a world/universe and using creation/reality warping to create it, and just using Subjective Reality to create it.

SilentLyfe

I can personally see something like that. But I can't really say right now if that is good enough for the profiles or not.

Might check back on that tomorrow, if you all don't reach an answer by then.

Something I also want opinions on regarding the gods:

Its’s possible that they could still probably be tier 4. The reason the tree made the door was because in their own words, the Ever After could no longer bear their experiments, meaning they would have eventually destroyed the realm. We saw how they grew stronger with their powers overtime. And one of the main things we know about them is that they would constantly fight each other, which we saw started because of their disagreement over what to do with the Jabberwalker.

Also, though the tree existed before them. That doesn’t mean everything else in the Ever After did as well. The tree called them the first to inhabit the Ever After, and that they were made to build the realm for those who came after.

We saw that the gods were the ones to make the Afterans, as well as the different acres built for their purposes, including the Dark Acre which is always dark and stormy, even having the sky itself sectioned off.
Unfortunately they would not be tier 4 no.

The first to inhabit the Ever After didn’t mean they created the stars in the ever after which would be necessary for the tier 4 rating. In fact pretty sure in the flashback we see that light was already shining and plants were already grown by the time the brothers came into being.

Even the stormy acres representing the GOD and GOL respectively wouldn’t grant the tiers either since all that is, is a bunch of clouds, not like actual stars. A good example would be how if I create all the land on the earth and even the atmosphere of the earth, that doesn’t mean I created you know, actual space beyond that atmosphere right.

Unfortunately they would not be tier 4 no.

The first to inhabit the Ever After didn’t mean they created the stars in the ever after which would be necessary for the tier 4 rating. In fact pretty sure in the flashback we see that light was already shining and plants were already grown by the time the brothers came into being.

Even the stormy acres representing the GOD and GOL respectively wouldn’t grant the tiers either since all that is, is a bunch of clouds, not like actual stars. A good example would be how if I create all the land on the earth and even the atmosphere of the earth, that doesn’t mean I created you know, actual space beyond that atmosphere right.

What about the first part? The place is an alternate realm since the door leads to a greater beyond, and the tree made it for them to leave cause they threatened to destroy the entire place.

What about the first part? The place is an alternate realm since the door leads to a greater beyond, and the tree made it for them to leave cause they threatened to destroy the entire place.
They didn’t threaten to “destroy the entire place.” All that was said was that the tree could no longer bear its creations. It sounds more so like it got fed up with its feud and constant experiments than anything to me tbh. Especially cause it didn’t look like the Ever After was like destroyed or the tree was roughed up or something.

Also this gives no indication that it’s the entire dimension as a whole instead of just the planet they reside in. The thing that would grant them tier 4 here would be destroying the entire dimension of Ever After as a whole, stars and all, but the statement would work just fine if they simply threatened to destroy the land the tree resides in rather than the entirety of the realm.

They didn’t threaten to “destroy the entire place.” All that was said was that the tree could no longer bear its creations. It sounds more so like it got fed up with its feud and constant experiments than anything to me tbh. Especially cause it didn’t look like the Ever After was like destroyed or the tree was roughed up or something.

Also this gives no indication that it’s the entire dimension as a whole instead of just the planet they reside in. The thing that would grant them tier 4 here would be destroying the entire dimension of Ever After as a whole, stars and all, but the statement would work just fine if they simply threatened to destroy the land the tree resides in rather than the entirety of the realm.

Well it’s not like we even know it’s a planet. All we do know is that it’s an alternate realm and it has a bunch of acres. Then again, in the Jungle Acre you can see an ocean that stretches out endlessly.

Anyway thanks for your input. I’ll see what others think.

Last edited:
Well it’s not like we even know it’s a planet. All we do know is that it’s an alternate realm and it has a bunch of acres. Then again, in the Jungle Acre you can see an ocean that stretches out endlessly.

Anyway thanks for your input. I’ll see what other think.
I just presume it to be a planet cause that’s the only thing that comes to mind when describing it. The main thing is that the land they’re in, the tree, is disconnected from the stars that shine in the sky right. We don’t know the size of the land, and it especially has some wonky shenanigans going on since the tree itself I guess can’t be physically traveled to (though idk how Little managed to get there.) but the land they’re in seems to be separate from the space outside in the same way planets are separate from stars.

FoT_b0JXgAgSqn4

Is it just me or does Ever After look small here?

Also if someone capable could write a draft about the Cat's intelligence. As I've said I'm no good with this kind of stuff. My mind just blanks out.

Still seems like the Gods created Remnant overtime rather than in one big go...

Also the RWBY x JL movie was goofy fr, if the RWBY x JL comic is canon then why didnt Team RWBY regain their memories of these characters who are extremely similar to them as they exist on Remnant (Weiss meeting 2 Bruce Wayne Bat Faunus and falling in love with them for whatever reason...)

Also you should note the cat and Neo made a illusion clone of human Penny, meaning she doesn't have any of the powers from her Android body
Ok wait then this actually confirms Neo can’t copy Maiden powers? Or magic? Because she didn’t copy any of Penny’s powers despite her being a maiden at the time.

Makes sense I suppose.

Ok wait then this actually confirms Neo can’t copy Maiden powers? Or magic? Because she didn’t copy any of Penny’s powers despite her being a maiden at the time.
Thought it was just unconfirmed and we don't know. We saw her create Penny's magic sword things, but it's kind of hard to tell what is just an illusion construct and actual power mimicry. The Jabberwalker is obvious since she can't just illusion that. The others are harder to tell.

Thought it was just unconfirmed and we don't know. We saw her create Penny's magic sword things, but it's kind of hard to tell what is just an illusion construct and actual power mimicry. The Jabberwalker is obvious since she can't just illusion that. The others are harder to tell.
Idk it’s pretty hard to tell the more you think about it. Like the weapons she created clearly mimic the user’s design like with Pyrrha’s weapon, but she also made an illusion clone of Ozpin, so does that mean the cane she manifested for him carries all that energy in it that was used to blow up the Monstra?

It’s pretty weird ngl.

Neo hasn't shown to copy Semblances from what I can recall, she can just make perfect fighting duplicates (Likely based on her own knowledge but theres still many plotholes on the characters she made copies of), but she couldn't copy Penny's actual Maiden powers, just the weapon constructs similar to every other weapon.

If the gave Neo that, then the maidens are powercrept af, which still doesnt make sense (even though Neo could totally solo Cinder now imo)

Also this calc still just...doesnt work honestly?

The grimm didnt smash the barrier, and they implied they couldnt easily. They were still in liquid geyser form from Grimm ooze too, which doesnt account for their durability just cause they spawned from it. As for the Centinels, the plan was to merely weaken the foundation of the cliff the shields were resting on to make it fall. Since Atlas is floating, Gravity did the rest, and shouldnt logically scale to that of a fodder grimm, since they didnt actually cause that amount of damage physically.

Its like someone triggering an avalanche with a yell

Neo hasn't shown to copy Semblances from what I can recall, she can just make perfect fighting duplicates (Likely based on her own knowledge but theres still many plotholes on the characters she made copies of), but she couldn't copy Penny's actual Maiden powers, just the weapon constructs similar to every other weapon.

If the gave Neo that, then the maidens are powercrept af, which still doesnt make sense (even though Neo could totally solo Cinder now imo)

Also this calc still just...doesnt work honestly?

The grimm didnt smash the barrier, and they implied they coukdnt easily, so they instead sent 2 centinelys to merely weaken the foundation of the cliff the shields were resting on to make it fall. Since Atlas is floating, Gravity did the rest, and shouldnt logically scale to that of a fodder grimm.
They broke through the hard light shields first then broke the shield generators.

Back