• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Vol 9 General Discussion Thread: Multiverse Of Therapy

223.jpg

Hey guys, um. Apparently the finale somehow got leaked on 4chan. Let’s just collectively not engage with the leaks or post them here, because I don’t want to click on a spoiler tag thinking that it’s about THIS episode when it’s about the actual finale.
Ditto.

Alright everyone, promise that if you do have knowledge of the finale, not to post said knowledge in this thread at all until the finale airs next week.

Also no jokes about knowing the finale.

Hey guys, um. Apparently the finale somehow got leaked on 4chan. Let’s just collectively not engage with the leaks or post them here, because I don’t want to click on a spoiler tag thinking that it’s about THIS episode when it’s about the actual finale.
Yeah but its been achieved. Very few saw it

Legit tho, we might straight up be getting a new form of Ruby.
I'm concerned Ruby is not going to change (which would be ******** for various reasons). BUT there's hope because the Blacksmith is still missing one line of dialogue from the trailer. Also crazy that we've heard Summer's voice since the trailer but didn't know. Also IF Ruby turns into Summer like actually just her mom that'd be kinda lame.

So I have a theory for next week. I'm actually so confident about it and have several pieces of evidence...so I want to know if you guys are down for it. It may spoil with clear precision Ruby's character development and her exact appearance.

So if you don't want to know what she'll look like IF she ascends then tell me.

Obviously it'll be in spoilers but most of the information is from previous episodes.

So I have a theory for next week. I'm actually so confident about it and have several pieces of evidence...so I want to know if you guys are down for it. It may spoil with clear precision Ruby's character development and her exact appearance.

So if you don't want to know what she'll look like IF she ascends then tell me.

Obviously it'll be in spoilers but most of the information is from previous episodes.
May as well, if it's just a theory.

Piracy bros winning

People talking about the scene in volume 7, I think it was, where he got his aura back up and people were asking whether he was using his semblance to make a positive feedback loop or something. It may just have been me but I thought people talked about it at least once. Nevermind, it was elsewhere.

Last edited:
So with the volume ending this Saturday, we should probably list what stuff is going into the thread we’re gonna make.

For Neo, she gets Power Mimicry for her clones having the abilities of what she copies, Limited Immortality Negation (Type 4) from the Jabberwalker since they can prevent those in the Ever After from being reborn. The Limited due to only working in the Ever After. Energy Projection, since her clones aren’t using Dust for their weapon projectiles and instead comes from her Semblance, Weapon Creation for her clone’s weapons, Construction/Creation for the mansion, and maybe Hive Mind, since the clones share her consciousness yet have personality of their own. Also we should probably change her AP justification since just one of her clones was capable of fighting RWBY by itself.

The Cat needs to have a profile made, and gets Magic, Immortality Types 1 and 4, since Afterans only die by ascending, Flight, Body Control, Energy Projection, Possession, Size Manipulation, Teleportation, Invisibility, whatever sharing their Heart is, and Law Manipulation, since they changed that bird’s purpose to fight the Jabberwalker. Also, possessing someone results in them gaining all their abilities as shown with Neo and them using her Semblance.

Finally the Gods become tier 4 for their creation of the Ever After, as proven in the color schemes of the acres, their dragon forms carved on the door of the tree, and confirmation from the writers themselves.

For abilities they get Law Manipulation, since an Afterans’ whole existence is defined on their purpose, and changing it results in a completely new being, as shown with ascension. And Sealing, as the door to Remnant cannot be crossed by Afterans, resulting in the Cat needing a host from outside to do so. Even then if the host has no attachment to the outside they still can’t leave.

If anyone else has stuff to add feel free.

So with the volume ending this Saturday, we should probably list what stuff is going into the thread we’re gonna make.

For Neo, she gets Power Mimicry for her clones having the abilities of what she copies, Limited Immortality Negation (Type 4) from the Jabberwalker since they can prevent those in the Ever After from being reborn. The Limited due to only working in the Ever After. Energy Projection, since her clones aren’t using Dust for their weapon projectiles and instead comes from her Semblance, Weapon Creation for her clone’s weapons, Construction/Creation for the mansion, and maybe Hive Mind, since the clones share her consciousness yet have personality of their own. Also we should probably change her AP justification since just one of her clones was capable of fighting RWBY by itself.

The Cat needs to have a profile made, and gets Magic, Immortality Types 1 and 4, since Afterans only die by ascending, Flight, Body Control, Energy Projection, Possession, Size Manipulation, Teleportation, Invisibility, whatever sharing their Heart is, and Law Manipulation, since they changed that bird’s purpose to fight the Jabberwalker. Also, possessing someone results in them gaining all their abilities as shown with Neo and them using her Semblance.

Finally the Gods become tier 4 for their creation of the Ever After, as proven in the color schemes of the acres, their dragon forms carved on the door of the tree, and confirmation from the writers themselves.

For abilities they get Law Manipulation, since an Afterans’ whole existence is defined on their purpose, and changing it results in a completely new being, as shown with ascension. And Sealing, as the door to Remnant cannot be crossed by Afterans, resulting in the Cat needing a host from outside to do so. Even then if the host has no attachment to the outside they still can’t leave.

If anyone else has stuff to add feel free.
what about giving the gods the powers of the cat and all the creatures in the ever after, including the tree/blacksmith also jaune gets a new key with Juniper getting a profile as well. New gets a new key for her ever after arc self that became stronger

what about giving the gods the powers of the cat and all the creatures in the ever after, including the tree/blacksmith also jaune gets a new key with Juniper getting a profile as well. New gets a new key for her ever after arc self that became stronger

I can understand the tree since it’s the main mechanic of the realm but the cat I’m more iffy on, since we don’t give them Oz or Salem’s abilities for creating them. Then again I do recall the writers saying that the cat is an agent of the tree like the Blacksmith. If you can find that quote then it’s probably ok.

So I don't know if anyone mentioned this yet, but a few clips of the upcoming Justice League x RWBY movie came out on Youtube and I'll mention what is shown in a spoiler tab so that anyone who wishes to go in blind doesn't get spoiled....if you care.

So this movie definitely confirms that Team RWBY and Team JNR time traveled, as Blake recalls Sienna Khan being killed by Adam when she's in her Vol 1-3 design. Also, all of the Justice League's powers apparently became Semblances or reliant on Dust in Remnant so there's that as well.

So I don't know if anyone mentioned this yet, but a few clips of the upcoming Justice League x RWBY movie came out on Youtube and I'll mention what is shown in a spoiler tab so that anyone who wishes to go in blind doesn't get spoiled....if you care.

So this movie definitely confirms that Team RWBY and Team JNR time traveled, as Blake recalls Sienna Khan being killed by Adam when she's in her Vol 1-3 design. Also, all of the Justice League's powers apparently became Semblances or reliant on Dust in Remnant so there's that as well.
It's literally the comic story but with
alternate timeline stuff.

By the way, Weekly.

Is this movie going to be it's own thing continuity wise or is it considered canon? I haven't seen or heard much in terms of writer interviews and all that so I'm curious to know what its status will be.

By the way, Weekly.

Is this movie going to be it's own thing continuity wise or is it considered canon? I haven't seen or heard much in terms of writer interviews and all that so I'm curious to know what its status will be.
Its considered canon yeah, specifically it takes place between volumes 8 and 9 because time travel shenanigans according to Kerry

Last edited:
ITs cnosidered canon yeah, specifically it takes place between volumes 8 and 9 because time travel shenanigans according to Kerry
Between Volume 8 and 9, huh? I got to admit, I was kind of hoping that it would take place after Volume 9 because I had this idea that something will happen in the Volume 9 finale which justifies Team RWBY and Team JNR being sent back in time to their Volume 1-3 days. But this works to, assuming the writing team either adds anything introduced in this movie to an inevitable Volume 10 or time travel shenanigans causes everyone's memories to be wiped of the event ala Sonic 06 style.

Still the best part of this movie thus far is seeing Glynda Goodwitch ever since her last appearance at the end of Volume 3. She's one of my favorite characters, and I'm happy she's getting more spotlight outside of Ice Queendom

Back